Endor Rebels Pics!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jesseawilson said:
Wait a second, these have not even been officially announced by SS yet. How does anyone even know that this is what they wanted to start the line with? For all we know there could be an announcment in the next few weeks of a different figure but because these figures got mentioned in a magazine first they are what evryone thinks is the first to be out out.

Has nobody really thought of that?

Jesse

I thought about it, but SS clearly has these ready to be announced. And the last time this happened with Maul, he was announced that same week.

Darth Loki said:
All I remember are torpedo helmets and them getting their asses kicked by Storm Troopers. Just because they're in ANH, doesn't mean they're iconic. And if I remember correctly they got their asses handed to them at Hoth as well.

At least they picked characters from the one ground battle they won :lol

Come on give credit where credit is due. The Ewoks were the difference in that battle.:lol

Darth Loki said:
I thought about it, but SS clearly has these ready to be announced. And the last time this happened with Maul, he was announced that same week.
Im thinking they didnt expect the magazine to be out yet.

mfoga said:
Come on give credit where credit is due. The Ewoks were the difference in that battle.:lol

I won't argue with you there. I don't know who that makes look more pathetic, the Rebels or the Imperials :lol

Well Im glad the old guy got made. I am going to be buying all of these but I would have rather have had one be Prune Face but ohh well. I just hope they dont have 3 variants on all the troops they release that could really run up in the money. You dont think the preorder could go up tonight since the news has broken on them.

jason2885 said:
Well Im glad the old guy got made. I am going to be buying all of these but I would have rather have had one be Prune Face but ohh well. I just hope they dont have 3 variants on all the troops they release that could really run up in the money. You dont think the preorder could go up tonight since the news has broken on them.
Preorder wont be tonight, I would bet that they are in the newsletter.

jason2885 said:

I'm guessing by your avatar you would have preferred Hoth soldiers? :eek:

They sure would have gone better with Snowbunny Padme. And my kinky kitchen pictures with three Hoth soldiers and a snowbunny would have been unforgettable. :D

Darth Loki said:

The problem with that thinking is that once it is leaked you really have no choice but to officially announce it wheather that's what you were planning to do or not.

Jesse

I'll definitely pick up one of them, but won't be deciding which until the closeup pictures are available.

Personally, I'm not much into armybuilding (the X-Wing squadron I'm cobbling together notwithstanding), so my reaction would be the same whether they were Endor, Hoth, Stormies or clonetroopers.

Jesseawilson said:
The problem with that thinking is that once it is leaked you really have no choice but to officially announce it wheather that's what you were planning to do or not.

Jesse

This is true. But don't you think that SS knows when these magazines are supposed to come out? I'm sure SS was planning on announcing these in this week's news letter or at the latest next week's.

Well, in all fairness, it does read "around $59.99" and "early '07". Around $59.99 could mean $54.99 or less or more and we all know SS has no sense of time, so early '07 could be early 3rd quarter!

It would be cool if you could buy 3 or more as a listed "army builder" and recieve preferred pricing from SS. :)

Be even better if they were $49.99 like Luke!!!!!

Darth Loki said:
All I remember are torpedo helmets and them getting their asses kicked by Storm Troopers. Just because they're in ANH, doesn't mean they're iconic. And if I remember correctly they got their asses handed to them at Hoth as well.

At least they picked characters from the one ground battle they won :lol

Hehe totally. And I WAS on the fence, but the more I think about it, the more I want these guys. I think next to the Hoth soldiers, these are the coolest Rebel troops around. The ones aboard the tantive IV, I dunno... I'm not a fan of that costume.

Bring on the trio!

..and hehe... someone said 'jism'.

Nothing appears in SW Insider that isn't carefully planned.

But calling this a bad business decision, weak, lame, etc. is rather naive. SW may be in it's first year, but it's proved extremely successful for SSC and already the line has more figures than many of the other licenses.

They said they were doing army builders and they said that armored figures would be later. So these ERTs make sense. And it's not like they make 3 Endor troopers and thus they won't make the Emperor or Jango Fett. They aren't taking the place of any other figure (although they may be taking the place of Medieval Kurgan).

SW will be the deepest license SSC has ever tackled and I'm sure there will more figures than Hasbro's 12" line. Just because these aren't for you, doesn't mean that there aren't PLENTY of people that are interested. Remember - Star Wars isn't just for you, it's for everybody.:chew

Wor-Gar said:
I'm guessing by your avatar you would have preferred Hoth soldiers? :eek:

They sure would have gone better with Snowbunny Padme. And my kinky kitchen pictures with three Hoth soldiers and a snowbunny would have been unforgettable. :D

I would have probably have liked a few hoth soldiers better but I will still be getting all three. Now if they were Naboo soldiers that would be alot harder thing to buy for me. I just hope each year they make sets of 3 for the hoth and rebel troopers so that my display will look balanced. I realy wouldnt mind for them to do a ROTS clone base mold and then release a Shock 501st and Utaupa variants in the same month.

I wonder when the Stormtroopers will be out. I just hope they dont price this line too high or I will have to give up Hasbro for PF and 12" figures

I'm also baffled by this decision.

If I were SS based on this nearly overwhelming feedback my quick fix using the "easy human" route would be to put two of these on hold for now and work on threesomes for the Tantive IV and Hoth Troopers. In 2007 release a set with each type of trooper, 2008 another set with different accessories, and in 2009 the final set.

Cheesus said:
I'm also baffled by this decision.

If I were SS based on this nearly overwhelming feedback my quick fix using the "easy human" route would be to put two of these on hold for now and work on threesomes for the Tantive IV and Hoth Troopers. In 2007 release a set with each type of trooper, 2008 another set with different accessories, and in 2009 the final set.

That would have been a cool way to introduce this. Good idea!

Ive read all over and it seems like all the "pro-SS" folks and moderators from every site on the net is defending SS and saying that "we all know the armored troops are on the way" and "it's hard R&D to make armored troops". Im just saying, with the firestorm that this announcement has caused, I wonder what will happen if the troopers look less than perfect when they come out............(at $70ea.)? There's gonna be hell to pay!

DCFett said:
That would have been a cool way to introduce this. Good idea!

Ive read all over and it seems like all the "pro-SS" folks and moderators from every site on the net is defending SS and saying that "we all know the armored troops are on the way" and "it's hard R&D to make armored troops". Im just saying, with the firestorm that this announcement has caused, I wonder what will happen if the troopers look less than perfect when they come out............(at $70ea.)? There's gonna be hell to pay!

There is definitely no excuse for SSC's eventual armored figures to be less than "perfect" (i.e, at least as accurate as the Medicom and Marmit stuff). The more they stall and delay the higher the bar gets raised.

It's not like this is the last figure in the license so I don't care that they announced this first. However, I don't personally care for three separate figures but the army builders will be happy. I'm only going to get one of them so I'm just going to have to decide which one of the three I want.

I still don't understand the "armored figures are difficult" bit. It's just some armor bits attached to a body stocking. If we're talking about droids or General Grievous then I could understand, but clones and stormtroopers aren't that complicated.

You would think, when SS first went after this license, they would have worked out the whole "armored" thing. Certainly by the time the line was up and running.

I'm ever hopeful that Darth Vader will be announced before this year's end.

Back