Endor Rebels Pics!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alice Adrenochrome said:
I perfectly agree with you there. But I guess that SSC thinks they have all the time in the world to bring us the icons of the military line, because we are not going anywhere, and we will buy the icons anyway!

I have to reconsider my status too. I think once these ERT's hit the market, my days of a SSC SW 12-inch completist are over. I don't see the point of buying 3 nobodies.
In a way, I'm glad the LotR 12" line isn't as popular as the SW 12" line. I don't think SSC will ever make three nobody Gondor soldiers.

They better make some nobody Gondor soldiers!!! They have some of the best looking armor and outfits in the whole series.

If they make these guys, they better make some ewok milfs. I'm sure there were a few hookups after that ewok village party of '83.

Seriously though, they're better than I expected, but at the same time... not as good as I expected (clothing colors and how they're dressed).

I'm still on the fence. They look like fun toys to have, but will I have the room?

Like I said in the other thread, I still think the guy on the right looks like Brant. Anyone agree?

This is seriously one of the most baffling decisions I've ever seen SSC make. :confused:

Many of us will be going from having purchased ALL of the figures so far to passing on these without a second thought. I honestly could not think of more boring SW figures to announce at this point.

Now, before the cheerleaders say "Just don't buy them!" I'll point out, for the record, that I WILL NOT be buying these. Hell, I wouldn't at $40 a piece much less $60!!! But what is worst of all is that these are likely taking up production resources for MUCH more worthy characters... especially in a year that should be about ANH more than ROTJ!!!

Color me both puzzled and seriously disappointed in SSC on this one. :(

The only incentive that I would buy these is if I knew for a fact they'll also plan to release an Endor Han, Leia, or Luke in the same military outfits in the future.

Or Biker Scouts.

IrishJedi said:
Now, before the cheerleaders say "Just don't buyt them!" I'll point out, for the record, that I WILL NOT be buying these. Hell, I wouldn't at $40 a piece much less $60!!! But what is worst of all is that these are likely taking up production resources for MUCH more worthy characters... especially in a year that should be about ANH more than ROTJ.

but we don't really know the production schedule of Sideshow. for all we know Sideshow may already have ANH stuff already in the works. i thought that with all the figures already coming out they production would already be booked solid, what with Jabba and all, but look what they snuck in . . . Endor Rebels. so who knows. They may have had a game plan for the 30th anniversary a long time ago.

IrishJedi said:
This is seriously one of the most baffling decisions I've ever seen SSC make. :confused:

Many of us will be going from having purchased ALL of the figures so far to passing on these without a second thought. I honestly could not think of more boring SW figures to announce at this point.

Now, before the cheerleaders say "Just don't buy them!" I'll point out, for the record, that I WILL NOT be buying these. Hell, I wouldn't at $40 a piece much less $60!!! But what is worst of all is that these are likely taking up production resources for MUCH more worthy characters... especially in a year that should be about ANH more than ROTJ!!!

Color me both puzzled and seriously disappointed in SSC on this one. :(

Just for the record, are you going to be getting these?

IrishJedi said:
I see NO incentive.

Are you still grumpy because the Irish got their asses handed to them on Saturday :monkey2 ?

I think a lot of people's minds might change as soon as Biker Scouts and Endor versions of hero's are announced. They will be scrambling to get these guys.

Meh...

as IJ says - WTF?

I'll pick one up cheap just to have one (the hoodie) but it just seems a bit of a waste of a release spot.

Presumably this will be addressed in the Newsletter as, for the most part, the feedback at fan level has been mostly ambivalent at best and negative at worst.

The figures look real nice, but seriously... I can't imagine needing to pick them up, or needing 3 versions of very, very background characters. Actually extras?!?

I think the only way I would buy one is if I can get a good deal on the secondary market... these are certainly not worth $60 a piece to me :monkey2

Darth Loki said:
They better make some nobody Gondor soldiers!!! They have some of the best looking armor and outfits in the whole series.
Yes, that's right! The Gondor guys have fantastic armor. Actually, in my previous post, I first wrote: "... I don't think SSC will ever make three nobody Gondor soldiers. And IF SSC would make Gondor soldiers, they would look a lot better then the ERT's."

But since this was comparing apples to pears, I deleted that part.

I actually think these ERT's look pretty good, but as Tom said, they don't look StarWars-ish at all. And, of all the military we see in the 6 films, they are most definitely the least sharp looking unit!

Darth Loki said:

They better make some MORE LOTR 12"ers anyway.. regardless who they are! :monkey4

Darth Loki said:
Just for the record, are you going to be getting these?

NO WAY.

I believe I was pretty clear... I wouldn't buy these boring figures for $40 each at this point, much less $60!! :monkey4

Alice Adrenochrome said:
I actually think these ERT's look pretty good, but as Tom said, they don't look StarWars-ish at all. And, of all the military we see in the 6 films, they are most definitely the least sharp looking unit!

i agree with ya there. i would have much rather seen some hoth troopers first. that being said these will make me consider buying from someone else other than sideshow for the first time. :monkey2

I'll be getting all three for sure. They look nice and all but I'm not sure why SS choose this as the start of the Military line if these are the start. I mean the Jedi started with Luke, Sith with Vader/Maul, Heroes with Han and the Military with Endor Rebel Troopers? Ok I'm buying them but color me puzzeled.

IrishJedi said:
NO WAY.

I believe I was pretty clear... I wouldn't buy these boring figures for $40 each at this point, much less $60!! :monkey4

I must have missed that in your 482 posts saying you weren't getting these. Can no one tell sarcasm when it's right in front of them?

jlcmsu said:
I'll be getting all three for sure. They look nice and all but I'm not sure why SS choose this as the start of the Military line if these are the start. I mean the Jedi started with Luke, Sith with Vader/Maul, Heroes with Han and the Military with Endor Rebel Troopers? Ok I'm buying them but color me puzzeled.

something else could sneak in there before them! :monkey3

Fritz said:
Like I said in the other thread, I still think the guy on the right looks like Brant. Anyone agree?

Yes I do! They said the military line would have their staff included. I'm 99% sure that guy on the right is supposed to be Brant. Which is cool because I'm a Brant and I've always wanted a Brant figure :monkey3

The guy on the left might be Mat Falls? I don't know. I would like to find out who the other two are based off of.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Why not have a Contest and the winner get to be made into a figure. For example, you could end up as another rebel trooper, or an imerial officer. Or in other lines, a Gondorian Soldier, a zombie, etc. Come on Sidehsow you need to make another Brant figure! :rotfl

Back