Edition Sizes Way Too High!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sanpedromanrique

Freakzoid
Reaction score
On today´s newsletter we just saw how 12" Frodo and Sam are on the second chance list. This is happening very often with LOTR figures. Don´t you think that edition sizes are way too high???

Yes, they should lower the ES and raise the price. I'm sure everyone would be happy with that :monkey1

Once again, I will ask: What's wrong with SSC having a limited amount of stock for people who start collecting late in the game? I can understand the argument for low ES on PF and statues. But these figures are TOYS ... expensive ones, but TOYS none the less. If you are buying Frodo and Sam with the intent of flipping them, you are going to be sorry in the end. End of mini-rant.

The Gandalf PF Exclusive is still in stock, at an ES of 500 pieces. So I wonder where the numbers will land with Galadriel.

With no exclusive, I think we'll see it around 500. Though I wouldn't be surprised to see it lower.

Once again, I will ask: What's wrong with SSC having a limited amount of stock for people who start collecting late in the game? I can understand the argument for low ES on PF and statues. But these figures are TOYS ... expensive ones, but TOYS none the less. If you are buying Frodo and Sam with the intent of flipping them, you are going to be sorry in the end. End of mini-rant.

I think the same applies even on statues and PF's really. Make enough they sell well but enough that someone late in the game may not have to pay 3k dollars for something.

The Gandalf PF Exclusive is still in stock, at an ES of 500 pieces. So I wonder where the numbers will land with Galadriel.

Lets hope that SS reconsider the face sculpt of Galadriel as it is the worst looking PF too date well thats what I think

there's nothing wrong with having a few items "in stock". SS is a retailer after all. i always wonder what new people think when they stumble on to the SS site and see that everything is sold out. they are probably all like "WTF?"

The first thing I ever bought from sideshow was the exclusive Aragorn and yes i found it very odd and questioned my judgment when I ordered it so far in advance and could see nothing first hand and most things were either pre-order or sold out. That being said once i got him i was hooked by sideshow and I'm beginning to believe they don't believe in the whole catch and release ideology

The only thing I care about is that they sell as many as possible so that the line never dies. If they make 20,000 and it takes 10 years to sell them...I am OK with that as long as they sell fast enough to keep it worth Sideshow's expense to make them for us.

I am new to the site and saw this thread. I agree with the number being too high on the LOTR items at Sideshow. I collect to enjoy the items but it is nice to know that you have a low number item sitting on the shelf. The second chances might just be coming from cancellations but they are happening more and more.

What's wrong with more people being able to enjoy the goodness of Sideshow's products? It keeps the prices down too, meaning even more will be able to afford them, and from what I've seen, Frodo and Sam are good figures...

Thanks to the 2nd Chance, I managed to order both the Exclusive Edition of Frodo and Sam from SS. I am thus not complaining. :)

What's wrong with more people being able to enjoy the goodness of Sideshow's products? It keeps the prices down too, meaning even more will be able to afford them, and from what I've seen, Frodo and Sam are good figures...

I really agree to that, as if they aren't expensive enough...
We don't want to get prices such as the Balrog's!

Back