DX vs MMS /// Which do you prefer?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On paper, having PERS that works and looks great is far better than having sculpted painted eyes.

The problem is at this point in time as many of you have said, is that it's 50/50 as to whether it's going to ruin the figure. They should really not have introduced it until they got better at it, but we as consumers accepted and bought the sub-par PERS heads for whatever reasons, which allowed hot toys to continue the PERS on with figures still 'not quite there'

In a couple of years time i'm sure a lot of you (not all) will have changed your opinions on PERS when hot toys actually nails the PERS. It's a gimmick that should really not have the problems it does but alas, it's still WIP and eventually they will nail it and everyone will love to PERS

Just look at the difference in quality of the figures over the past couple of years. It's inevitable PERS will eventually be far superior to painted eyes

Hmmm. I don't know about that. At least some of the problems with it I'm not sure it will be possible to correct - like the thick eyelids. Maybe they have to be that thick for a reason. Perhaps if they were thinner they could cave in during production. And thats the thing that causes the overdelineation of the eyes, the 'guyliner' effect because of increased shadow and so on.

Wish HT would go back to the old days where they used to include more heads, costumes and accessories in MMS releases.

And of course make figure from the licenses announced rather than announce them and then nothing.

Hmmm. I don't know about that. At least some of the problems with it I'm not sure it will be possible to correct - like the thick eyelids. Maybe they have to be that thick for a reason. Perhaps if they were thinner they could cave in during production. And thats the thing that causes the overdelineation of the eyes, the 'guyliner' effect because of increased shadow and so on.

Surely they will though, figures are always improving. I can't see pers NEVER being as good as their sculpted counterpart.

If that is the case (with the thick eyelids) they will discover a way to make the plastic stronger, or the steps in which they produce it will differ.

Surely they will though, figures are always improving. I can't see pers NEVER being as good as their sculpted counterpart.

If that is the case (with the thick eyelids) they will discover a way to make the plastic stronger, or the steps in which they produce it will differ.

I hope you're right, because as you said, on paper, PERS is excellent.

I hope you're right, because as you said, on paper, PERS is excellent.

Me too man. Don't get me wrong the PERS suffers greatly at the minute, there's no denying but i'm hopeful they will eventually suss it.

And of course make figure from the licenses announced rather than announce them and then nothing.
th_dog_playing_violin.gif

:lol

Even when the PERS works and looks fine, I'll take the lower price over the movable eyes. I have two DX figures, and one more coming ... and I've never moved the eyes on any of them.

The only thing I'd really pay extra for is an additional sculpt. The eyes are fine static.

SnakeDoc

I wonder who took these awesome pictures. :monkey3

:D

Ah, I get you. :lol

I've been replacing all my 117s with the DX10 heads and bodies. I will possibly be listing a bunch of MMS heads for sale soon. I'll keep at least one for 'historical' purposes!

Better sell them dirt cheap. The only way I got rid of mine was lumping them in with a KP body I was selling. :lol

Anyway, PERS. I've given my opinion many times on the matter but I;; do it again cuz I wanna. A fully sculpted head with painted eyes is just more aesthetically pleasing,like a piece of art. Im not a big on gimmicks. Moving eyes, light up features don't impress me and isn't a selling point. While I freely admit it is more useful on some figures like the Jokers and Sparrow I think I'd be just as pleased if not more with realistic painted eyes. And some figures really don't need it. Luke,Indy,T-800,DX12,DX09 I haven't moved their eyes since I had them. But yeah, on the Jokers I have to take pics. Not to mention they're always over sized. Some look better than other but they're big. And for anyone that will say they can't see a difference just hold that DX head up to one of your MMS's and you'll realize how derpy they are, with the DX12 being the King of Derps. They really need to keep the PERS system away from Bale Batman. The two worst looking ones are the DX02 and DX12. It doesn't look bad on Luke though for some reason or even Indy when you take the guyliner off. Another thing with PERS is that I find it so strange when people position the eyes far south. This only looks good on the Joker and maybe Sparrow. Every other figure will looks silly and like a lunatic.

I just realized Ive had most of the line: DX01,DX05, DX07-DX12 with DX13 on PO.

Learn me, I have tried to no avail shortly after creating the thread, if someone knows how I will add it!!!

Oh. Just had a look. I'm not sure if you can add a poll later if you didn't first check the "Yes, post a poll with this thread" box in the "Additional Options" section of the "create new thread" tool.

I don't prefer one over the other. When a DX is released I enjoy it just as much as an MMS figure. In hand I've never seen and "googly" eyes like many claim. I LOVE PERS but I don't think every figure needs them. Only thing I don't like about DX figures is how they are always higher priced but I don't ever feels ripped off by DX either. I feel more ripped off with MMS figures. For some, seems like all you get now are some hands and 1 or 2 accessories

Definitely prefer no PERS. It just ruins the figures.

Although dammit Enterbay, when you give us two sculpts, don't have them looking in same direction !!

Definitely prefer no PERS. It just ruins the figures.

Although dammit Enterbay, when you give us two sculpts, don't have them looking in same direction !!

In response to all the negative email Bill received about those sculpts, he's going to trial a new system of re-usable stencils. Each figure will be shipped with blank, white eyes and a sheet of 4-6 iris/pupil stencils that can be attached to (and removed from) the desired location with a patented Enterbay stencil applicator. I can't wait :yess:

Back