Dune (2020) by Dennis Villeneuve

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This seems like the kind of movie theaters were made for. Epic scale.

I still hope to see this in the theater.

Besides, my HBOMax always starts buffering after about 1.5 to 2 hours.

And some people say blu ray is pointless. Wait until Disney Fahrenheit 451s all their physical media and puts "Hutt Slayer" Leia in a parka and slacks.

And some people say blu ray is pointless. Wait until Disney Fahrenheit 451s all their physical media and puts "Hutt Slayer" Leia in a parka and slacks.
Yeah, nothing like watching a movie with picture compression artifacts and compressed audio.. :yess:

Streaming always looks better on my OLED than a 4k BD... :lol

And of course, revisiting it a few years later and feeling like something was different, changed, or missing... :slap

I feel like this same comment can be applied to BR2049. And Sicario. And Sicario 2. And the last 3 Bonds. All meh.

Great cinematography. Don't see great scale in a lot of movies but 2 had a little. I don't see much scale with just being in the desert like Dune, but we'll see.

Maybe they'll go full Lynch and have a voice over ending:

Paul: The worms... the spice... is there a connection?

Chani: The worms... the spice... is there a connection?

NARRATOR: The worms... the spice... is there a connection?

Cinema is the only way. Get to IMAX if you can.

I saw DUNE a month ago in IMAX (in Europe) and it was spectacular. Definitely one for the big screen.

I know nothing of the story. Knowing it ends on this note is concerning as the sequel may never happen.
It has to be continued. It's one of those classics which actually has had a very checkered history of attempts at being made if you look into it.

With Discovery taking over and wanting to hold talent, surely they will go with Part 2 and not want to lose Villeneuve as well as Nolan.

Back