Dune (2020) by Dennis Villeneuve

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The bank robbers from Heat would look pretty toyetic with the hockey masks on, not just dudes in suits.

What a movie. Truly unappreciated in its time.

Will we be saying the same about Dune in a few decades?

The bank robbers from Heat would look pretty toyetic with the hockey masks on, not just dudes in suits.

What a movie. Truly unappreciated in its time.

Will we be saying the same about Dune in a few decades?

I found some old photos of my CraftOne figures:

Spoiler Spoiler:

I found some old photos of my CraftOne figures:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Cool that you have those. I considered picking them up long ago but I just didn't like the sculpts. Such a great movie with a great cast!

As I get distance on Skyfall, I like it less and less. Fortunately for Skyfall, Spectre and QOS are just so bad, that Skyfall remains at the #2 best Craig Bond by default.

Hoping NTTD knocks it down to #3.

Excuse my ignorance but what is the connection? Either I'm forgetting or there is something I'm not aware of.
Well Nolan referenced it. Pacing, very grounded approach, same aesthetics, two opposing forces not encountering each other directly until a face to face in the third act. Reminds me of the symmetry of The Batman and Seven.

Well Nolan referenced it. Pacing, very grounded approach, same aesthetics, two opposing forces not encountering each other directly until a face to face in the third act. Reminds me of the symmetry of The Batman and Seven.
The villain is also very Jokerish. He even dresses like a cop to perform a hit and gets captured only to escape as part of his plan. Loki did the same in Avengers.

The villain is also very Jokerish. He even dresses like a cop to perform a hit and gets captured only to escape as part of his plan. Loki did the same in Avengers.
Oh forgot about the robberies to start each off too. I always prefer to introduce the villain before the hero. Sets the hero(es) against the opposing force immediately.

Skyfall had TDK like Joker (weird dude wants to get caught) and Spectre old dude like TDKR. Ripping off Nolan! Broccoli or whoever is running the show should just give the keys to Nolan and let him do what he wants.

Skyfall had TDK like Joker (weird dude wants to get caught) and Spectre old dude like TDKR. Ripping off Nolan! Broccoli or whoever is running the show should just give the keys to Nolan and let him do what he wants.
After watching Tenet, I think I've seen all of Nolan's tricks. I think he peaked with Inception and TDK.

I fear his Bond would lack the fun factor and be too serious. Not the character, but the tone. Also, I can imagine the dialogue and overtly complicated plot already.

After watching Tenet, I think I've seen all of Nolan's tricks. I think he peaked with Inception and TDK.

I fear his Bond would lack the fun factor and be too serious. Not the character, but the tone. Also, I can imagine the dialogue and overtly complicated plot already.
He needs to give up on some of the way out there theoretical plots and editing to what he has done lately. I'm kinda done with time travel and hopefully this MCU multiverse sticks to some fun fan service stuff. Bond has just become boring and trying to be all classy like the Connery stuff was. Bautista as Jaws was pathetic rehashing territory, which they have been doing the past couple of movies now. It feels like they are just shooting themselves:

32213f58-4e44-45ad-92c5-b2d1cdc73d07

Back