Dr.Doom Custom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sandman1

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Here's a quick bash of one of my favorite Marvel villians. I used the Icon's Doom for the HS, forearms, and calves(cloak too).
I used a Icons Punisher torso/hips, and a Icons Thor for the thighs.
Made the tunic from an old t-shirt that matched the cloak and used speed-sew instead of trying to hand sew the seams. I even managed to use his rocket packs, but I did update his sidearm.
I took the idea of the throne from Sideshow's statue and built it out of foam.
Still adding to the throne to make it look slightly more regal, but still the seat of power for a super-villian in armor.
Enjoy!!

That's really nice. I have a couple of those Icons Dooms for a similar purpose... how easy was the parts frankensteining to accomplish?

Actually, the parts went together fairly easy, There were a few minor dremmel area's but nothing more than a few minutes.
I cracked the body/hips in a vice, and replaced the leg pins with doweling to make it easier.

Very cool, I thought about trying this when I first saw the Icons figure... but shyed away because of the amount of work. You did an awesome job :rock

Back