1/6 Metropolis - Maschinenmensch Metal 1/6 Scale Action Figure by Executive Replicas

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dantes2501

Super Freak
Reaction score
Metropolis - Maschinenmensch Metal 1/6 Scale Action Figure by Executive Replicas and TBLeague

d1ec0e_96268b43b58f41d5b8dec6b5ab95c5a6~mv2.jpg

d1ec0e_8d849087676d4ea4b9400f71eae6b465~mv2.jpg

d1ec0e_acea0777d14a4092b828da2816a11d14~mv2.jpg

d1ec0e_fe1dfd36072e4345975bbfbfe00b0191~mv2.jpg

d1ec0e_65bd666973af49579eb05e413d52ff81~mv2.jpg

d1ec0e_850094338de747dfa547f677574d9b07~mv2.jpg

d1ec0e_31c9fe9506ea4d91949eca876242d041~mv2.jpg

d1ec0e_3db5387570f84a7b91d880bf4a7fcd97~mv2.jpg

d1ec0e_379d7d6d3ac546a1bb4b944bea0ac288~mv2.jpg

d1ec0e_4500b321b1a1425d9b57f0e2cd47244a~mv2.jpg

Pre-Order/Limited to 500 Pieces Worldwide

Item Name: Metropolis ? Maschinenmensch Metal 1/6 Scale Action Figure

Item No : ER2021-001

Bar Code: 614614989110

The Metropolis Robot AKA False Maria AKA Maschinenmensch is one of the most iconic robots in film history and one of the first robots depicted in cinema. It is also a historic piece of science fiction history. Elegant in design, The Maschinenmensch replication used all modern technology and ALL reference material available to achieve the final product. Every effort was put into making this figure a genuinely collectible ART piece to guarantee to go up in value.

In 1927 the film Metropolis was released, a landmark film in cinema history not only because of the subject matter or the film's cost; approx. 3 million dollars to produce, the most expensive film made at the time. It was the set design and the creation of the Maschinenmensch robot by Walter Schulze-Mittendorff'. Not only was his creation a beautiful work of art, reflecting the art-deco movement at the time, but it was one of the first robots ever depicted in film. To this date, Mittendorff's robot design still infatuates those seeing it for the first time. The robot itself could stand alone as a majestic statue to sit proudly on anyone's mantelpiece or table.

Executive Replicas Inc. brings to you the first ever licensed 1/6th scale Metropolis Maschinenmensch robot based on the silent film Metropolis. We are confident that we have achieved the Robot's most accurate representation as it was presented in the film.

The x 1/6th scale Maschinenmensch figure will include the following (Made with metal parts):

1 set of armor: The armor includes the following:

1 x faceplate

1 x back of the head plate

1 x front torso

1 x back torso

1 x right bicep

1 x left bicep

1 x right forearm

1 x left forearm

1 x right hand

1 x left hand

1 x upper right thigh

1 x upper left thigh

1 x right calf section

1 x left calf section

1 x right boot

1 x left boot

6 x ribs

2 x helmet hooks

2 x shoulder front torso hooks

1 x sculpted head

1 x female seamless body (model# JQQ10C-YS)

1x black bodysuit to blend at joint openings

1 x base representing Art Deco architect ? material: resin

1 x chair/throne as seen in the film ? material: resin

The armor is made out of zinc alloy and painted its original silver tone color.

1 x 5"x7" numbered metal sublimation COA

High-end 4 color packaging.

Limited 500 worldwide production!

Packaging:

1 product/individual box

GW: 0.27kg

Measurements: Size:37cm*32cm*12cm

2 products/master carton

GW: 7.46 kg

Measurements:75.1cm * 88.2cm * 26cm

Suggested retail price: $599.99 USD

Pre-Order cut- off date: January 30th, 2021

Expected delivery date: July 2021

Because of metal casting, the production process takes longer.

On preorder on several websites. KGHobby offers a particularly cheap price, that's where I preordered mine. It's not cheap but I received an unexpected end of the year bonus and decided to go for it.

More details on the ideation and production process can be found on Executive Replica's botched crowdfunding campaign they launched in 2019.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/...8oqie1v hOoClHe1uqEQesrpBgKtf0PRo_MCh-_KXo#/

Glad they decided to move forward with the project.

could have been just an action figure without the full seam less body inside but i guess like Medicom did with Robby The Robot.

i wish Hot Toys would do the same with C3PO and R2D2 with the actors inside.

$460 plus shipping from Hong Kong or $600 from everywhere else is a little insane. I wish they just made this of plastic rather than metal and fitting over a figure. Seems like doing so just added a lot of "features" that don't add any value - but do hike up the price. That figure better be super strong to hold the weight of the metal parts. I wonder how much articulation it has, don't see many pictures of it in any poses other than standing (also I'd fear that the silicone seamless body might at some point react with the metal finish).

Sean

Beautiful piece.
I especially like that they actually include a body and (I suppose) the actress' likeness.
Yeah, I wish I could afford this.

i would buy it ONLY because it was an inspiration for Robocop's suit, and only as a Robocop shelf tribute.
other than that i don't see anything interesting in this figure that would justify the price. maybe if i saw the movie.

One of my favorite movies, and I would love a figure of this, but I cannot justify the price for this one, and I just pre ordered Kaneda's bike, which arguably costs more but has way more features. I suspect there is zero articulation on this and the eyes do not light up

$460 plus shipping from Hong Kong or $600 from everywhere else is a little insane. I wish they just made this of plastic rather than metal and fitting over a figure. Seems like doing so just added a lot of "features" that don't add any value - but do hike up the price. That figure better be super strong to hold the weight of the metal parts. I wonder how much articulation it has, don't see many pictures of it in any poses other than standing (also I'd fear that the silicone seamless body might at some point react with the metal finish).

Sean

don't worry, the body is covered in black catsuit which will 100% stain the body when getting shipped before any other reactions. i would worry more about the paint chipping off the metal parts.

Mmm... kind of makes me want to cancel the preorder... The sculpt is totally undersized and the body has nothing to do with Brigitte Helm's.

wow i haven't seen this before:

3u6Njpi.png

341.jpg
You're gunna have a tough time getting information if you don't have access to social media. Though I can see why perhaps this figure may not have a whole lot of overlap with people interested in that :lol

In all seriousness, though doesn't look great. Just an iffy headsculpt all around. The price is definitely keeping me out of this as much as I'd love to have it.

When big bad toy store posted it for sale it was $500. I had my order locked at that price thankfully. Now it’s back to 600 on the site.

It’s expensive but what an iconic design. The underlying sculpt doesn’t really concern me since I would have no reason to ever display it. I imagine this will be like their 2001 figures and be super rare as time goes on.

Back