1/6 Metropolis - Maschinenmensch Metal 1/6 Scale Action Figure by Executive Replicas

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nah it just means some information stops being information.

A lot of information goes out in its entirety on social media. Yes there's some filtering to be done, but you're far more likely to get the whole story on something from social media than you are from a media outlet.

But I digress. My point was that its not hard to make a Facebook login to see the video if that is indeed the information you were looking for.

But I digress. My point was that its not hard to make a Facebook login to see the video if that is indeed the information you were looking for.
but that's my point exactly. an information hidden behind passwords is not an information anymore, it looks more like somebody is crazy and started playing spies and detectives. doesn't stimulate to make an account. imagine this forum would forbid seeing threads for unregistered users.

but that's my point exactly. an information hidden behind passwords is not an information anymore, it looks more like somebody is crazy and started playing spies and detectives. doesn't stimulate to make an account. imagine this forum would forbid seeing threads for unregistered users.

Some sections were. Particularly, sales. :dunno sounds like you're pretty set in your ways though. Best of luck.

people have to pay up for membership in order to qualify for some special orders, news site set up paywalls so viewers really keen on reading will pay up. lots of companies are selling information & news to subscribers, and don't forget some of your local newspapers are still charging few cents for them.

it's up to the company whether they want to make their news public or not, and pretty sure any money made from view counts will be higher from a signed in user than a visitor.

If you're like me and wanted this amazing piece, but couldn't rub two nickels together, let alone spend $600.....check this out:

I know it's not an action figure, or a statue; it's a model kit. 1/8 scale I believe, so just inbetween our Marvel Legends and Hot Toys. But it looks easy enough to assemble, even for a pathetic klutz like me. And the best part is it doesn't really need a lot of paint cause Maria was basically all one color. (Apparently the suit was grey in real life, but the movie posters always made me think it's gold.) Of course some wash would bring out the details.

The only downside is the seat is molded in clear plastic. What the hell man? How are we supposed to paint that nice and smooth, even with an airbrush? Why in the world didn't they mold that part in black??

Anyway....I believe it's a Japan release, but all kinds of retailers have it, including BBTS. About $50 and supposed to come out in August.

I'm gonna get one, even though I'm unemployed and soon to be homeless, cause hey....I'm dumb like that.

510vTF5lGkL._AC_SL1115_.jpg

Maria_LP5.jpg

This 1/8 robot kit is a great looking alternative to the pricey 1/6 figure... wait, has the 1/6 figure been cancelled? Wasn't it supposed to be out ages ago?

Sean

Anyone have this figure in their collection? Would like to see in hand photos of it! Seen parts of the movie, figure and character looks great. Wonder if the figure turned out nicely.

Won’t ever get this figure, can’t wrap my head around this company asking $600 for such a niche character. A diecast C-3PO? Yes! But this? Nope. Not for me anyway!

No, Executive Replicas is basically a family run business, epic delays are to be expected, especially within the current circumstances. I mean if this figure takes two more years to release, I wouldn’t be surprised.

I have no news on the 1/6 figure, but here's a review of the X-Plus 1/8 scale model kit.

This started hitting Japanese stores a few weeks ago. I had pre-ordered the "pre-painted" version from HLJ back in March, cause I'm terrible at painting. So few stores had a listing for that option, I started to think it was a mistake. It turns out it was only available in limited quantities in Japan. Retailers got one "painted" version for every case of 12 they ordered, or something like that. So, I was lucky to get it. I think they're all long since sold out, but the "unpainted" version is still available from Japanese and America retailers.

I think the main difference is that the kit has a slightly shimmery gold sheen applied to it. It's either painted this way or cast in a different plastic. The HUGE difference is the chair/platform parts. On the unpainted, they're all a bluish/grey, but on mine it was a darker black/grey plastic with the Metropolis logo actually painted in gold.

Here's some pics I found on Japanese twitter that I think show the color of the unpainted kit:

unpainted.jpg

unpainted 2.jpg

The plastic seems to be an almost "butterscotch" color. I don't think it's terrible at all, but it could probably use some kind of wash at the very least.

So here's mine, the "pre-painted" version, fully assembled:

IMG-1280.JPG

IMG-1290.JPG

It's certainly not what I'd considered "fully painted" but the shimmery sheen is definitely better than the standard release. I would imagine some blacks to bring out details would really enhance things, but I can't paint to save my life so I'm not gonna touch it! It's good enough as it is for me, and I like that the details in the face and eyes are still present enough without having to paint them.

The assembly wasn't that hard. It's no more complicated than a Gundam with the exception of a few extremely fiddly pieces that needed to be glued on. The plastic is a little brittle so that was scary in some parts. The only real trouble I ran into was the right thigh pieces not wanting to fully squeeze together. I did the best I could, but I think any more pressure would have started breaking stuff.

It's definitely a "display" model kit, in the sense that it's like old school models where you build it and then never touch it again, not like a Gundam that you can mess around with. There are NO moving parts when assembled. I chose not to glue every little part into place, but it's certainly an option if you want to. I like that there's a subtle pose to the final product, too with one leg slightly moving forward and the right arm being closer to the torso. It's not as completely static as it seems upon first glance.

The box is also fantastic. Unlike Bandai models that use very flimsy thin cardboard, this thing is thick and durable and has a lovely graphic on the front. I will NOT be tossing this in the garbage!

IMG-1283.JPG

Maria is 1/8 scale, so it's a goofy scale to fit into a collection. I don't mind cause I'll just have her standing there, doing her own thing.

Here she is with her "offspring," the Bandai model kit C-3PO and the MAFEX RoboCop.

IMG-1294.JPG

Of course, the true "intended" color of Maria is up for debate. As far as I know, the original prop was grey/silver, but I think we tend to imagine her as "gold" in our mind because of the movie posters, and also because of the mental association with C-3PO. I like the gold, myself, cause that's how I always imagine her despite seeing the movie in black and white.

Some other collectors on twitter are far more talented than me. Here's one that's fully painted, both robot and base, in what seems like a very light gold or silver. I do like the detail on the eyes.

light gold.jpg

This one looks like a work in progress, but they definitely decided to go silver:

silver.jpg

Anyway, I hope someone found this helpful. I thought the kit was very reasonably priced....it was less than $40 when I got it due to the weak yen, and it's definitely worth it if you ask me. Of course shipping from Japan is not cheap. American retailers have (or will have) this item too, but it's likely marked up a bit. It's certainly a cheaper option than the 1/6 figure!

Last edited:
She looks great, congrats. You're lucky to have got the painted version, I like the different takes on her colour too

Otomofan, thanks for such a detailed description and photo review. This certainly looks like an affordable and viable alternative. I am still trying to get a picture of how tall she is or how her scale would compare to a 1/6 scale figure. I really like the idea of painting her the way I want to paint her. Or really, you could buy 3 sets and paint them al different!

Well, the 3PO and RoboCop figures are 1/12 scale and she dwarfs them. But she's definitely undersized for a 1/6 scale display. The chair and platform give her a little height and shelf presence, but she's definitely right at that 1/8 scale, so she'd look undersized next to a bunch of 12 inch figures.

I still keep seeing great pics come up in my twitter feed from Japan. These guys are way, way more talented than me. Look what this absolute madman did: he came up with a fully detailed interior that can be viewed by removing the chest plate! Amazing!

Maria inside custom.jpg

Well, inexplicably received an invoice for the Executive Replica's figure. I asked to see pictures of the final product before committing.

I did the graphic design for the box on the ER Maria. I've seen the finished product, and I'm very impressed with the quality. I'll be receiving the figure soon; can't wait!

I did the graphic design for the box on the ER Maria. I've seen the finished product, and I'm very impressed with the quality. I'll be receiving the figure soon; can't wait!
Hi Andrew~
10 days ago this wonderful piece of art arrived at my house.
And your box art and design is really beautiful and amazing. :love:
maria1.jpg
maria3.jpg
maria2.jpg
maria5.jpg
maria4.jpg

Cheers to Executive Replicas and you! ;)(y)
Thank you very much!

Back