Stryker2011's: JABBA THRONE ROOM CUSTOM DIORAMA (Cabinet build in progress))

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Stryker2011's: JABBA THRONE ROOM CUSTOM DIORAMA (FINISHED - for now)

Very nice, sure looks like a fair amount of work was involved. Hope you bought the lumber last year, otherwise that display top probably costs more than the display pieces :lol

Very nice, sure looks like a fair amount of work was involved. Hope you bought the lumber last year, otherwise that display top probably costs more than the display pieces :lol

Thanks. Yeah, I’ve had sheets of plywood stacked up for several years actually. Decided to finally put them to good use. It’s insane how expensive plywood has gotten — I guess with all the supply and demand at building supply stores over the last year, these guys think they can now charge 3-4 x previous retail. And apparently can.

Thanks. Yeah, I?ve had sheets of plywood stacked up for several years actually. Decided to finally put them to good use. It?s insane how expensive plywood has gotten ? I guess with all the supply and demand at building supply stores over the last year, these guys think they can now charge 3-4 x previous retail. And apparently can.

Last time I checked it was $80 a sheet for what cost about $25-$30 just last year...

Excellent! That cabinet is going to be awesome, you're killing it.

Thanks. Appreciate the kind words.

I assembled the upper frame, but it’s just been too damn hot and humid in the garage to get much else done at the moment.

Further progress pics.

The upper frame and front support (for the viewing window -- which hasn't been built yet). The top of the cabinet will have removable panels to access all the lights and controls that are on the ceiling of the diorama:

81F87830-2606-43BA-9E58-AA072E5C7C02.jpeg
C900D5F1-3473-4880-AC95-FA0844920CFB.jpeg

The side walls attached to the table surface (with the removable panels removed).

D5523966-7D36-4BFE-A586-E49307EAA8DE.jpeg

The upper frame attached (minus the viewing frame, which will have glass/acrylic); all lights hooked up again:

FF3B0011-B23A-4FC0-B47A-2356773E0E55.jpeg
01FE4EB5-699D-4B27-B3CC-A3663A8AA294.jpeg

Wow that is incredible! Excellent work!

Thanks!!:duff

Here's some more progress pics. I'm at the end of what I can do for the moment at this point. The removable panels in the top are in place. They are made out of pine, and I can lift them out with the drawer pulls, much the same as the ones on the side walls; while the pine is much lighter than the oak that the rest of the cabinet is made from, they are still rather large and cumbersome, so it's a bit of a trick to lift them out without dropping them on all the lights, wires, and control boxes beneath them.

24.jpg
25.jpg

26.jpg

Thanks, gents. It’s been quite a ride. Sadly, I’ve hit a snag. Looking at museum grade acrylic is rather depressing as the cost is extremely high, and the shipping alone is a massive chunk, so it’s going to be awhile before I can save up the funds for that so i can continue to make the final piece — the viewing window.

Thanks, gents. It’s been quite a ride. Sadly, I’ve hit a snag. Looking at museum grade acrylic is rather depressing as the cost is extremely high, and the shipping alone is a massive chunk, so it’s going to be awhile before I can save up the funds for that so i can continue to make the final piece — the viewing window.
I have some more bad news. You are going to have to buy a Rancor now, and build the Rancor's dungeon below the throne room now! $$$$$$

Seriously though. I can only dream about a project like this. Looks absolutely amazing, buddy! Excellent work!

Love the pics!! Your lighting and craftsmanship is fantastic and I’m happy to see my Tessek in his natural environment! Super cool to see, thanks!

Back