How do you control your humidity?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rotfish

How does the wind ever get in here?
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Hi, all. I'm moving from Los Angeles to Austin next year and was curious how collectors in more humid climates protect their pieces. In Los Angeles, our indoor humidity stays between 40 and 55% for most of the year, so I haven't had to buy a dehumidifier. Granted, central air conditioning is also a big help and that'll be available in Texas as well.

To clarify, I'm more concerned about displaying pieces in open air, not storing them. At the moment, my collection consists of a few 1/6 figures and some larger polystone statues. Less than 10 pieces total, so I could keep them all in a single room if needed.

Last edited:
The ideal temperature for collectibles of all kinds is mid to upper 60s (F), and a dehumidifier will definitely help. I keep all my stuff in a walkout basement that stays cool and about the same humidity all year round. I also blacked out the windows with both film and blackout shades, so I don’t have the need of a dehumidifier, but If you don’t have access of something similar you will need to find a way.

Last edited:
if you have less than 10 get a display cabinet and out them inside along with those box dehumidifier and seal the openings. each box should last 1-3 months.

have your ac on once a while or get a dehumidifier machine and a water outlet to a drain it will run on auto when humidity exceeds your setting (ideally 50%) however it also generates abit of heat.

Back