Dinosauria: Stegosaurus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last edited:
Dilophosaurus was real. Michael Crichton just used creative license with the whole frill and venom spitting thing in Jurassic Park. There is no fossil evidence suggesting those features.

That bust is awesome Blade. Like carnotaurus, I've always wanted a really cool dilophosaurus maquette. So it's one down, one to go.

If I remember correctly, in the book, there was no frill and venom, that was something that was done for the movie only. So I'm not sure if that was Crichton's idea, or Spielberg's.

If I remember correctly, in the book, there was no frill and venom, that was something that was done for the movie only. So I'm not sure if that was Crichton's idea, or Spielberg's.

It's been many years since I read the book, but I'm almost positive that they did have venom in the book. I think the frill may have been added for the movie though now that you mention it.

Dilo's in the book were venomous..they spit like spitting cobras. That was how Nedry was blinded before being disemboweled. The frill was an addition for the film to make the animal more visually striking and different.

I knew something was added for effect in the movie. Thanks for clarifying. Still my favorite book of all time, and outside of Lord of the Rings, the only book I have read more than once.

What do you guys think of these ?

LPIC0503.jpg

Now before you get your hopes up, these aren't Dinosauria pieces, but I they are VERY sweet and they have changed my mind on just how cool it would be to have some busts in the Dinosauria line.

Wow!:horror

Those are some very nice busts. I'd love to own both of those. What scale are they in?

Prickly Marshallsaurs! A dream come true for some, a nightmare for others. :rotfl

Some of us just prefer more interesting representations... heh heh ;D

I agree. I love seeing new dinos I've never heard of letting all of you educate me on them. :lol

Shoot, I used to be know as the Dino Man around here and especiallyat school...now I can't keep up with all the new ones...good thing there are others educating us so we can pass some along to you.. :lol

Pretty sweet ! I love armor on dinos.. ;D

I don't see the scutes under the neck area though.. ? That would be the only real drawback I can see since I think they have proof of them.

The color scheme could have been so much more..but thanks to the calendar I pretty much knew what to expect in that regard.

Wow, I am extremely happy to see that this will finally come out~!

Even though it still doesn't imply that the line will continue after this one imo, atleast we can expect that the
Apatosaurus maquette will come out this year (like Blade-Of-The-Moon has mentioned above :) )....

Last edited:
Wow, I am extremely happy to see that this will finally come out~!

Even though it still doesn't imply that the line will continue after this one imo, atleast we can expect that the
Apatosaurus maquette will come out this year (like Blade-Of-The-Moon has mentioned above :) )....

Same here and yeah it doesn't mean it will continue..but at least it can go out with all the products released for it now if it does indeed end.

So I'm hoping the Apato makes it this year at the least..the Stego though might be Q1 2012 ...I'm not sure it will make Christmas right now. I'm curious to see what date SS puts on it.

Back