Detolf Modifications.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm using this method to house both my Hulk & Iron Monger in Detolf's and it's great.
The wire rope clips/clamps really are perfect. Just make sure you have a tool small enough that will allow you to tighten the screws once you have them in place.
I decided to add 2 per corner, just as a safeguard and extra support but it probably is unnecessary.

Also, like you stated it's a great idea to add felt pieces to the corners of the shelf that contacts the metal clamps to prevent sliding and scratches.

041_zpsd8cc17e0.jpg

The 3/16" clamps at my local hardware store were 79 cents/each and they sold packs of adhesive felt called 'Super Sliders' by Waxman for less than 5 dollars.
Cheap and easy!

I thought you use 1/8" clips? As most sites state that
Also do you have tighten them up massively?

Has anybody use rubber edging strips around the glass doors to keep dust out?
Wondering how well I works?
As I don't really want to use the sticky draft excluder version.

I thought you use 1/8" clips? As most sites state that
Also do you have tighten them up massively?

I use 3/16" clips and a 1/8" clips underneath it, so as to have 2 clips supporting each corner. I use the larger clamps on top b/c the stock glass shelf sits on them better.
They don't require massive tightening as that would strip the posts but just be sure they are tight enough to support whatever weight you plan on adding to the shelf above them ;)

I use 3/16" clips and a 1/8" clips underneath it, so as to have 2 clips supporting each corner. I use the larger clamps on top b/c the stock glass shelf sits on them better.
They don't require massive tightening as that would strip the posts but just be sure they are tight enough to support whatever weight you plan on adding to the shelf above them ;)

Ahhghhh right I see , so really the smaller clip is the main support and the larger clip is so the stock shelf sit on.
Well mainly 1/6 and premium format statues , just hope they are strong enough to hold.

Ahhghhh right I see , so really the smaller clip is the main support and the larger clip is so the stock shelf sit on.
Well mainly 1/6 and premium format statues , just hope they are strong enough to hold.

The larger clip can support the shelf fine, every Detolf mod I've seen like this has 1 clip per corner supporting the shelf.

I'm just paranoid and added the second, smaller one as a fail safe :lol

The larger clip can support the shelf fine, every Detolf mod I've seen like this has 1 clip per corner supporting the shelf.

I'm just paranoid and added the second, smaller one as a fail safe :lol

Splendid I will do the same:hi5:
Also on the 1/8" u bolt did you have to open the bolt to make it fit as they will not got through the bar on the cabinet.

What do you mean "open the bolt"? Sorry I don't understand what you're asking me :slap

Well on the clamps you have the nuts then the brace and then the bolt shaped like a U .
What I mean is the Ushaped bolt does not fit so it needs to opened with plyers to fit over the metal rod.
Also these are way too small and the glass does not even rest on them and when I tighten them the metal brace snaps

Well on the clamps you have the nuts then the brace and then the bolt shaped like a U .
What I mean is the Ushaped bolt does not fit so it needs to opened with plyers to fit over the metal rod.
Also these are way too small and the glass does not even rest on them and when I tighten them the metal brace snaps

Hey hidden, I did not modify the Ushaped part at all.
Are you certain you purchased the proper size?

I did not use the smaller clamps to support the shelf.
I used the larger clamps for shelf support & attached felt pads at each corner, then placed the smaller clamps directly beneath them as a fail safe.

I will take a close up picture for you and post it here shortly. ;)

Hey hidden, I did not modify the Ushaped part at all.
Are you certain you purchased the proper size?

I did not use the smaller clamps to support the shelf.
I used the larger clamps for shelf support & attached felt pads at each corner, then placed the smaller clamps directly beneath them as a fail safe.

I will take a close up picture for you and post it here shortly. ;)

Yeah 1/8" small clamps and I need to get the bigger version also

Thanks for the mirror sizes, ordered one today to replace the back of my detolf, will let you know how it turns out. Next up- some lights.

do you guys ever scratch one of the glass panels when installing, i have set up 3 detolfs, am not sure if it's my carelessness or QC issue i notice there's always some sort of scratch marks on 1 of the panel (different location), it's not your typical hairline scratch but more like a frosted spot.

Not mine, belongs to 'riteguytu' over on the Clubhouse Forum.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    209.7 KB · Views: 402
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    197.5 KB · Views: 403
Back