Del Toro and The Hobbit Movie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not sure about the sequel thingy they are planning.

Kinda wish they would end the whole saga with an interesting "Finding Neverland" type film where its a Tolkien biography mixed with cut scenes of his books realized. They could obviously reuse footage from the 4 other films plus new scenes from the books they didn't fit in the other films plus the Silmarillion, the appendixes, etc. A great way to sneak stuff like Tom Bambodil and the poetics and songs of his writing into a film as well as really delve into how he created the languages and world and used his world as a metaphore for things going on in his time.

These scenes would be cut within a story of his life in the war, as a teacher, his faith, etc.

I just think that would be really interesting and personal way to give Tolkien a really cool "thank you" .

yep that sounds like a really good idea and i'd buy into that, but the mass market wouldnt and thats who they've got to tap into to make the dosh.

I'm not sure about the sequel thingy they are planning.

Kinda wish they would end the whole saga with an interesting "Finding Neverland" type film where its a Tolkien biography mixed with cut scenes of his books realized. They could obviously reuse footage from the 4 other films plus new scenes from the books they didn't fit in the other films plus the Silmarillion, the appendixes, etc. A great way to sneak stuff like Tom Bambodil and the poetics and songs of his writing into a film as well as really delve into how he created the languages and world and used his world as a metaphore for things going on in his time.

These scenes would be cut within a story of his life in the war, as a teacher, his faith, etc.

I just think that would be really interesting and personal way to give Tolkien a really cool "thank you" .

They are not planning a sequel that's why I restarted the thread
Well, we pretty much knew this already but it has now been confirmed
https://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=24610

Guillermo del Toro was hired to direct The Hobbit in 2008, but left after two years of pre-production. Here's why Peter Jackson had to take over. So I was pretty surprised when Jackson took over from Guillermo del Toro to make the Hobbit trilogy, and the first film turned out to be such a boring mess. Even more so when The Desolation of Smaug rolled around, and the problems somehow seemed to get even worse.

Guillermo del Toro was hired to direct The Hobbit in 2008, but left after two years of pre-production. Here's why Peter Jackson had to take over. So I was pretty surprised when Jackson took over from Guillermo del Toro to make the Hobbit trilogy, and the first film turned out to be such a boring mess. Even more so when The Desolation of Smaug rolled around, and the problems somehow seemed to get even worse.

Why the heck are you necroposting this old thread with such a weird and bewildering statement?

Back