DEAR NASH

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nash said:
You are an example of a horrible sport. Just because Phoenix beat your Lakers you want them to lose :lol:lol:lol Grow up.

I'd love to play you one on one. You'd probably hate me too after I demolished you.

Sorry pal..Id crush you on the court..Call me baby Shaq:emperor

lol i really can't see Artest getting along very well with P. Jackson...and vice versa.

Here is what I truly hate about this whole suspension development. Robert Horry has been richly rewarded for thuggish behavior. The league went overboard to enforce a rule to the letter of the law against the Suns which could have the effect of deciding the entire series. The series was going the way of the Suns. With their victory in game 4, the tide has turned their way and all they had to do was hold home court for the remainder of the series to advance. Horry mugs Nash - Stoudemire and Diaw did not injure or attack anybody but they will miss the next pivotal game.

Think about it. First Team All NBA center is gone. And the man who backed him up all last year when he could not play is gone also. Horry will probably get a bonus for this.

If the league felt they had to do this WHY IN THE HELL could they not move the Diaw suspension to game 6? Justice would have been served without the devestating effect in determining the winner of the game and the series. That is what burns me about this.

yeah you take out 2 possible starters from the Suns' lineup, and trade that for a sixth or even seventh man from the Spurs. Horry got away with murder.

Duncan should drop 50 on the Suns w/o Amare and Boris. If SA has any brains, they'll keep feeding Timmy inside.

The Suns won't have any post prescence and will need to be hot from 3 to keep this game close. Such a shame that this has to happen during this great series.

And take it one step further. Lets say the Spurs win game 5 and then the series. All the talk will then be that the league determined the winner and not the players on the court. If the Spurs go on to win the title that championship will forevber be tarnished and diminished. It will be like Bonds breaking the home run record.

gideon said:
And take it one step further. Lets say the Spurs win game 5 and then the series. All the talk will then be that the league determined the winner and not the players on the court. If the Spurs go on to win the title that championship will forevber be tarnished and diminished. It will be like Bonds breaking the home run record.

Now I agree with you gideon. That why I'd prefer only Horry to be suspended because IF the Spurs win the championship, 2007 will be remembered as the year the Spurs had favoritism on their side due to the NBA officials. That is something the San Antonio natives including me do not want. Although I disagree that it's favoritism but we are concerned about the Spurs image.

Last edited:
i agree as well. it really is a lose lose situation for both teams.

I mean this is going to go down in the history books if SA goes all the way because of this.

Stu Jackson - NBA head of discipline - was just interviewed on ESPN radio. He said that the rule is clear and allowed them no wiggle room. The two men left the bench area and that was the end of it. When asked about Duncan and why he was not suspended he brought out lots of wiggle room and said one involved no altercation and the other one did and that was the basis for the action/no action. Once again, neither Stoudemire or Diaw got into it with anybody. The altercation had already taken place and it was initiated by a Spur.

I failed to be impressed with Mr. Jacksons comments and reasoning.

I wonder what would happen if the Suns lose tonight and its Game 6 - last few minutes with the Spurs ahead by twelve, and a larger Sun player gets the chance to drive on Bruce Bowen who is ready to take a charge? Could be very interesting.

What sucks most about this is that both players suspended were at the end of the bench where the foul happened. If they had been on the other end of the bench, they probably wouldn't have made it past the 'bench area'. Just an unfortunate situation and now, more than ever, I hope this series go seven so there will be no 'taint' on either outcome.

Darth Loki - I agree with your strategy for tonights game 1000%. Duncan should get the ball as often as possible and take it right to the basket. He should set some personal record for FG attempts. Any other strategy would be silly.

Regarding this going seven games to remove the taint....... the only way that is possible is if the Suns win tonight and the Spurs win in game six. If the Spurs win tonight - the taint will forever be a deep stain and a reeking stink that can never be removed. A Spurs wins tonight comes at the expense of the front office of the NBA using selective enforcement of a debatable rule.

The remarks of Greg Popovich that Nash just fell down after a foul are a complete insult. I wonder if Pop would gladly trade Horry for two games in exchange for the NBA's First Team center and his back-up being out for the crucial game five on his opponents home court? I strongly suspect that Horry did what he did intentionally and fully hoped Nash would get up and take a swing at him. Having your expendable goon off the bench take a run at the opposing teams star in the last minutes of a game you lost is nothing new. Was it worth it?

Silly question. Horry - Pop - and his team are the beneficiaries of an early Christmas and Stern is wearing the red suit.

Stu Jackson is a Moron IMO.. But I do feel he had to suspend Stoudemire.. I would have been shocked if Amare had been allowed to play.. Diaw.. Im not quite sure what he did... But I did see Amare sprinting towards the fracas.. Followed by being pulled back which he was resisting..He should have known that is a BIG no-no...

As for physical play and shots to get under one's skin?.. Welcome to the playoffs Phoenix...

Pound it inside tonight San Antonio!!

Bodie - if you are correct, why couldn't the league office do it this way.

statement from Stern: "Because of the actions at the end of the game we take the following action. Both the Spurs and the Suns will lose players for two games. The Suns will lose Amare Stoudemire for game five and the Spurs will lose Robert Horry for game five. The Suns will lose Boris Diaw for game six and the Spurs will lose Robert Horry for game six."

It would have the appearance and reality of being a very even form of justice. But it would allow the Suns to play somebody as their center in game 5 - something which is now fast approaching the level of a bad joke. Removing both men for the same crucial game is equal to deciding the game in advance.

I think this was the leagues way of telling the complaining Stoudemire the following........ "just shut your mouth and go into the field we point to and pick that cotton".

Bodie The Cursed said:
Pound it inside tonight San Antonio!!

This should really be the strategy every game anyway, it isn't like Stoudamire is an amazing defender to begin with. With him in foul trouble, the Spurs can play their style of ball -- methodical.

Back