DEAR NASH

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol I love Raja he's da man. He was always a no factor in Dallas, but his game got a whole lot better.

Man I cant wait for the game tonight. I got my fridge stocked with beers. Half of my damn fridge is beer lol. got a whole new bottle of Crown SR too. :chew

Playoff MVP so far has to be Chauncey Billups or Rasheed Wallace. The Pistons are 7 - 0 in the playoffs and will probably sweep da' Bulls.

The Pistons are having a playoff run the Mavericks, the Spurs and the Suns wish they had.

Other than that it has to be Baron Davis, he lifted his team to another level and beat what was considered the best team in the league handily.

After his first round disgrace at the hands of the Warriors, Dirk should not be MVP. It should have been Steve Nash.

I don't think there is anything special about the Pistons' playoff run. The East is weak, and the Pistons along with the Heat were the two dominant forces. Other than that, the East is a joke imo.

If you put the Suns or SPurs in the East, they'd have a flawless playoff run as well.

MVP of playoffs so far? Nash showed why in the last two minutes of game one with the bloody nose. His team just died without him. With him they are a thing of beauty. The award says "most valuable" - clearly not the "best player" or "most talented". Kobe serves the Lakers well but its hard to consider him when they lost so badly in the first round. Without Bryant the Lakers would not even make the first round. So you could say that Bryant is good for a first round appearance - no more no less. Same with TMc or Ming.

As far as the West being so great over the pitiful East who should not even play in the same league.............. did not we hear those same words last year? And who won? A team from the East.

nash said:
I don't think there is anything special about the Pistons' playoff run. The East is weak, and the Pistons along with the Heat were the two dominant forces. Other than that, the East is a joke imo.

If you put the Suns or SPurs in the East, they'd have a flawless playoff run as well.

I agree, but you play who you have to play, if the Spurs and Suns were in the East then we can only speculate how things would work out. No other team is undefeated right now.

If Charles Barkley played today he probably would have a title by now.

If Michael Jordan was drafted by Portland instead of Chicago would he have as many titles?

If "ifs" and "buts" were candy and nuts we'd all have a merry Christmas.

You catch my drift?

The fact of the matter is no other team has out hustled, out played and honestly outclassed their opponents like the Pistons have.

I think you are giving the Pistons a little too much credit. Sure the Bulls are a scrappy team, but to even think that they could match up to an NBA championship team like the pistons is silly.

imo, it isnt a very big accomplishment what the Pistons are doing to the Bulls. It is expected.

Now, Golden State over Dallas, THAT is an accomplishment.

Sure my Bulls are getting whipped by the Pistons right now but they're a good team. I think honestly they're a year away from making a serious title run. That being said. I would take the Pistons the way they're playing. They've been there and gotten it done before. They have plenty of vets that know how to win as do the Spurs. The Suns are a good team but I don't think they're better than the Spurs or Pistons.

LOL Josh, to say that the Bulls are a year away from a title run, and the Suns are out of the loop is just crazy

nash said:
LOL Josh, to say that the Bulls are a year away from a title run, and the Suns are out of the loop is just crazy

I'm not saying the Suns are out of the loop. I just don't think they're the best team left I like the Pistons and Spurs more. The Bulls aren't missing much IMO. They have a scorer in Gordon, a nice wing guy in Deng that can do some things, and a PG that's developing nicely in Hinrich. Wallace is doing well but I'd like to see him playing more PF than C. Again, IMO the Bulls are missing either another Scorer or they need to go get a BIG center to help out more on both ends.

The Bulls have a lot of talent on that Team and from what I've seen of them they're close. Plus unlike the Pistons, Spurs, and Suns they're young. It's all upside on them.

nash said:
What makes you think the Suns are not a young team? Out of the starting 5 Nash is the only real "veteran". Barbosa, Bell, Stoudamire, Marion, Jones, theyre all young players.

Barbosa is young. So he's got upside you would think. Bell is 30 and until the last two years hasn't been anything more than a average role player. A guy like this ya never know if he will get better or just drop off the face of the earth. I think as long as he stays in Phnx he will have a chance to be a better player. Stoudamire is young as well but he's coming out what 2 knee surgeries. One of them being a microfracture and "most" guys don't come back from that very well. So who knows how much that could cut off his career since bad knees at this age and the style of his game.

Jones just looking at his stats doesn't look like to me he does much. He's never played a full season and never avg more than 9.3ppg. He may be young but I don't see anything there that gets me thinking much on him. Marion is awesome. He's a very good player and I do like him. He's such a high flyer that you can't not like watching him play. He's been in the league 8 years now and that isn't that young. I'd call him a vet for sure especially since he's a captain. My wonder is how long will he last since his legs are such a part of his game. Can he develop enough other things to keep him around as his legs go.

Nash is sick. That guy is very good. I really respect the way the guy plays and how he goes about things. However, I think when he goes that team will go as well.

nash said:
What makes you think the Suns are not a young team? Out of the starting 5 Nash is the only real "veteran". Barbosa, Bell, Stoudamire, Marion, Jones, theyre all young players.

On another note, Nash is the man. Check out his soccer skills

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehvrkKwCTqA&mode=related&search=

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6cLDvQvc8E&NR=1

He freely admits that he's a much better soccer player than a basketball player, which imo is pretty scary.

I think he is being a lil humble when he says that. He is good, might make a pro team but I think hes much better at basketball.

Is it just me or does the ball go in and out on the second one? Still pretty good shot.

Want to see somethig scary check out this kid
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8GhLdnSbTw

If you want to see a couple of the best I have seen , check out Ronaldino and Chistiano Ronaldo.

The Bulls are on the upswing.. What they need is experience and a few beatings in the playoffs to make them better..And they are getting a little of both the last few years..Teams always must pay thier dues..

I look at the Bulls to be one of the rising powers in the east as the Heat and Pistons decline w/ age..

Pistons/Spurs/Suns are the only teams I seriously consider this year.

Mark, he made it in from half court. The ball you saw going out of the rim was another person's shot.

Josh, if youre telling me that the Bulls have a chance at a title next year but the Suns dont, I still say youre crazy.

If you think the Suns cant match up to the Spurs or Pistons, what more to the Bulls? The Suns match up way better to those two teams than the Bulls ever will imo.

No, I'm not saying the Suns don't. I didn't even say anything close. I'm just saying the Bulls chances I think will begin to vastly improve starting next year.

I think the Pistons and Spurs because of their D really can take it to the Suns. A good D can beat a good O any day. Coaching my high school team I focus a lot on D. Now, that's not to say the Suns won't just kick their ass either but I don't like the Suns in either match up. Not that they won't do well in a series with them, but I wouldn't take them as the fave. The Bulls aren't to the level of D the Spurs and Pistons are at yet but they can be over the next year or two. So the Suns should handle the Bulls much more easily.

Marion has got to have the very ugliest shot in all of basketball ... :google

The refs have to let these guys play, Stoudemire's complaint notwithstanding. :emperor

Yeah, his jumper is pretty ugly. But it works 4 him it seems.

I hate when refs don't let teams play. That gets me *****ing when I coach more than anything.

nash said:
Mark, he made it in from half court. The ball you saw going out of the rim was another person's shot.

Josh, if youre telling me that the Bulls have a chance at a title next year but the Suns dont, I still say youre crazy.

If you think the Suns cant match up to the Spurs or Pistons, what more to the Bulls? The Suns match up way better to those two teams than the Bulls ever will imo.

It'll be interesting to see how the Suns do without Marion :monkey3

Game 4 tonight. I think we're going to see a battle. More so than game 3.

Back