DEAR NASH

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All NBA teams announced .... feel free to comment.

2006-07 ALL-NBA FIRST TEAM

Position Player, Team (1st Team Votes) Points
Forward Dirk Nowitzki, Dallas (125) 634
Forward Tim Duncan, San Antonio (94) 573
Center Amaré Stoudemire, Phoenix (36) 351
Guard Steve Nash, Phoenix (129) 645
Guard Kobe Bryant, L.A. Lakers (128) 643

2006-07 ALL-NBA SECOND TEAM

Forward LeBron James, Cleveland (64) 494
Forward Chris Bosh, Toronto (8) 234
Center Yao Ming, Houston (38) 333
Guard Gilbert Arenas, Washington 295
Guard Tracy McGrady, Houston (10) 278

I noticed the closest in voting was the center position with only a few points dividing the top two. The rest are pretty one sided.

gideon said:

you know i love that!

gideon said:

2006-07 ALL-NBA SECOND TEAM

Forward LeBron James, Cleveland (64) 494
Forward Chris Bosh, Toronto (8) 234
Center Yao Ming, Houston (38) 333
Guard Gilbert Arenas, Washington 295
Guard Tracy McGrady, Houston (10) 278

I noticed the closest in voting was the center position with only a few points dividing the top two. The rest are pretty one sided.

Can't argue w/ those picks.. I might have put Yao ahead of Stoudemire, but since Yao was injured for a good chunk of the season I feel it's justified.

Kobe, Dirk and Nash deserved the most votes. Those 3 added alot excitement in thier own ways to the season. I'd love to see those three play together.

Was the 1st team the West's starting All Start squad this year?

not sure about the rest but I know for sure that Nash didnt participate in the all star game this year due to his back or shoulder injury.

heard about this yesterday. bah, oh well. I like dirk, and he does deserve it...however I can't help but to say that the whole voting system for the MVP trophy with all of it's different stipulations is flawed.

Im sure this will be a good thing as well....take some of the spotlight off of Nash and allow him to focus on the playoffs instead of this media crap.

The past two years with Nash winning back to back MVPs, so many people were criticizing Nash for not having a ring to go with the MVP trophies. Well now it seems they were indeed justified if someone like Dirk who got demolished in the first round by an 8th seed can get the MVP trophy.

nash said:
heard about this yesterday. bah, oh well. I like dirk, and he does deserve it...however I can't help but to say that the whole voting system for the MVP trophy with all of it's different stipulations is flawed.

Im sure this will be a good thing as well....take some of the spotlight off of Nash and allow him to focus on the playoffs instead of this media crap.

The past two years with Nash winning back to back MVPs, so many people were criticizing Nash for not having a ring to go with the MVP trophies. Well now it seems they were indeed justified if someone like Dirk who got demolished in the first round by an 8th seed can get the MVP trophy.

I think Nash deserved it. His style of play is pure joy. I think his back to back MVPs played against him in getting what he deserved this year.

On a side note... Whats with the big break in between Suns/Spurs games?

I dont know! this break is driving me nuts.... not to mention I might miss game 3 on saturday because of stupid graduation dinners that I might have to attend.

I'll probably tell them I cant make it. I take playoffs seriously man :cool:

I'd pick the playoffs over that.. No DVR?..

I wonder if this long break will disrupt the rythem of the Spurs or Suns.. It'll probably help both point guards as they are getting a little banged up..

Hope G state pulls it off tonight.. My UCLA boys are playing well..The home crowd will be rabid tonight...

Graduation party? Send a card with some cash inside and they will love you for it especially since you are not consuming the seven bean dip or watery potato salad. You get to stay home, eat and drink your own favorites and watch the game. They get your cash --- its a win win situation.

The MVP voting is a lose lose situation. If you limit it to only the regular season - like it is done today - then you get the Dirk situation. If you add on the playoffs, a player with a long team run has an unfair advantage over a player whose team did not make it or was knocked out quickly. Neither method is perfect and both have flaws. The Finals MVP award goes a bit to make up for it but its status next to the regular season MVP is much less.

Bodie The Cursed said:
NBA does this every year. They care more about what day and time the game is on then anything. The best part is they use to say that the 2-3-3 series was to help with the travel even though they had 2-3 days sometimes to travel. Sorry the NBA has no idea how to run a playoffs.

nah they know what they are doing.

After playing 80 games in the regular season, I think a couple days of rest is warranted.

Heres a question..

To date, who is the Post season MVP, for now..

I have 3 worthy Candidates..

Steve Nash, Baron Davis or Kwame Brown..?

At the moment I have to go w/ Baron.. The kid is on another level right now..

Bodie The Cursed said:
Heres a question..

To date, who is the Post season MVP, for now..

I have 3 worthy Candidates..

Steve Nash, Baron Davis or Kwame Brown..?

At the moment I have to go w/ Baron.. The kid is on another level right now..

hmmm

of those 3 choices I'd have to go with Nash. Not being biased, but I think that without Jackson or the other warriors stepping up, Baron Davis's game would have a lot of holes in it.

What made you put Kwame brown in there any way?

nash said:
hmmm

of those 3 choices I'd have to go with Nash. Not being biased, but I think that without Jackson or the other warriors stepping up, Baron Davis's game would have a lot of holes in it.

What made you put Kwame brown in there any way?

Kwame was a bad joke literally and figuratively..

Nash has been amazing... But Baron has been playing in the clouds.. He's been unbelievable..

I suppose you can say without Quality players surrounding Nash his game would suffer alot as well.

Bodie The Cursed said:
I think Nash deserved it. His style of play is pure joy. I think his back to back MVPs played against him in getting what he deserved this year.

I think Kobe diserved it more. No one player meant more to his team than Kobe. Hell, he was the team. They'd be fighting for Oden or Durant if he wasn't on that joke of a squad.

Darth Loki said:
I think Kobe diserved it more. No one player meant more to his team than Kobe. Hell, he was the team. They'd be fighting for Oden or Durant if he wasn't on that joke of a squad.

Kobe will get his once the Lakers put together a decent win/loss record..

We were so injury riddled this season we never got into a groove.. Rememebr we were something like 26-13 before we got really slammed w/ injuries. We would get one guy back off the injured list only to have another go on the list that very night. This was the worst season injury-wise that I have seen on a Lakers Squad.

If we can cut out a few cancers (Smush, Cook) drop some dead weight (Kwame) and replace them with some hard workers, the Lakers will be just fine.. Thats 2 starting spotsd and a 6th man role..

Bodie The Cursed said:
I suppose you can say without Quality players surrounding Nash his game would suffer alot as well.
I beg to differ. Nash is the main reason why Marion, Stoudemire, and some of the rest of the cast have been having career numbers since his arrival to PHX. Before then they were good players, but since Nash, they are now all stars.

Nash doesn't rely on PHX, but PHX relies on Nash's abilities as a leader and playmaker. WIthout him their offense would be nothing. Take away PHX players and Nash still has his fundamental skills of playmaking and decision making. Those are something you can't take away.

Baron Davis to me seems way too reckless and without the rest of his team, his recklessness gets him in trouble a lot. He takes too many bad shots and he's not even a great 3point shooter yet he shoots a lot from behind the arc.

I agree Nash is more refined.. He also makes players around him better, which is golden..

Stoudemire and Marion you would have to admit are nice targets, thier athletic abilities are through the roof..

He definatley is making that punk ass Raja Bell better than he is..:eek:

Back