DEAR NASH

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nash said:
it's ok, this loss means MORE BASKETBALL and that's always good in my book. As long as the Mavs end up losing the first round hehehe :D

I agree.. Great energy in this series... The Warriors are just rabid.. But they shot themselves out of it in the end...:emperor

Dirk came through when it really mattered. I would not give the Mavs too much of a chance in game six - they barely pulled this one out tonight at home and easilly could have lost if only GS had played a full 48 minutes. If the Mavs lose I see nobody able to stop the Suns in the West.

Tonight I look for a pretty even first half with the Suns starting to pull away in the third. We will see what kind of team character the Lakers have.

Chicago and Detroit will be a war. It will not be pretty and will be the opposite of oldtime ABA basketball at its most fluid but it will be dramatic. Seven games.

Bodie The Cursed said:
"take it to the hole!"...
That's what she said!!! :lol :D

Sorry I had to. :eek:

Warriors Vs. Mavs Game 6 is gonna be a tough one, I think both teams may have revealed their true colors last night.

I think the Warriors might have had thier chance to end this quick and could be looking at a 7th game in Dallas.. Those Ill advised 3's at the end reminded me of my beloved Lakers..

Detroit Chicago I will look forward to..

gideon said:
If the Mavs lose I see nobody able to stop the Suns in the West.

I still think the Spurs will take it, they have an uncanny ability to control pacing; do that and the Suns begin to shut down.

As much as I hate to admit it, im fearing the Spurs more so than the Mavs. The Spurs's game is completely opposite of what the Suns play and that can make for a nightmare on the offensive end for my team.

Does anyone here give the Rockets a decent chance to at least get to the Western finals?

_39507595_ap300spurs.jpg

gideon said:
Does anyone here give the Rockets a decent chance to at least get to the Western finals?

My personal answer is no..:emperor

Yet I have not watched any of thier games this post season.. Has Yao had fuel in his tank at the end of games or has he been fizzling out in the final quarter?

Last edited:
nash said:
As much as I hate to admit it, im fearing the Spurs more so than the Mavs. The Spurs's game is completely opposite of what the Suns play and that can make for a nightmare on the offensive end for my team.

The Spurs tend to do a very good job of controlling the tempo of a game, and they will execute you to death.. Not to mention the only one that can stop Tim Duncan is himself..

If the Spurs can force the Suns into playing a half court offense I really don't think that they have a chance to get past them.

I love teams that play inspired defense.. Can you hear me Lakers?..

How about Big Shot Rob yet again at the end of thier last game... Man, he has been doing that his whole career..

from Bodie

Has Yao had fuel in his tank at the end of games or has he been fizzling out in the final quarter?

He certainly does not look as good in the fourth as he does in the first. However, the other night he did play well over the last few minutes making free throws and getting a couple key rebounds. He is still slow on defense particularly when a smaller and faster player is moving to the basket under a head of steam. When an opposing player is standing still right by him or posting up he can play him well.... it is on those sharp cuts to the hoop that he still looks slow. During the season I think they were 1 -2 against both Dallas and GS. But then they did not have either half of the Big Two for some of the losses.

Again, Yao had the best numbers of any center in the league for the second year in a row.

McGrady has looked very good lately. If those two can be healthy and play together they could cause trouble for somebody other than the Suns.

DannieDarKo said:
Is it just me or does Robert Horry resemble Will Smith?

Yes another BLACK man.
:monkey1
When Will Smith performed at the Finals a couple years ago, you notice you never saw Horry. It's cause they are the same guy.:monkey5

gideon said:
McGrady has looked very good lately. If those two can be healthy and play together they could cause trouble for somebody other than the Suns.

Health seems to have been thier biggest obstacle since they joined together.

Yao is a great player, its a good thing he is a little slow on defense otherwise it would'nt be fair. Kind of like how it would'nt be fair if Shaq (in his prime) could'nt hit a free throw.

As good as Yao and McGrady are, something about Houston just doesn't excite me.

Hell yeah!! I was supposed to have a briefing tonight at 10pm and was worried I would miss the game. But it got cancelled and im a free man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back