Deadpool Sequel - 2018

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Star wars talk outside star wars threads should count as threadcrapping :lecture

...come closer.
Mono_culo.jpg

When being PC goes wrong. When I read her credentials I was surprised she was already doing such stunts. Only had a few years riding. Such a shame.

I know everyone is blaming the producers but she should have just told them to get someone else, that she wasn't comfortable or skilled enough to do these stunts. No job is worth dying over. I'm sure they could have found another black women somewhere who had the experience and if they couldn't well then just CGI in the face.. Its not like they were going to leave the stunt woman's face in the movie, the actresses face would have been digitally imposed over the face of the motorcycle-driving stunt woman anyway.

I know everyone is blaming the producers but she should have just told them to get someone else, that she wasn't comfortable or skilled enough to do these stunts. No job is worth dying over. I'm sure they could have found another black women somewhere who had the experience and if they couldn't well then just CGI in the face.. Its not like they were going to leave the stunt woman's face in the movie, the actresses face would have been digitally imposed over the face of the motorcycle-driving stunt woman anyway.

Nope, thats bs on their part, this is all the producers fault. They hired her, they ignored ALL the multiple warnings from the other stunt people. Ignored safety. She thought she could do it. It was their job to have a safe work environment since she wasnt a stunt person.

And before u say ( they could have gotten another person)
Thats the whole problem, there Are NO black female stunt bike workers. Thats why they had to get her. Instead of using a male or using cgi to change race they wanted to get her, ( it would have had to be a white lady stunt person if they did it right)

This was incompetence and carelessness from reynolds and comp from all sides.

They tried to diversify by hiring a black stunt woman i'm sure she was proud of being in a rare group of professionals but her over confidence in herself and the studio's lack of oversight and ignoring warnings all contributed to her demise.

Next time hire Tom Cruise or Keanu Reeves to do your stunts.

Am I the only one that doesn't see this as a race or PC issue? Stupid decisions were made regarding the hiring of a stunt woman that just happened to be black.

Am I the only one that doesn't see this as a race or PC issue? Stupid decisions were made regarding the hiring of a stunt woman that just happened to be black.

If that was the case then the producers would have listened to the many warnings from other stunt people and they would have not used her at all.
Remember, she was not a stunt woman, just a racer. There were no black female stunt workers that they could hire.
They could have eadily gotten a man, but they didnt want that.

Back