DCD 13" V, V for Vendetta

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
which true type did you use? slim, narrow???

The regular kind with giant shoulders... it was the recent Caucasian with the Tom Cruise head.

The slim would definitely be too short, and I think the narrow would not fill out the jacket enough.

Not a huge update, but I got him his own set of boots and can now call him good. Will probably weather him at some point, but for now I'm really happy with how he turned out :rock

vendetta.jpg

Happy to oblige :lol

Doesn't seem like HT is going to make a V figure, and honestly DCD did a pretty good job. So, this is a good compromise.

Now if only you could make swaps to Hot Toys bodies that easily for the REST of DC Direct's figures... the rest of my collection is laughing at Harley Quinn and the Joker and the Sandman....

Yeah, but I'm too lazy to undertake that one. I remember Les did a Napoleon figure with straight hair... something like that would be killer.

In general the DCD accessories are okay. Definitely not as nice as HT or SS, but not Hasbro quality either.

Although I really dig GB's mod as-is I too would be curious to see what real hair would look like. Definitely a back burner project for me but I doubt V is ever going to be hard to find.

Now if only you could make swaps to Hot Toys bodies that easily for the REST of DC Direct's figures... the rest of my collection is laughing at Harley Quinn and the Joker and the Sandman....

Well, I swapped a Robin I picked up last week. It's true though, they're not that easy to swap (Sandman's on the same small body as Robin though).

Robin.jpg

RobinProfile.jpg

Yeah, the smaller sized body from DCD is a bit taller than a TrueType, but not by much and about as broad in the shoulders. So the swap can be done... but there are some rough parts. I imagine it would be worse if you were using a tight fitting costume.

But you're pretty much out of luck if trying a conversion on one of the giant 13" figures.

True, the heads are a bit larger than the standard 1/6 scale for the giant 13" bodies.

Looks great man... did you use the same formula?
I did the same formula except for the hand those are SS Darth maul hands could not find any pegs big enough for his own gloves. Still searching. He is a hot figure with the small mods, my only problem is his cape boy did they give us a lot of cape for this guy...It's like a blanket.

Back