DCD: 13" Kingdom Come Superman Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
and the rubber boots that look a bit cheap.

I kinda like the sculpted rubber boots. I thought the red vinyl boots on my classic "13 Superman figure looked a little "formless".

If you ever decide you'd like to trade. Let me know. :)

Congrats on picking up a nice figure.

-Ray

Can you post pics? I might be interested...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/33233581@N05/4971623050/

Do the Kingdom Come boots come off and on easy?

-Ray

I've read on various forums that the sculpted boots are a pain to get off even after heating them up. I've read reports of ankle snaps and even deformities after the fact.

i decided after a bit of thought to try to sort out the lack of movement in the arms ,so a ground down the latts so he can get his arms lower ,well its not perfect ,but i think its a improvement ,swapped out the belt ,padded him out in the hips wait and knees ,just waiting for a regulat superman emblem and ill paint the hair
DSC05724.jpg
DSC05725.jpg

You had an extra https:// in the url...

DSC05724.jpg

DSC05725.jpg

Good job on grinding down the lats, looks better. Now pad up those hips!

hey man ,thanks for the assist ,as for the hips ,ill get right on it ,burgers and icecream at the double cheers chris

i decided after a bit of thought to try to sort out the lack of movement in the arms ,so a ground down the latts so he can get his arms lower ,well its not perfect ,but i think its a improvement ,swapped out the belt ,padded him out in the hips wait and knees ,just waiting for a regulat superman emblem and ill paint the hair
DSC05724.jpg
DSC05725.jpg

Looks much better with his arms closer to his sides. :rock Does the grind affect the appearance of the figure if his arms are in a different position?

Looks much better with his arms closer to his sides. :rock Does the grind affect the appearance of the figure if his arms are in a different position?

Libby - any chance you can also show the chest bare so I can see how much you ground out?

I love my KC supes, but I am really thinking of trying to pop the head off and put him on a better body. Anyone have any suggestions on what type to use, or if DC Direct 1/6 figs can really be headswapped?

I am sort of new to the customizing game, and don't want to ruin a perfectly good figure.

Heads are way too big for the True Type/ Dragon 1/6 bodies, and it would be a waste trying to put KC Superman head on another dc direct deluxe bodies, cosidering no neck ball joint on KC superman, and that the neck, collar, and shoulder area on this figure are new sculpts.

Libby - any chance you can also show the chest bare so I can see how much you ground out?

problem is suit is a swine to get on and off ,scared of snagging the fabric ,but noe bear in mind the latts on kc superman are much bigger than the regular figures ,but you should get some idea
DSC05733.jpg
all the bits marked with black got removed ,then to keep the shape and fill out the suit i padded the latts or where they were with foam rubber
DSC05732.jpg
DSC05729.jpg
DSC05730.jpg
DSC05735.jpg
DSC05737.jpg
i think it was worth it ,i like it a whole lot more now anyway ,just waiting for emblems to match him up to the alex ross batman ,any one know what the dc wonderwoman looks like with kc superman cheers chris sorry about the odd layout of the pictures i really dont have much of a clue :slap

Back