Action Figure DC Collectibles - DC Comics Icons 6 inch Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The thing with articulation is, I don't mind limited articulation on a character that's not very dynamic, like Gordon, but Batmen and Superman and such NEED all the articulation they can get.

I initially HATED the Romita Jr. costume, BUT!.... They're not gloves dude :lol they're just like longer sleeves :lol I'm up for a less paneled and cloth version of the suit.

I know, that Rags Morales Supes is long overdue.

I like Jim Lee's style for sure, but I hate his designs, the only one that makes sense to me is Batman's, that one's awesome, the panels work for him.

Not just a new costume. Apparently he has a new power too, it must be
shape-shifting because he looks like Jackie Chan now :lol

SP0mLnC.jpg

:lol Romita's art takes a bit to be digested if you're used to conventional art for sure, but it's got a lot of qualities to it.

Btw that new power, is awesome, DC's taking a turn in the right direction lately, they're even dropping the new 52 tag (not rebooting).

The inclusion of "chains" with the Icon Superman has me wondering if the alternate expression isn't a "Kryptonite Nevermore"-esque screaming sculpt.

As far as the designer series goes, though. Francis Manapul would be the one that I'd bite for. I love that guy's artwork.

I'm hoping the second sculpt is a smile...he's already serious. When I think of Sups, I always picture him with a smile. I'm not familiar with Francis Manapul' work. Does he draw Batman or Superman? And which one are you talking about...that you would get based on his art work?

:lol Romita's art takes a bit to be digested if you're used to conventional art for sure, but it's got a lot of qualities to it.

Btw that new power, is awesome, DC's taking a turn in the right direction lately, they're even dropping the new 52 tag (not rebooting).

Yeah, I saw that. So now it's just current 52? Or just 52 and everything before that is pre 52? Makes sense, how long could they go on calling it "new"? It's been a few years now :lol

:lol people will probably continue to call it new 52 but yeah, the tag is gone :lol

And they seem to be doing a lot of changes for the better, for instance, we're getting a Martian Manhunter series FINALLY! I can't say I want a Shazam series because new Billy Batson is a big ******.

Byrne's classic fo sho.

I don't think I can pick a "favorite" style, but the ones that come close to that for me are Frank Quitely, Alex Ross and Bruce Timm.

decade-all-star-superman.jpg

_Superman%2014.jpg

uploads_e3bd6c77-4d1b-4e1e-a346-887818076b4a-Supermantasfront.jpg

Last edited:
:clap Yeah, you can't go wrong with any of them.

Another one of my favorites if Gary Frank. He did something that no one ever thought of doing, he just draws Christopher Reeve.

aiQvfKj.png

yuuR8HH.jpg
S823UhS.jpg

I would put Gary Frank higher on my list but I just don't like painted on costumes :lol and he does that often, other than that I can't hate on 2D Reeve :lol

And we were forgetting :rock

superman-rags-morales.jpg

Yup :rock What do you mean by painted on? Is that the costume doesn't look like real cloth and they look painted on?

Yes, that's what I mean, when you can see the six pack and every fiber of muscle through the suit, I've never liked that except in early eras.

I like wrinkles and folds and the fact that the characters aren't nekkid :lol

You see how the t-shirt looks on Superman in the pic above? That's perfect for me.

Back