Action Figure DC Collectibles - DC Comics Icons 6 inch Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They do look fantastic :lol It looks like the second Sups sculpt is an angry face. I'm not sure how I feel about the sups sculpt yet. Black Adams looks pretty good though.

6QmB50s.jpg
xanJnQ4.jpg
wWZ2dzF.jpg
NtqNrc8.jpg
WsAWxg6.jpg
kM6K0mc.jpg

There's bunch of other characters...here's the link

Toy News International - Daily Action Figures Toy News, Reviews and Discussions

I like Batman and Superman for sure, and will have to get GL and Aquaman, but Aquaman looks like that dude from inglorious basterds whom Stiglitz shoots in the balls :lol

Yeah, it's just not aesthetically appealing in the least. The awkward looking combover and the sunken in eyes just do not work.

I just realized that this line is in the 6'' inch scale. You would think the tittle of the thread would have been enough. :lol Interesting, because most of DCC figures are 7' inches or more.

The way they've hidden the joints within the sculpt of the muscles is really well done. Other than the elbows and hips, the joints look completely hidden. I'm really impressed with how these toy companies have implemented the articulation points.

Superman looks the great. That might be the best 6" Superman to date.

Batman has a great sculpt, but I wish they either gave him the yellow oval bat symbol (to match the blue cape, cowl, gloves and boots Neal Adams style) and capsule belt or just make the cape, cowl, gloves and boots black. It's like Sideshow's 12" Batman, great Batman figure but a weird mash up of versions. Pick a version or make both, don't fuse them together.

After a 7" Keaton Batman, a 6" Dark Knight Returns Batman, a 6" BTAS Batman, a Adams/Apparo classic oval and blue has to be coming soon from some company.

DiFabio, disagree w/you on the Batman. I don't think it's a 'mash-up.' The interviews I've seen w/DCC staff have ID'd it as a 'Hush'-era Batman, and that's pretty much exactly the coloring/belt combo he had at the time. Big picture, though, would obviously love to see a black/no oval, and a classic '70's era bats down the line.

They said it was a Hush era Batman? The one that was drawn by Jim Lee?

If that's what they "intended" then they obviously blew it :lol

It's pretty clear to me that it's a generic portrayal of the characters.

Yeah, it's looks like a 2000's pre 52 batman. Reminds me of this. It's using the Jim Lee colors, but not the design.

To2yEAD.jpg
0iy7wCP.jpg

A Neal Adams blue with yellow emblem is a must...and DCC should be the one to make it, not Mezco. I'm still not convinced by the 1/12 cloth figures.

Oh, I didn't know it was supposed to be Hush/Jim Lee Batman. I thought that was one of their first ones.

I thought these were just supposed to be traditional icons versions.

Right, it is generic, not Jim-Lee specific. I think what they meant by 'Hush'-era was the coloring belt/combo. My take is that they specifically picked Ivan Reis to do the designs, b/c his style is generic (in a good way) a la George Perez, or Garcia-Lopez.

I can't help but wonder if DCC aren't taking over movie figures. Between these, the TAS stuff, and all of the TV stuff, they might as well just put Mattel out of their misery. After seeing the pics of DCC's booth, my curiosity got the better of me, and I looked at pics of Mattel's DC stuff. It's sad to look at; like they've got one foot in the grave and one on the banana peel.:lol

I can't help but wonder if DCC aren't taking over movie figures. Between these, the TAS stuff, and all of the TV stuff, they might as well just put Mattel out of their misery. After seeing the pics of DCC's booth, my curiosity got the better of me, and I looked at pics of Mattel's DC stuff. It's sad to look at; like they've got one foot in the grave and one on the banana peel.:lol

7NF108m.gif
:lol

I must admit when I first laid eyes on batman I was like "is that hush batman?!" But even now as I know it's not it's still a great figure and I'm still Pumped for it!

Back