DC Animated The Dark Knight Returns

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i cringe every time...
tumblr_mgub2iaAmd1qcsesho1_500.gif

superman was such a tool.

Amazing scene .

All in all it was good but I couldn't get away with Peter wellers voice in it, they should have gone with Kevin Conroy

Please be quiet. You might not have liked the film, okay; I get that, but the fact of the matter is that you articulate it about as well as a pile of bricks. "Nolan is a hack," "the story is so much better than anything Nolan has done;" you're just trolling for a response aren't you? And for God's sake, just because something turns out differently than what YOU wanted it to be, that doesn't make it awful. A hack? Really?

eternal-facepalm-eternal-facepalm-facepalm-captain-pickard-demotivational-poster-1242264259.jpg

nope, not trolling for a response because I don't want to talk about Rises and I WONT. But Dark Knight Returns was everything that movie was not. and what I thought it was going to be like.
You can't just quote me and say all this crap when I Was quoting someone else

the funny thing is that I never read this comic and yet because of the speculation in here months before the movie and the anticipation something like this was what I thought was going to be like.
I'm just saying this cartoon was more enjoyable, I loved it, I will buy it soon too.

The reason I mention Rises is because someone asked if this was better, my post was a response to them, and I thought it was interesting how both Rises and Returns are very similar yet returns is the better one.

Like I said, I was responding, I really do not want Rises to be discussed here, there is a 1000 pages thread for that :lol

I wasn't just ranting I was responding to a post, the movies are similar but one is better than the other, and others here agree. the only one that wants an argument here is you.

Last edited:
nope, not trolling for a response because I don't want to talk about Rises and I WONT. But Dark Knight Returns was everything that movie was not. and what I thought it was going to be like.
You can't just quote me and say all this crap when I Was quoting someone else

the funny thing is that I never read this comic and yet because of the speculation in here months before the movie and the anticipation something like this was what I thought was going to be like.
I'm just saying this cartoon was more enjoyable, I loved it, I will buy it soon too.

The reason I mention Rises is because someone asked if this was better, my post was a response to them, and I thought it was interesting how both Rises and Returns are very similar yet returns is the better one.

Like I said, I was responding, I really do not want Rises to be discussed here, there is a 1000 pages thread for that :lol

I wasn't just ranting I was responding to a post, the movies are similar but one is better than the other, and others here agree. the only one that wants an argument here is you.

Not particularly, I just think you could've been a bit more constructive with it. I apologize if I misconstrued your post, but the "Nolan is a hack" stuff, especially seemed trollish. Personally, I loved this film, and I actually agree with you. This thread should be about Returns. I just feel that it's asinine to bring Rises into it, because it's like comparing apples and oranges. Back on topic: I really am hoping for an ultimate edition with both parts cut together.:lecture

I watched Part I and II yesterday, and i really enjoyed seeing this story come to life through some pretty great animation(better then most Marvel animated movies).

Weller's voice didn't bother me and i am glad Conroy was not used because you can't have him doing everything thats not a movie Batman ZZZZzzzz..Weller played a great elder Bruce/Batman and this story really always proved why Batman will and always shall be more cool and interesting then Superman the jock government puppet. :p

The only criticism I have, is Weller had NO EMOTION in his voice during 'the speech' in Part II. None at all.

Other than that... I enjoyed it. The 'big fight' as VERY well done. Loved that whole scene.

All in all it was good but I couldn't get away with Peter wellers voice in it, they should have gone with Kevin Conroy

Do you guys seriously want Conroy in everything? Weller is perfectly fit the Frank Miller style Batman. He was brilliant in the role. I love Kevin but Weller was better for this adaptation. He has a great and strong voice. You can feel the age etc. in it. This is the best Batman movie out there by far.

I watched Part I and II yesterday, and i really enjoyed seeing this story come to life through some pretty great animation(better then most Marvel animated movies).

Weller's voice didn't bother me and i am glad Conroy was not used because you can't have him doing everything thats not a movie Batman ZZZZzzzz..Weller played a great elder Bruce/Batman and this story really always proved why Batman will and always shall be more cool and interesting then Superman the jock government puppet. :p

Better then most marvel animated? IMO dkr is better then anything marvel put out.

Not particularly, I just think you could've been a bit more constructive with it. I apologize if I misconstrued your post, but the "Nolan is a hack" stuff, especially seemed trollish. Personally, I loved this film, and I actually agree with you. This thread should be about Returns. I just feel that it's asinine to bring Rises into it, because it's like comparing apples and oranges. Back on topic: I really am hoping for an ultimate edition with both parts cut together.:lecture

I understand, I know everyone loves the movie so I am the minority.

is just that, when I saw Returns, That really was what I thought Rises was going to be. Is really weird because I had zero idea what Dark Knight Returns was about yet when I saw it my mind went :horror I kept thinking, this makes sense. This is what Bruce would do if he came back, this just made so much sense.
I was watching Dark Knight Returns and, it was just so beautiful, so awesome, Batman is old yet he still kicks so much ***. I don't even hate Rises but i was just disappointed. But this Returns cartoon was everything I wanted in a batman film.
I really wish I read the comic before, I just never got the chance. I was blown away by it.

It's not even about Rises, it was just the idea that he was deemed a "hack" based solely on that film, when he delivered two other Batman films that weren't as divided, as well as a filmography of solid films. Inception, Memento, The Prestige, and Insomnia, just to name a few, but I digress and apologize for straying from the topic at hand, yet again.:lol

I really would like to see them do more of these "thorough" adaptations. After I read the New Frontier, I feel that that's one that would've benefitted from this kind of treatment. The book had a lot of nuances and references that, sadly, weren't featured in the film due to the 70 minute running time. Just to name a few, the Losers subplot, the Challengers of the Unknown subplot, Rick Flagg's Task Force X subplot (his death had more of an emotional impact the way it was handled in the book), and, arguably one of the most powerful, the John Henry subplot.

DC has much better animated movies than Marvel's by far.

Couldn't agree more & it's a shame as Marvel have some great stories that would make fantastic animated movies.

I wish they'd get onto doing some more.

Anyway I'm anxiously waiting for my one to turn up & reading all the glowing comments here it's going to be an amazing watch when it does arrive.

Neil

Do you know why I am happy? Because the people here and so far overall on the internet like the Dark Knight Returns more than Nolan's Batman. And that shows the much darker Dark Knight and story is still works today. I am not talking about comics right now, but movies (Dark Knight Returns adaptation.). Be it a direct adaptation or a newly made story. That gives me some hope for the future Batman movies. I hope they will go for that rute and I hope they are brave enough to do a completely different type of Batman movie than Nolan. Go for a comicbook Batman for the first time. We never saw this on live action and this is funny actually.

I would really like to see V for vendetta made as something, I know I said it before but it is the one thing I would love to see more than anything.

Lord!!! One of the Best Adaptations Ever!!!

"In all the years to come, in your most private moments...

...I want you to remember the one man who beat you."

Now, how many guys can say that to Supes! :rock Had goose bumps throughout! Wow, just Wow! :rock

Time to get this...

STK466606.jpg

and this...

TDKReturns_Battle2.jpg

pre-order this...

TDKR_CallToArms_1.jpg

...and no matter how stupid this one is, but I have to get him too...

SM_Statue_Miller_2-1.jpg

Back