Batman: The Long Halloween DC Animated Movie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad to see more of these classic graphic novels getting the animated treatment. Even though I don’t particularly care for the graphic novel, it would be pretty trippy if they could do an Arkham Asylum movie in the artwork style of the book.

Dc is great with this. I wish marvel would do something like this. Adapt graphic novels and such

I hope the animation represents Tim Sale's art on this. I am not a fan of the contemporary art they have been using on the later releases. I agree that Arkham Asylum would be great to see. I love the art on the Hardcover and the story was different. I would love to see the first Judge Dredd Batman crossover with Bisley art style. I wish Marvel would do something similar as they have lots of classics that would be awesome in this format. Kraven's Last Hunt, Punisher Circle of Blood, Secret Wars, Iron Man Armor Wars to name a few.

Dunno, most of the animated stuff has missed the mark to me...

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

The Long Halloween Part One was pretty good.

In style it's a darker version of the old Animated Series. Film noir, long shadows, 1940s vehicles, snow, rain, very moody.

At the end life imitates art:

In memory of Naya Rivera 1987-2020.

She was the voice of Selina Kyle.

I looked her up on IMDB, and then I remembered the news story. The actress who drowned in the lake while her young son was still on the boat, waiting for her to come back...

:monkey2

Wow! That was her who voiced catwoman? That’s crazy. That whole story is sketchy. I think she was killed

Really enjoyed part one. I’m hoping against hope that new HBO max series has a similar art style. It really recaptures the animated series noir style beautifully. Can’t wait for part two in just a couple of weeks.

Huge fan of the story.. Sort of afraid to watch the animated version.

I thought TDKR was fantastic but hated The Killing Joke and could only get about a quarter of the way through Hush and had to turn it off.

I think I will wait until part 2 comes out and see how people feel about that one.

Back