Dark Toys 1/6 Rick Deckard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice, clean work, matrix! I especially love the detail you brought out in the shoes.

You said you re-worked the body? What did you do to the body?
Thank you! I more or less frankenteined the stock body with a few different pieces i had laying about. I swapped out the chest piece for one that had a deeper neck peg. And swapped out the bottom leg pieces for slightly longer ones.

I got Gustavo’s holster the other week. Cool little upgrade.

E36A6507-B4A3-40E2-9968-719BC9D72326.jpeg

27BFCFCB-63F4-4035-BBB1-7C13979DAB54.jpeg

Thank you! I more or less frankenteined the stock body with a few different pieces i had laying about. I swapped out the chest piece for one that had a deeper neck peg. And swapped out the bottom leg pieces for slightly longer ones.
What kind of wire did you use on the Tie and Coat belt and where would I be able to purchase it?

Last edited:
Wow...care to explain how do you do the shoes? the sole looks legit now.

Looks great, where I have a problem though is where custom accessories start to cost more than the total cost of the figure they're going on.
The Holster wasn't to expensive , It was $45 plus shipping. I agree though it can get expensive , I also got a new belt and socks which totaled about $ 20 and have a new body on the way which was around $26. I spent around $500 over the last 7 years to upgrade my SS Indy in repainting the head, replacing the body, the Mfisher set and getting HT shoes and I still need to replace the trouser belt and am contemplating getting the Present Toys jacket.

Looks great, where I have a problem though is where custom accessories start to cost more than the total cost of the figure they're going on.

No doubt! I buy custom bits very sparingly because of that. I suppose if there was one particular character that was my all time favorite I’d go crazy with customizing it like some do with Indy but it can definitely get into the several hundred dollar range really quickly that way.

Do you guys who added wires to the various items of clothing have any advice / tutorials to share? Especially something as narrow as the tie.
I'm curious about this as well. After looking him over, that tie is very narrow. I'm thinking you have to cut a small opening somewhere around the middle and add it in, but is there a trick to that?

I'm curious about this as well. After looking him over, that tie is very narrow. I'm thinking you have to cut a small opening somewhere around the middle and add it in, but is there a trick to that?
There are small openings at the ends of the tie, just enough to run a wire through. Use a tooth pick to gently prize them open before adding the wire.

Back