Dark Toys 1/6 Rick Deckard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made a new holster from an old leather wallet. Far from perfect but i think it looks better than the stock version.

DSC_0061.JPGDSC_0062.JPGDSC_0078 (2).JPGDSC_00761.JPG

I also re-worked the shirt collar again as it looked a little too bulky. It's a pity they didn't just print the design onto the fabric, as it would have looked nicer. Anyways it is what it is.
I'd still like to try and re-work the coat collar, but i'm happy enough with how he looks on the shelf now:)

DSC_0045.JPG
DSC_0046.JPG

I also re-worked the shirt collar again as it looked a little too bulky. It's a pity they didn't just print the design onto the fabric, as it would have looked nicer. Anyways it is what it is.
I'd still like to try and re-work the coat collar, but i'm happy enough with how he looks on the shelf now:)

View attachment 571445View attachment 571446

Nice work. :)

View attachment 571445View attachment 571446
Such a nice figure, especially considering the price too.

I used a spare Hot Toys Wick body. The worldbox AT020 looks good too, which I may switch to.
I'd be careful using worlbox since there foot pegs would probably be too big for the stock shoes, unless you plan on replacing them.

A while back I made a mistake involving a worldbox body and black dress shoes, which holes were too small for the pegs to fit in. Ended up using a heat gun to loosen the shoes but didn't properly press them straight in, so it made the holes in the shoes larger which then made them useless. let's just say I learned from my mistake, just wanted to warn you if you weren't aware

I'd be careful using worlbox since there foot pegs would probably be too big for the stock shoes, unless you plan on replacing them.

A while back I made a mistake involving a worldbox body and black dress shoes, which holes were too small for the pegs to fit in. Ended up using a heat gun to loosen the shoes but didn't properly press them straight in, so it made the holes in the shoes larger which then made them useless. let's just say I learned from my mistake, just wanted to warn you if you weren't aware
I am using a BD001: COOMODEL 1/6 scale new 2.0 standard male Body is that a good replacement?

I’ve used worldbox bodies with Hot Toys boots before without issues. Were those dress shoes made by Hot Toys? I’ve used some 3rd party dress shoes that were too tight, even for HT.

I’m currently using the Wick body, which is pretty much the TTM21 with some padding on the shoulders. Ankle pegs pop in nicely and he stands firm. I would imagine any body with HT style pegs would work.

I’ve used worldbox bodies with Hot Toys boots before without issues. Were those dress shoes made by Hot Toys? I’ve used some 3rd party dress shoes that were too tight, even for HT.

I’m currently using the Wick body, which is pretty much the TTM21 with some padding on the shoulders. Ankle pegs pop in nicely and he stands firm. I would imagine any body with HT style pegs would work.
No the shoes were bought from ebay as part of a black suit set so they were 3rd party.Thats interesting, I didn't know the Hot toys bodies would work on those types of shoes.

Deckards shoes remind me of those 3rd party ones that I bought a while back, plus the stock body that deckard uses is the same one that I've seen that works best with those dress shoes I mentioned before.

But since you mentioned it I'll probably look into a Hot toys/coomodel body in the near future since lordscum mentioned coomodel

Nice! I’ve got one on the way too. Is the blaster nice and snug in there? Looks great.
It’s not tight but it’s definitely snug enough to hold it in there just fine. I think part his construction includes a bit of thin metal that flexes the holster around the gun.

It'd like to know what type of wire is used , and where to get it such as a hardware store or are there types of wires specifically used in clothing?
you can get them in craft stores they come in different diameter usually in a roll. i have also seen flat ones. pick one that isnt too small because they might be too sharp to poke tru the fabric. or maybe you want them small enough to poke tru the tie so you dont need to open a big hole.

I'm curious about this as well. After looking him over, that tie is very narrow. I'm thinking you have to cut a small opening somewhere around the middle and add it in, but is there a trick to that?
usually there is a gap near the bottom of the tie on the underside (the big end).

Does anyone know where I can purchase just the retail “artwork box with the foam inserts”? The one that this awesome Deckard came in?

I think the figure’s box design is top notch!! I also find the boxes to be super helpful with protecting figures when moving belongings.

Back