Daredevil the Netflix series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys need to go read Miller's run of Daredevil. It will help you understand how intense The Hand really is. It's the basis, of my favorite, TMNT. I loved having that story arc.

You guys need to go read Miller's run of Daredevil. It will help you understand how intense The Hand really is. It's the basis, of my favorite, TMNT. I loved having that story arc.

I had recently read through all of millers run, and agree that the hand is bad ass. I actually thought the end of the season had more focus and was more intense than the beginning. Punisher was cool but the issue of killing not killing blah blah is so over done these days. The punisher's story kind of faded into obscurity and the reveal of his bad guy who had done him wrong was sort of lame. While Elektra also had her element of kill/don't kill, she just came across more interesting to me. ELektra and Daredevil had a Batman returns catwoman and batman thing going on. I loved that daredevil admitted his love for her, and that he was basically just as crazy as she was. (and while admitting his love for her he totally dumps Karen to the curb in a matter of seconds. I found that hilarious and bad ass). It was a shame they shoved a whole volume of milers daredevil into the last episode. ( in regards to Elektra dying then being resurrected)

I finished up season 2 the first weekend it was released. I've thought more on it since then. I really only have one gripe about season 2...I don't know when Bullseye will be introduced but they have taken the biggest reason for Matt hating him off the board. He may be crazy and vile but it will feel like something is missing with Bullseye because of what happened in season 2.

I finished up season 2 the first weekend it was released. I've thought more on it since then. I really only have one gripe about season 2...I don't know when Bullseye will be introduced but they have taken the biggest reason for Matt hating him off the board. He may be crazy and vile but it will feel like something is missing with Bullseye because of what happened in season 2.

I didn't understand why they did it that way either. The movie got a major element right that the Netflix series decided to change for some reason.

The more I think about the season, the more I believe none of the cbm's this year will equal it's awesomeness.

Last edited:
He does have further reasons to hate him though in the comics... I don't know how to add spoiler tags on the Tapatalk app!

He does have further reasons to hate him though in the comics... I don't know how to add spoiler tags on the Tapatalk app!
Do the image or URL brackets and then replace IMG or URL with the word SPOILER. It doesn't need to be capitalized.
Spoiler Spoiler:

Oh, I know that. I'm very well versed on DD. I've been reading and collecting DD comics (on and off) since Miller's original run on DD. One of my all time favorite Bullseye/DD stories is when Matt visits Bullseye in the hospital and plays Russian roulette with him. It was one of the best single issues I've ever read.

That all said, what Bullseye does to Elektra goes a loooong way in sowing the seeds of pure hatred Matt feels for Bullseye. It's THE critical event between the characters that lays the foundation of Matt's hatred for Bullseye. It looks like that's going to get glossed over. I'm surprised by that.

Oh, I know that. I'm very well versed on DD. I've been reading and collecting DD comics (on and off) since Miller's original run on DD. One of my all time favorite Bullseye/DD stories is when Matt visits Bullseye in the hospital and plays Russian roulette with him. It was one of the best single issues I've ever read.

That all said, what Bullseye does to Elektra goes a loooong way in sowing the seeds of pure hatred Matt feels for Bullseye. It's THE critical event between the characters that lays the foundation of Matt's hatred for Bullseye. It looks like that's going to get glossed over. I'm surprised by that.

Yeah I agree with this but I think they're gonna give that moment with Bullseye to Karen instead. Assuming they do Guardian Devil and Born Again for Season 3.

Yeah I agree with this but I think they're gonna give that moment with Bullseye to Karen instead. Assuming they do Guardian Devil and Born Again for Season 3.
Yeah, the way they set things up at the end of S2 Kingpin is going to demolish Matt's personal and professional life most likely. That may be just half a season and then the other half we get to see the "man without fear" because he'll having nothing to lose.

I felt we got Foggy in pretty small doses, and he was pretty effective. Particularly when he decided to stop whining and just leave Matt behind. Karen's transition into an investigative reporter also worked for me. But yeah, Elektra was grating somehow. I can't put my finger on it exactly, but I can't help but feel another actress could have made that role a lot more interesting.
I can't stand Elektra in this.

I think that actress did more to make this feel like a network TV quality show than anything else (well, Foggy also seems like he would fit perfectly on an NCIS type show or something). DD himself, Fisk, Stick, Punisher, the editor of the Bugle (?), even Karen I could fitting perfectly well in a theatrical film.

I didn't care for the actress they casted for the part. I didn't really find her too convincing as Elektra and her accent was all over the place. Everything else about season 2 was pretty awesome though!

Yeah, I wasn't a fan of her myself. Season 2 was better than season 1 and that is saying something.

Anyone more knowledgable on the matter than myself able to tell me what gun this is?

5be25144ff12da782d7f3ebfb709099e.jpg

Yeah I was excited about the announcement of the girl who was playing Elektra because I had remembered her to be a highlight of the second GI Joe movie. But on DD I was surprised at how sloppy and unpolished her martial arts moves looked. I assumed that she was a martial artist first, actress second but IMO she was never on par with Murdoch himself and looked more like someone who had just learned her moves shortly before filming her scenes.

Not as bad as Garner obviously but definitely not another Michelle Yeoh.

Back