D.R.37's Cargo Hold: 1/6 Star Wars Mods & Customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These are just SUPERB mate. Love the Officers look and the Medic and Corporal. Make a for a diorama that will look the business.

Yeah, I love looking at these - just a great design and your mods/add-ons are incredible.:clap

Thanks bro... I really need to get back on Amanaman :slap
Hopefully soon.

Yeah, I would say that out of my collection of 100 figs or so this guy gets the most wow response. Cagoda just hit it out of the park and would love to see what you do with it.

50376432808_ba0ed17981_o.png

Yeah, I love looking at these - just a great design and your mods/add-ons are incredible.:clap

Yeah, I would say that out of my collection of 100 figs or so this guy gets the most wow response. Cagoda just hit it out of the park and would love to see what you do with it.

50376432808_ba0ed17981_o.png

Thanks Tali. Love what you did with yours and to add to what Steven mentioned ...AMAZING. I agree Cagoda killed it and I imagine when this guy is done it?ll stand out a lot with the creature?s lanky design and bright colors.
I don?t really need any articulation but experimenting on some slight movement on the arms (shoulder socket area) just so there is some play, also will need to carefully resculpt some of the upper arms to retain those beautiful details Cagoda created if my idea pans out. I plan to also follow suit in making the hands and fingers stationary so more of a slightly poseable statue.

Thanks Tali. Love what you did with yours and to add to what Steven mentioned ...AMAZING. I agree Cagoda killed it and I imagine when this guy is done it?ll stand out a lot with the creature?s lanky design and bright colors.
I don?t really need any articulation but experimenting on some slight movement on the arms (shoulder socket area) just so there is some play, also will need to carefully resculpt some of the upper arms to retain those beautiful details Cagoda created if my idea pans out. I plan to also follow suit in making the hands and fingers stationary so more of a slightly poseable statue.

Yeah mine has a swivel on his left arm (at elbow) and a ball joint on his right arm (embedded in shoulder.) The right wrist swivels and the left wrist has two separate magnets so he can achieve the Kenner pose and the onscreen pose (so the hand is more straight outward, or curled in pretty tightly.)

I realized he really only has those two poses, so that's all I wanted, but they are quite different poses - the "arms wide" Kenner pose in the pic (that includes the skeleton,) and then the onscreen one where his right arm is pretty tightly across his chest and the staff is on the other side of his body.

While Cagoda just nailed it (the skin sculpt is SO realistic once paint lands on it) I did redo a few details - I added the little "pointy part" that protrudes above the forehead and obviously had to resculpt or add to a few areas for the articulation points.

The fingers are very complex in the way they wrap around the staff/skeleton, and the staff itself was very challenging, partly because it's very top heavy (I actually made a clear circular stand to hold it up but in the end the hand was able to support it fine.)

But it was REALLY fun to build. Such a great kit that Cagoda created. As soon as I took it out of the box I got super excited.:lol Really looking forward to seeing what you do!!

I?m looking forward to what I can do to Tali :lol Been putting this guy off for too long! The skulls and staff will be last unless I can source a 1/6 skeleton for cheap for the ultimate display as you have done.
I?ve never worked on articulating anything so as you did I?m gonna use magnets. Already drilled the shoulder sockets down a bit but waiting on some ball magnets for the tops of the arms. Need to see how strong the polarity is so I don?t stack too many/not enough into the body. Hopefully get to play around with it this weekend.

Ive been wanting to make some adjustments to The Mandalorian since unboxing and was reminded by Raymond F?s fat suit removal in the 1/6 Mando thread to get on it.

So... slight mod to Din Djarin?s padded suit (20% removed) to slim up his broad shoulders a bit.

25834626-70CF-4E6F-8DEA-B87C9660C79B.jpg

5546FAE5-A6DB-4FBB-BB2A-4422C00506A5.jpg

E0C88A70-F184-42D4-96A4-728DB63A84F1.jpg

105B2558-9B91-4BBD-92E8-22DED03132F0.jpg

Looks much better - those lineman shoulders were making his head look tiny.:clap

Back