Custom Hot Toys Iron Man MKII Armor - Reverse Engineering COMPLETE!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys!

I agree! :yess:

Im impressed that your paint job turns out so clean and dust free. I did some chroming for my endoskeletons before, it can be tricky sometimes to keep them dust-free. Did you build a custom paint booth or something to keep the model dust/particle free when you are painting/drying it?

Cheers

Thanks - No, I just airbrushed it in my garage.

WIP Pics have been removed for final shots but can still be seen HERE!

--------------------------------------​

This figure is SOLD... BUT!

If you are interested in having a Rhodey head for your HT MKII Then get your name on the LIST!

--------------------------------------​

Hello All,

From Day one I had a problem with the Hot Toys MKII. The movie suit was tack welded (small indentions) and not raised rivets.

So to achieve this I started with the MKIII Battle Damaged version and now I present CREG Customs MKII Armor. :yess:

Thanks for coming along for the ride!

IMG_3950.jpg

IMG_3944.jpg

IMG_3947.jpg

IMG_3892.jpg

IMG_3896.jpg

IMG_3899.jpg

IMG_3901.jpg

IMG_3902.jpg

IMG_3904.jpg

wow man...that is simply amazing work...great job...would love to have one of those...looks just like the movie

It might be nitpicking, and I have NO problem with your beautiful work, but would it be/have been possible to give the finish a brushed appearance? I'm not saying it NEEDS it, because the finish is marvelous, just wondering if it's something that is possible at this scale.

Bravo, CREG.

Thanks guys!

It might be nitpicking, and I have NO problem with your beautiful work, but would it be/have been possible to give the finish a brushed appearance? I'm not saying it NEEDS it, because the finish is marvelous, just wondering if it's something that is possible at this scale.

Bravo, CREG.

Maybe with a fine grit sand paper before chroming but that was a risk I was not willing to try.

Wow that is some great work Creg! Takes some balls to hack up some of those pieces but Bravo good job.

Dude, those pics of Azurepred are really breathtaking.
You made a piece of art, really.
Esspecially all those little "rivets", with perfectly alligned radiuses.
Genius work, man...honestly.
Way to go...

Amazing work, mate. Cheers!

Can I ask where you got this wicked display case?

its a DiD display case, very hard to find em. Sometimes Alter Ego gets them every once in awhile. Very cool, it even has a rotating disc, but when i tried it, the figure took a face dive into the plexi, now he has a tiny chrome scar :slap. Cant see it in the pics though

Dude, those pics of Azurepred are really breathtaking.
You made a piece of art, really.
Esspecially all those little "rivets", with perfectly alligned radiuses.
Genius work, man...honestly.
Way to go...

thx man, my pics are ok. Its really a beautiful piece, very hard to take bad pics of it. I just try not to touch him at all now cause it will leave finger prints.

Wow....that is gorgeous!

:lecture

u are lucky to have that Mark II azure...pure awesomeness....

thx man, my CC doesnt feel so lucky, but had to have my fav Mark, cant be done much better.

God I love that thing.

i concur :1-1:.

Back