Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Current discount codes at SSC and other random rumblings SP00KY15 $20 code

The huge discounting last year was a first for them. Spook used to be just a week for horrorish related reveals/preorders etc.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

Because people ruin everything. Waaaaaay too much negativity around Spook this year. Every group I was in that had to do with Spooktacular was full of people complaining, and people complaining about people complaining. It's as if Sideshow can't do enough. Pretty much everyone I know walked away with a minimum of $40 in RP but yet everyone is pissed off.

I haven't been doing Spook for that long, I know that the sales were clearly bigger and better last year, but is that the norm? Or is this year the norm, and everyone just remembers that last year was better and compares it to that? I don't know.

If the FB group is back next year I would be completely shocked. At the beginning of the week Susan was in there a lot. By the middle of Tuesday she was practically gone for the rest of the week.

When we make it not fun for them, they don't want to do it any more. Look at what everyone is saying this year, it's basically two things 1. "I got a bunch of free RP" and 2. "I didn't spend any money".

This is all just totally my opinion however. Personally I was thrilled to get another $60 in free money. But the event itself wasn't very fun because of all of the complaining.

If another company offers more discounts, can you really blame customers for jumping ship? Even if "free" RP were given by SSC?

It's not about loyalty to a store, it's about what makes more sense financially. Even when you factor the $60 in free RP, it was still cheaper for a lot of people to buy from Popcultcha. Can you blame the. For not buying at SSC? I sure can't. Doesn't affect me in any way.

As far as the whole complaining on social media, I get it. It's pathetic. But if there are people to blame is SSC as well. They encourage this by making people do all sorts of stupid stuff in order to win toys. Of course some idiots are going to ***** about it, it's the nature of free giveaways and SSC knows that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The huge discounting last year was a first for them. Spook used to be just a week for horrorish related reveals/preorders etc.

See and that's the problem. Everyone is now comparing this year to last year, as if that was the norm and this was the first year that there were no huge discounts.

See and that's the problem. Everyone is now comparing this year to last year, as if that was the norm and this was the first year that there were no huge discounts.
Exactly. Too much entitlement from fans. If you truly need a piece for your collection you're not waiting for a discount anyways.

If another company offers more discounts, can you really blame customers for jumping ship? Even if "free" RP were given by SSC?

It's not about loyalty to a store, it's about what makes more sense financially. Even when you factor the $60 in free RP, it was still cheaper for a lot of people to buy from Popcultcha. Can you blame the. For not buying at SSC? I sure can't. Doesn't affect me in any way.

As far as the whole complaining on social media, I get it. It's pathetic. But if there are people to blame is SSC as well. They encourage this by making people do all sorts of stupid stuff in order to win toys. Of course some idiots are going to ***** about it, it's the nature of free giveaways and SSC knows that.

This has nothing to do with Popcultcha. Of course people are going to go to the cheapest place, I've bought a good portion of my collection from people on this forum and other sites that have had big sales.

And what you call stupid, others would call fun. They're just trying to engage people and help spread Sideshow on social media. That's why they call it "social".

I remember nice discounts over the past years. Also a ton of freebies that you could get by searching the sideshow site. Last year had great deals for sure, but over the years deals were always present. A few years ago or so, there were so many chances to win something that people (me included) were skipping prizes because we had to pay shipping . Spook is always fun to me, but i really enjoyed it when we could do the hunts on their website for specials.

The complaining doesn't get to me but the handful of beggars that hounded Susan was ughhhhh. I stopped looking at the group by Wednesday personally. I followed this thread...not too much better either lol.

Current discount codes at SSC and other random rumblings SP00KY15 $20 code

But for some, entitlement is a norm. It just is. As sad as it is, some get pissed when they don't win, and all I'm saying is that such entitlement must have been expected by SSC staff in some way. It's just how (sadly) some humans are.

And yes, it was stupid to me but I understand that to some it isn't and that's fine. And if SSC feels like they shouldn't do any of this ever again, then more power to them.

The free RP sure give them some business, so I'm not sure how getting rid of those would affect a week in which they supposedly have "good deals" though.

I remember the deals last Spook, and the 30/40% off coupon codes over the past year.

I'm grateful for my reward points, but overall it was a boring and overhyped event this year, spread out over every social media app known to man.

People were wanting deals, eager to spend money.

I used the sp00ky15 code on the EX Sabertooth PF yesterday. Now I need a new code to use on either Wolverine or Spiderman PF.

That should help out next year then, lowered expectations :lol

That's my confusion with this release. I can't figure out if there's supposed to be a (slightly) wider release after the 10th or what? I got the first green camo version (MP-10A) through a Japanese proxy buyer that snagged it for me the day of release for a good price, but this one is driving me nuts.

Also, the green version popped up on random English-friendly Japanese sites that were reselling them, but they're not the usual sites like HLJ.com, Nippon-Yasan or Anime-Export. I'm hoping someone might recall any of those sites for me to keep an eye on as well.

Give it a couple of days for more people to get him and list him on TaoBao. Seem like he is already going for more than the Green Bape version last year.

https://world.taobao.com/search/sea...llback=__jsonp_cb&abtest=_AB-LR854-PV854_2100

Other than that, a good proxy buyer in Japan is the only other way at the moment. I dont think HLJ will get him.

Give it a couple of days for more people to get him and list him on TaoBao. Seem like he is already going for more than the Green Bape version last year.

https://world.taobao.com/search/sea...llback=__jsonp_cb&abtest=_AB-LR854-PV854_2100

Other than that, a good proxy buyer in Japan is the only other way at the moment. I dont think HLJ will get him.

Do you have any good proxy buyer recommendations? I used Yokatta Shopping Services in the past, but I can't tell if they're in the game any more. If they are their communication isn't that good.

I got my Pepsi Perfect this morning as well. I never even heard about it before the first sale ended, but I saw an article about it after it sold out the first time had mentioned Reddit users found the link early. I had Reddit loaded ahead of time and started checking it after shop.pepsi.com crashed. Someone posted the link there and I got my order in. Didn't think to check Pepsi's Twitter. Pepsi shouldn't have put the link on Twitter, they should've just waited until their site was working. They ended up violating their promotional text about the sale a second time by posting the link on Twitter when they had said the link would be on their site. Obviously they should've pretended they didn't have their own site and simply told people to check Twitter at 9 AM.

Do you have any good proxy buyer recommendations? I used Yokatta Shopping Services in the past, but I can't tell if they're in the game any more. If they are their communication isn't that good.

I have never used a proxy service. A girl I know at work does but I wouldn't want to get I the middle of that. Too many middle men 😀

I got my Pepsi Perfect this morning as well. I never even heard about it before the first sale ended, but I saw an article about it after it sold out the first time had mentioned Reddit users found the link early. I had Reddit loaded ahead of time and started checking it after shop.pepsi.com crashed. Someone posted the link there and I got my order in. Didn't think to check Pepsi's Twitter. Pepsi shouldn't have put the link on Twitter, they should've just waited until their site was working. They ended up violating their promotional text about the sale a second time by posting the link on Twitter when they had said the link would be on their site. Obviously they should've pretended they didn't have their own site and simply told people to check Twitter at 9 AM.

I was on Twitter the whole time. Pepsi didn't tweet until 4 min into it saying thier site has crashed go buy it on amazon they provided link to Amazon. Well it was sold out by then . So all I have is the USA Today paper . Oh well

I was on Twitter the whole time. Pepsi didn't tweet until 4 min into it saying thier site has crashed go buy it on amazon they provided link to Amazon. Well it was sold out by then . So all I have is the USA Today paper . Oh well

Oh me too! That stunk!!! I couldn't believe they redirected everyone to the same Amazon account when they said it would be sold through their store. Pepsi just keeps inviting the PR nightmares. Hoping they'll give it another go. #ThirdTimesTheCharm

Fair point but I thought that was her job, what SS pay her to do?

If the FB group is back next year I would be completely shocked. At the beginning of the week Susan was in there a lot. By the middle of Tuesday she was practically gone for the rest of the week.

When we make it not fun for them, they don't want to do it any more.

Fair point but I thought that was her job, what SS pay her to do?

Again purely my speculation...but I'm sure she gives the company feedback on the group and if her life is a living hell that week then that feedback isn't going to help there be another group next year.

The group last year was soooo much more fun and there were several giveaways within the group. After this year I don't know that many people will miss it if it's gone next year. The group was another place to keep tabs on RP codes when they were posted, but once the giveaways stopped there really was no benefit to being in it.

So, uh, guys... is the November code out yet?:lol

Back