Conan directed by Rob Zombie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think you can really do anything to improve the original Conan the Barbarian... that film is excellent. It would be cool if they did something that was more comic-based but if its just a straight remake I have no interest.

And Zombie sounds like a dumb attention getting move... never a good sign.

While I love Conan the Barbarian, it can be improved on. A story that has Conan's origins has Robert E Howard describes them. Conan would have never been a slave, Conan learned his skills through life, not being taught, and he would not have cried like a baby at the foot of Thulsa Doom.

But Arnold is Conan in the physical form. Whoever is chosen has huge shoes to fill. While I like the Rock, Conan he is not.

I think we mostly agree on that EF... as a movie I think Conan is great, but compared to the rest of the mythos its not the same. The only way I think this could be worth a crap (and it probably won't be) is to go in a new direction and I don't know if a studio will have the creativity or balls to do that.

But the more pressing question is who will play Conan

im thinking it should be a relatively unknown actor with the physical bulk of awnuld to do it any justice. i would like to see an actor with a little more acting skills than the beloved CA gov (he got a lil better years down the road) and by todays movie standards with cinematography what it is the movie could be huge. i would love to see someone step up to conan & pull the magic off as peter j did with the LOTR series but that is unlikely as i dont believe conan had the same following. but dare to dream. :D

Forget Bay and Transformers and Sommers and GIJoe, this would be the worst news in filmdom since Schumacher nipplized Batman.

I love Zombie's movies, well at least House of a 1000 Corpses and Devils Rejects. Halloween was ok.

But I think he would be the total wrong choice for this film!!! He is a genre director. She should stick to what he knows, and if he wants to broaden his horizon he should do with another film, NOT Conan.

That said, I think its only a rumor and there is no real chance of him directing a new Conan film.

While I love Conan the Barbarian, it can be improved on. A story that has Conan's origins has Robert E Howard describes them. Conan would have never been a slave, Conan learned his skills through life, not being taught, and he would not have cried like a baby at the foot of Thulsa Doom.

But Arnold is Conan in the physical form. Whoever is chosen has huge shoes to fill. While I like the Rock, Conan he is not.

Evil is dead on. Conan The Barbarian is a good movie but has little to do with Conan except for the names of a few characters. Visually it is Conan but not storywise. If you watch the DVD they say the original vision Oliver Stone had for Conan was like Lord Of The Rings with massive battles involving armies of lizard men and skeleton warriors and the script he wrote reflected this. Unfortunately limitations in budget and special effects at the time would not support what Stone wanted.

The Conan I would like to see on film should have 3 major influences -
Robert E. Howard
Marvel Conan comics from the 70's
Frank Frazetta

Plus Conan would have to be some big, mean, charismatic actor like Gerard Butler. I mean lets be honest, this is Conan, probably the most famous sword and sorcery character ever. This film demands the level of attention of Spider-Man and Batman Begins. This is Conan we're talking about here.
Until then, Red Nails will have to suffice.

Evil is dead on. Conan The Barbarian is a good movie but has little to do with Conan except for the names of a few characters. Visually it is Conan but not storywise.

The Conan I would like to see on film should have 3 major influences -
Robert E. Howard
Marvel Conan comics from the 70's
Frank Frazetta

Plus Conan would have to be some big, mean, charismatic actor like Gerard Butler. I mean lets be honest, this is Conan, probably the most famous sword and sorcery character ever. This film demands the level of attention of Spider-Man and Batman Begins. This is Conan we're talking about here.

This is the statement I was waiting for.
'Nuff Said

Expect it to suck.

We should see lots of muscles, gore, monsters and female nipples.

What we will probably get is Ben Affleck as Conan, crappy camera work, and lots of awful CGI.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

https://www.wizarduniverse.com/021308conandirector.html

NEW 'CONAN' MOVIE NEEDS A DIRECTOR
'Doomsday,' 'Hitman' directors and Rob Zombie in talks
By Adam Tracey
Posted 2/13/2008
IGN has been reporting on the remake of the Arnold Schwarzenegger “Conan” movie, which is being written by Thomas Dean Donnelly and Joshua Oppenheimer (“Sahara”). IGN runs down the several directors who are in talks to direct the movie including Neil Marshall (“Doomsday”), Xavier Gens (“Hitman”) and Rob Zombie (“The Devil’s Rejects”).

BTW, once upon a time: Hollywood could produce directors who could create great films from cash register receipts and notes on napkins.

Why does this have to be rewritten???

Doesn't have to be re-written.
Conan had a ton of adventures.
Thing is, they were grittier than the movies that we already have.
So, why not re-rwite it.
I does not take away from what is already there.

conanteaserjo3.jpg

Last edited:
Back