Signed Comics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
John Byrne.. Damn' Legend is all I can say.Never got to meet him.He'll be 69 in July.

from 1991-2005 I was able to make it to SDCC pretty much every other year before the lottery started.And living in SF I would go to Wondercon which started out in Oakland and then moved to SF every year before it moved to LA.
Artist alley was always my favorite place to haunt.It just seemed normal at the time to get sketches and every once in awhile to purchase pages or art from the guys.
It was not a mad house then and before 2004 almost none of the Artists charged to sign a comic.Unfortunately I was not into collecting comic books at the time.But I have some 80 incredible sketches,pages,comic and fantasy artwork.And met a lot of the artists.A great time.

Last edited:
Love this Jim Lee Art on this Book.Picked this one up already signed.

Attachments

• 2003 batman #612 s2.JPG
    2003 batman #612 s2.JPG
    566 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
Sold off all my comics years ago...

Except my first Ed, Black Pearl signed by Mark Hamill.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

my favorite Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #75 Variant.. Signed by Kevin Eastman and Cover Artist Humberto Ramos.

Attachments

• 2017 teenage mutant ninja turtles #75 s2.JPG
    2017 teenage mutant ninja turtles #75 s2.JPG
    504.8 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
always like this Art.1983 Batman #366

Very cool to find a nice copy signed by Cover Artist Walt Simonson.

Attachments

• IMG_3389.JPG
    IMG_3389.JPG
    578 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:
1980 New Teen Titans #2 ..first appearence of Deathstroke and signed by the great George Perez.

Attachments

• 1980 new teen titans #2 1.JPG
    1980 new teen titans #2 1.JPG
    602.2 KB · Views: 99
1981 Detective Comics #504 signed by Cover Artist Jim Starlin and 1987 Detective Comics #570 signed by Cover Artist Alan Davis and story writer Mike Barr.

Attachments

• 1981 detective comics #504 s2.JPG
    1981 detective comics #504 s2.JPG
    563.1 KB · Views: 95
  • 1987 detective comics #570 s2.JPG
    1987 detective comics #570 s2.JPG
    588.7 KB · Views: 97
1977 Marvel Comics Ms Marvel #1 first Carol Danvers signed by Writer Gerry Conway and Cover Artist John Romita Sr.
Actually I had no intention of getting this book but finding it signed by two Comic Legends I had no choice.

Attachments

• 1977 ms marvel #1 s2.JPG
    1977 ms marvel #1 s2.JPG
    606.3 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
1987 DC Comics Wonder Woman #1 Wraparound Cover signed by Artist George Perez.

Attachments

• 1987 wonder woman #1a SS.JPG
    1987 wonder woman #1a SS.JPG
    638.7 KB · Views: 72
  • 1987 womder woman #1d SS.JPG
    1987 womder woman #1d SS.JPG
    529.4 KB · Views: 73
1968 DC Comics Batman #200 signed by Cover Artist Neal Adams.A little Batman History in the background panels on this Book.Real nice.

Attachments

• 1968 batman #200a SS.JPG
    1968 batman #200a SS.JPG
    637.9 KB · Views: 72
1977 Marvel Spotlight #32 Origin and 1st appearance of Spider-Woman.Nice cover art by the great Gil Kane.

I'M not a fan of people who had nothing to do with the Book signing it.But Gil has been gone since 2000 so I guess Stan is ok.

Attachments

• 1977 marvel spotlight #32a SS.JPG
    1977 marvel spotlight #32a SS.JPG
    588.1 KB · Views: 96
1978 Marvel Comics Spider-Woman #1 signed by Cover Artist Joe Sinnott.Nice art.

Update 6/30 Sad to hear Joe Passed away Today at 93 years of age.Seriously one of the True Legends in the Marvel Universe and all of Comicdom.

Attachments

• 1978 spider woman #1a SS .JPG
    1978 spider woman #1a SS .JPG
    507 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
1973 DC Comics Batman #251.Batman signed by Mr Cool himself,Neal Adams.Classic Joker Cover.

Attachments

• 1973 batman #251 s1.JPG
    1973 batman #251 s1.JPG
    564.3 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
1967 Marvel Super-Heroes #12 First appearance of Captain Marvel (Mar Vell) Signed by writer Stan Lee.Cool book,nice art by True Comic Legends Gene Colan and Frank Giacola.

Attachments

• 1967 marvel super-heroes #12 s1.JPG
    1967 marvel super-heroes #12 s1.JPG
    569.3 KB · Views: 75
  • 1967 marvel super-heroes #12 s3.JPG
    1967 marvel super-heroes #12 s3.JPG
    474.4 KB · Views: 76
Those are some beautiful books Marvin, you have an amazing collection.

Just out of interest...how do you feel about the Dynamic Forces signed books?
My brother went through a spate some years ago now of grabbing quite a few, some of which I really like & had been thinking about getting slabbed but when I spoke to CGC at a Comic Con a few years back they said they wouldn't accept the signature as they were not present at the time of signing.
Do you know if they (or anyone) will accept them as signed or even if you think they would be worth slabbing at all?

Thanks

Neil

soundwave/Neil, I do not personally own any DF Books.But those most likely come with a DF COA of some sort.I'M not sure how CGC deals with that or if it would make any difference.Or if the COA can even be included on the Back of the Book when slabbed which would be cool even though you would not have a Yellow Signature Series Label.
As far as Slabbing the books:It's nice if you are collecting and they are of value to you.But for resale value you would want to research each Book.See what they are actually selling for Slabbed.

Last edited:
soundwave/Neil, I do not personally own any DF Books.But those most likely come with a DF COA of some sort.I'M not sure how CGC deals with that or if it would make any difference.Or if the COA can even be included on the Back of the Book when slabbed which would be cool even though you would not have a Yellow Signature Series Label.
As far as Slabbing the books:It's nice if you are collecting and they are of value to you.But for resale value you would want to research each Book.See what they are actually selling for Slabbed.

Hi Marvin,
So sorry I totally forgot I'd asked you these questions lol

Yeah all the DF books come with CoA so would be cool to have that visible on the back
Oh I would only slab a book if I like it not because I'd be looking to cash in on it
I have quite a few I'd like to get done but being in the UK it's extra expensive to send them off to be done & I doubt we will have any 'cons this year that they might attend so can't even avoid the shipping by handing them over in person lol

Oh well hopefully one day they will be back & I will get myself some slabbed :)

Thanks again for the reply

Neil

1968 Marvel Super-Heroes #13 First appearance of Carol Danvers and second appearance of Captain Marvel.Cover by Gene Colan and Frank Giacola,Art by GC and Paul Reinman with Story by Roy Thomas.Cool book by True Comic Legends.Signed by Stan Lee.

Really needed this book to go along with Marvel Super-Heroes #12 and found a nice one.

Attachments

• 1968 marvel super-heroes #13 s2.JPG
    1968 marvel super-heroes #13 s2.JPG
    582.8 KB · Views: 54
  • 1968 marvel super-heroes #13 s3.JPG
    1968 marvel super-heroes #13 s3.JPG
    494.2 KB · Views: 57
Back