Commander Praji - Sideshow Exclusive 12"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
People were unrealistic to expect Vader, the buildup that it was him from the Criswell comments were really digging deep to connect the words to Vader, which should have been a sign; Criswell videos were pretty cut and dry if you were familiar with the source material, and if you look back on it now that we know what it was, clearly it could only be Vader by the biggest stretch of the imagination. Sideshow can't account for collectors reading into officer and black as giveaways that it's Darth Vader, that's just ludicrous, you might as well say ohhh, the prediction said "the" and "it", those have to mean it's Vader. People want and expect Vader and they'll read into everything they can that it's a sign he's coming, but that's the people's fault, Star Wars fans, myself included, are an eccentric bunch and Sideshow is a more intellectual bunch that at some point will look at the deductions people make from their comments and just shake their heads in awe at mental leaps greater than anything Evil Knievel could do.

I think Sideshow is well aware of how their fanbase thinks. They read these boards as much as everyone else. People have been speculating about big announcements all week long. Vader, Gandalf the Grey, the next AH Comiquette. They were having a little fun with the predictions knowing that a lot of people would jump to the conclusion that Vader was coming. I doesn't matter that it was an unrealistic expectation. The disappointment is still felt.

They were having a little fun with the predictions knowing that a lot of people would jump to the conclusion that Vader was coming.

I'm sorry... I don't believe for a second that Sideshow fanned the fires for Vader. Why would it be in their best interest to piss us off? :confused:

I doesn't matter that it was an unrealistic expectation.

Wait a minute... are you actually saying that it's okay to be irrational? :monkey3:monkey3:monkey3

I'm sorry... I don't believe for a second that Sideshow fanned the fires for Vader. Why would it be in their best interest to piss us off? :confused:

Come on. You actually think that Sideshow had no clue that people would think Vader from the predictions.:rolleyes: They didn't do it to piss people off they did it to generate excitement and speculation about the announcement.

See I can't really be TOO sympathetic for those that missed because even in the days leading up to the preorder we were getting hints that SOMETHING from Star Wars was comming. I couldn't be around when it went up, I knew that, so I had an awesome person help me out. Same over at RS, people saying SS screwed their customers when RS even had an announcement the night before on the main page about a pending preorder.

You mean those that missed the cryptic hints to a Star Wars preorder in the various boring web videos as part of Sideshow's annual HORROR promotion? Why would Star Wars fans be paying attention to any of that? Seriously. And why should we have to read their website multiple times per day for a week to find out about a new figure in their most popular line?

I'll say it again, if Sideshow can send out spammy email updates for their lousy animated character keys, they can send one out for an actual figure. Requiring people to solve puzzles and obsessively refresh their web page for a week to find out about a limited edition product is idiotic.

You mean those that missed the cryptic hints to a Star Wars preorder in the various boring web videos as part of Sideshow's annual HORROR promotion? Why would Star Wars fans be paying attention to any of that? Seriously. And why should we have to read their website multiple times per day for a week to find out about a new figure in their most popular line?

I'll say it again, if Sideshow can send out spammy email updates for their lousy animated character keys, they can send one out for an actual figure. Requiring people to solve puzzles and obsessively refresh their web page for a week to find out about a limited edition product is idiotic.

Do bluesparrows lay bad eggs? :monkey3

veruca_salt.jpg

Troll someone else. Or at least don't repeat the same joke twice.

As opposed to the incessant whining we have already heard from you and 30 other people in multiple threads because you didn't get what you wanted?

Not trolling. You guys are all just a bunch of Verucas is all. :)

You don't know what the hell you're talking about. Point to one other thread on this board where I've mentioned this, or any thread where I "whined" about anything. Negative opinions about a couple Sideshow issues, sure.

Whereas I look at your recent posting history and it's all trolling and smiley spam. Congrats, you really stuck it to those of us who really care about this line and wanted a figure and couldn't get one!

How do figure that.

Chess Table
ANH Leia
Yavin Luke
ANH Obi
Sidious
Alum Padme
Bespin Luke
Palpatine 2-pack
Commander Praji

Ok Chess table yeah not for everyone but then Leia
Obi and Sidious can cancel each other out
Padme and Luke can cancel each other out
Palpatine 2 pack can cancel out Praji
that leaves Yavin Luke which is in the middle a major character in a minor costume.

Seems pretty damm balanced to me.

When you study the figures listed above, I agree that the release of figures is evenly balanced between Core and Background, however, dont forget that Plo Koon and the three Endor troops were also released this year, which majorly skews the balance.
In a 12" line where there are only around 12 releases a year I feel that Sideshow should be aiming for a slight bias towards the core characters. But that is just my opinion.

Then go to ebay and buy some Hasblo figures. They've done all the core figures with big hands and goofy grins!!

BTW, Kurgan "Krusaders" have a lot of balls to accuse other people of whining or making a nuisance of themselves to get what they want.

Yes, its ok to be jealous of how awesome we Kurgans are. We are generally smarter, more awesome, and better lovers than most of you-the soon to be headless...

kurganstarkill.gif

:cool: :D

Last edited:
Well congrats on doing your homework on me. But obviously you missed the millions of annoying whiny little boy posts which cried the exact same opinion as yours with about as much flatulence as you did. It was, in fact, those are the posts which I was referencing-yours only being the latest flung "on the dung heap" so to speak.

:cool: :D

Meh. I CAN see where he is comming from though. Blue actualy WANTS Praji, and is irked that he missed out. Yes, I'll agree SS COULD have announced a pending PPO instead of giving us the Preorder, but that's not what they did. It was a low ES also.

HOWEVER, To quote AD "....Screaming about it won't Help you..." What's done is done brother, just get on the waitlist. You'll most likely get one. So far all of my waitlisted figures have panned out, and I don't think this will be any different.

To be honest, i'm even having second thoughts on getting two, and I'm sure others are as well.

Back