Commander Praji - Sideshow Exclusive 12"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree we are all here because we love Star Wars, those who criticize and those who love sideshow both have the same goal, to have a kick ass 1/6 scale Star Wars collection (with an Armored Darth Vader standing in front :D)!

That I agree with. :)

First of all Amir, you referred to Lord Vader as steak and he is more than just a piece of meat! :rotfl

QUOTE]

What would you call a Darth Vader figure when comparing him to a meal? :lol

Well put! :lol

:vader =
Grilled_Steak.jpg

I just want an explanation and I think I am owed one

This is funny to me... and I know its not purely what your statement was about but it seems to be a strong attitude amongst the whiners. Why does Sideshow owe you anything? They are a company, in which you are not an investor, that is making collectibles for a profit.

Luckily for us they do keep us very informed; newsletters, events and what not. But because collectors don't know when a figure they want is coming they feel that their rights are being violated?!? How self-absorbed and ridiculous is that?

Vader will happen, and when he does it will (most likely) be a great figure that a lot of time, care and development went into. Indications are 2008, maybe it'll be later. Does your collection look crappy w/o him? Mine doesn't and when he's ready they announce him and there will be much rejoicing :clap

Just because Sideshow doesn't answer to the beckon call of SW fans doesn't mean they are doing anything wrong :rolleyes:

This is funny to me... and I know its not purely what your statement was about but it seems to be a strong attitude amongst the whiners. Why does Sideshow owe you anything? They are a company, in which you are not an investor, that is making collectibles for a profit.

Luckily for us they do keep us very informed; newsletters, events and what not. But because collectors don't know when a figure they want is coming they feel that their rights are being violated?!? How self-absorbed and ridiculous is that?

Vader will happen, and when he does it will (most likely) be a great figure that a lot of time, care and development went into. Indications are 2008, maybe it'll be later. Does your collection look crappy w/o him? Mine doesn't and when he's ready they announce him and there will be much rejoicing :clap

Just because Sideshow doesn't answer to the beckon call of SW fans doesn't mean they are doing anything wrong :rolleyes:

Damn GB! That was well put. :duff

I'm buying figures from them, paying money, I am choosing them by giving them my dollar, and I think for that they owe me/us a bit more information , and don’t give me the cop out super fan return of ‘don’t buy them and leave the forums now’ statement. I have little choice really, I am a Star Wars fan (before sideshow owned the license) and I want quality 1/6 scale figures for my Star Wars collection. Sideshow is delivering quite a few great figures but I just want to have more of an update. They have great customer service, and they do email a lot about their new products they have for sale, but I want some more information on when a Vader is coming and that does not make me a whiner. I don’t want a 10 page essay detailing their R&D on Vader but as a paying customer I want a bit more than it’s coming in 2008. So please stop insulting me by calling me a whiner, you don’t see me calling you, a mindless sideshow fanatic who takes every criticism against Sideshow as if it's a direct insult against himself, you don’t work for the company, so why don’t you relax and stop attacking others who have a differing opinion than yourself.

But see.. I don't see people wanting to know Medi or HT release schedule/strategy so why the big deal about knowing SS's?

Gotta go with GB, Sideshow doesn't owe anyone anything. The only time a company owes something to customers/fans is when something goes wrong, at which point the fair thing to do would be to shed light on matters for people. No company is obligated to share information ahead of time about what's coming down the pipeline, and we know from things we've seen with Sideshow, that the almighty LFL has a large say in when things are good enough and get the ok to share; look at the Bespin Luke figure, simple enough one would think, but we now know that Andy Bergholtz did one sculpt for it, as did at least the artist who's sculpt is being used for production, and having to go through even that can slow things down. I find Sideshow to be the best manufacturer out there when it comes to sharing information about coming products. No Sideshow customer is owed an explanation about why we haven't had Vader yet, or when he'll come, and it's been very good of them to make the comments they have made on the subject.

Gotta go with GB, Sideshow doesn't owe anyone anything. The only time a company owes something to customers/fans is when something goes wrong, at which point the fair thing to do would be to shed light on matters for people. No company is obligated to share information ahead of time about what's coming down the pipeline, and we know from things we've seen with Sideshow, that the almighty LFL has a large say in when things are good enough and get the ok to share; look at the Bespin Luke figure, simple enough one would think, but we now know that Andy Bergholtz did one sculpt for it, as did at least the artist who's sculpt is being used for production, and having to go through even that can slow things down. I find Sideshow to be the best manufacturer out there when it comes to sharing information about coming products. No Sideshow customer is owed an explanation about why we haven't had Vader yet, or when he'll come, and it's been very good of them to make the comments they have made on the subject.

That's fine MaulFan, that's your opinion and your entitled to it. It is great that you are able to state your opinion without personally attacking anyone personally for their opinion. Anyway for me this discussion I think is done, now who would like to post some side by side ANH screen and sideshow shots of this character?

You guys do realize that Amir was one of the first people to come to Sideshow's defense when people were crucifying every detail of the initial 12" SW releases, don't you? He and Myatt were on an island almost completely to themselves at Rebelscum for a long time. He's NOT one of the typical SSC flamethrowers. He's as much a collector and true SSC fan as any of us. Don't discredit his opinion because he varies on this issue.

I know im not trying to discredit Amir, but I find it odd that so many people are no on about knowing SS's up comming release schedule. I've never seen anyone ask for it before from SS or any other company. It's only once they got Star Wars did people want it to know when they were getting "their" figure.

You guys do realize that Amir was one of the first people to come to Sideshow's defense when people were crucifying every detail of the initial 12" SW releases, don't you? He and Myatt were on an island almost completely to themselves at Rebelscum for a long time. He's NOT one of the typical SSC flamethrowers. He's as much a collector and true SSC fan as any of us. Don't discredit his opinion because he varies on this issue.

Thank you Irish. :) and it's true I love the majority of what Sideshow has produced but I see room for improvement in some areas and will on occasion voice it every now and again with hopes that giving some criticisms will help make this the ultimate Star Wars line of collectibles (or close to it) and that of course that is just my personal opinion.:)

That's because, like it or not... good or bad... right or wrong, "Star Wars" is its own animal. This very thread showcases that.

Oh I know that, I just don't understand why some people think a business is going to alter their marketing and release strategies just for Star Wars. To me personally its quite presumptious to say that we are owed an explanation as to why we haven't seen suited Vader or Troops or Fett yet. At least SS hears we want them, most other companies would just ignore you.

I'm buying figures from them, paying money, I am choosing them by giving them my dollar, and I think for that they owe me/us a bit more information , and don’t give me the cop out super fan return of ‘don’t buy them and leave the forums now’ statement. I have little choice really, I am a Star Wars fan (before sideshow owned the license) and I want quality 1/6 scale figures for my Star Wars collection. Sideshow is delivering quite a few great figures but I just want to have more of an update. They have great customer service, and they do email a lot about their new products they have for sale, but I want some more information on when a Vader is coming and that does not make me a whiner. I don’t want a 10 page essay detailing their R&D on Vader but as a paying customer I want a bit more than it’s coming in 2008. So please stop insulting me by calling me a whiner, you don’t see me calling you, a mindless sideshow fanatic who takes every criticism against Sideshow as if it's a direct insult against himself, you don’t work for the company, so why don’t you relax and stop attacking others who have a differing opinion than yourself.

Don't think I ever told you to to away or gave you cop out super-fan response. I've never told you to leave, I actually like you even from when I was back on RS. And I did try to put the disclaimer that this was not the entirety of you statement, but a trend I see from a lot of the whining people complaining about their bruised sense of entitlement (sorry if you took it to be personal).

Now, I do feel like you are attempting to hint that you feel I'm "a mindless sideshow fanatic who takes every criticism against Sideshow as if it's a direct insult against himself"... since you kinda put in your statement. And that's a bit crasse on you part... but whatever. If you feel because I disagree with you its easier to pigeonhole me so be it. But I never directed my comments at you, just making a statement.

I'm just pointing out that again, Sideshow has a right to disclose to fans what they want, when they want. And Star Wars fans being *****es about it certainly won't endear Sideshow to speed things up in their favor. Also, anyone stop to think that Sideshow doesn't always have first choice in when and what the disclose to fans... that maybe, I dunno... Lucasfilm might have some sway on that one?

Back