Comic Con Anaheim, LA, Vegas or San Diego

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im sure Matt wants it in Las Vegas! i would say San Diego but i have never been to Vegas so i cant say it would suck over there.

Yes and no actually.

Pros - Of course the commute would be great for me, and our convention centers are MUCH bigger than the one in SD.

Cons - It is actually nice to get away, esp when it is 110+; the Gaslamp district is impossible to duplicate, while there is plenty of restaurants/activity it is much more spread out. Not to mention drinking/etc is more expensive out here.

Been to Anaheim, beautiful place has a few nice restaraunts the convention center (if its the one im thinking of) is in walking distance. But its next to Disneyland, imagine the traffic! :lol

Been to Anaheim, beautiful place has a few nice restaraunts the convention center (if its the one im thinking of) is in walking distance. But its next to Disneyland, imagine the traffic! :lol
Yes the convention center is pretty much across the street but is also smaller then SD. You would have downtown disney and then the newer shopping/dinning area across harbor from the old disneyland entrance but not enough dinning in the area really.

actually Anaheim is larger than SD, in fact one of the things that SD is considering doing is to expand the convention center but even the expansion would not make it as big as Anaheim.

Vegas is out of the equation because the orginizers have said they want to keep it in California.

Los Angeles wouldn't work because there is not enough hotels in the downtown area.

i still like SD the best, i love going to SD. they just need to strong arm the surrounding hotels more (the hotels are the real reason that comic con might move) and insist on more reasonable rates.

Yes and no actually.

Pros - Of course the commute would be great for me, and our convention centers are MUCH bigger than the one in SD.

Cons - It is actually nice to get away, esp when it is 110+; the Gaslamp district is impossible to duplicate, while there is plenty of restaurants/activity it is much more spread out. Not to mention drinking/etc is more expensive out here.

:exactly:

Being from Vegas and as much as I would love con here...but to me con belongs in San Diego...A typical 110-119 degree heat on a summer days here sucks...I wouldn't want to stand in any line at those temperatures.

I do love going to the Gaslamp as well...again SD is a vacation for me.

But if the organizers want to leave SD, well I would love them to come here, I don't want it in L.A. or Anaheim...

What's so exorbitant about hotel prices? What does an average room per night cost?

We stayed in the Hard Rock again this year (because now I'm spoiled and won't stay anywhere else for SDCC if I can help it :lol). The total: $1344, for 4 nights.

And the problem isn't necessarily the rates, but that the city won't strong arm the hotels into opening up more blocks of rooms at those "lower" rates. Their greed may just end up forcing the con to movie and then everyone loses (especially the SD hotels).

Yeah, no kidding. It was $290/night + taxes. And this was at Con rates!! If you want to stay at one of the 4-5 hotels next to the convention center, that's what you have to pay.

The non-SDCC rate per night that week/weekend? About $600 a night? :google

If I would have paid for a room at non con rates at any of the 5 nearby hotels it probably would have ran me around $3500. That is just insanity.

Back