Comic Con Anaheim, LA, Vegas or San Diego

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
San Diego is a great place, but I wouldn't mind a move to Vegas. I got family there so I'd have a free place to stay at least and I'd just drive down so I'd save airfare and a rental car as well. Room, flight, and car are 3 of the biggest expenses of the trip so saving on those would be a big plus to me. But of course, that is just me that would benefit :lol

If con went to Vegas I would go every year without fail! I'll be there for a week in August! VEGAS BABY! Its like a second home to me :rock :rock :rock :rock

I think it should stay in San Diego. My worry is if it moves to a bigger venue it is just going to get bigger and that solves nothing. Plus I like hanging out in the gaslamp. If not SD then Vegas but cosplay could go very wrong in that heat.

I think it should stay in San Diego. My worry is if it moves to a bigger venue it is just going to get bigger and that solves nothing. Plus I like hanging out in the gaslamp. If not SD then Vegas but cosplay could go very wrong in that heat.

yeah, the Vegas heat may play havok on the cosplay, but with the abundance of seniors (especially in unions), it could bring a whole new edge to the booth babe.

I thought of one nice part to Vegas, you can drink in the convention center, on the way there , on the way back , pretty much everywhere.

I am sure vegas won't happen. I think the LVCS convention space is smaller than SD convention center.

Also you gotta ask yourself, do you really wanna be standing outside in 100+ degree weather. Oh the smells. Imagine if the AC brakes down (in doors).

Mandalay Bay could possibly hold it. They have held the NBA All Star game fan expo, UFC fanfest...and other events. But again, I don't think it can handle the number of attendees.

BUT, how many from SD and other cities would be willing to go to Vegas and bring their families to a not so family friendly area? The # attendees would probably drop. Thats a plus :D

My bet, Anaheim.

Last edited:
I am sure vegas won't happen. I think the LVCS convention space is smaller than SD convention center.

Also you gotta ask yourself, do you really wanna be standing outside in 100+ degree weather. Oh the smells. Imagine if the AC brakes down (in doors).

Mandalay Bay could possibly hold it. They have held the NBA All Star game fan expo, UFC fanfest...and other events. But again, I don't think it can handle the size.

BUT, how many from SD and other cities would be willing to go to Vegas and bring their families to a not so family friendly area? The # attendees would probably drop. Thats a plus :D

My bet, Anaheim.

Vegas is becoming more family friendly. Also, like I said before, they could seperate the exhibits from the panels. It could be split up between more than one building.

Though Vegas is hot, it's a dry heat. It's the sun that hot. Plus, like I said, it's not like there isn't plenty of places to get cool there.

Since we're making "wishes" kinda.........here's mine:

I wish they'd move it to Vegas and also move it to the last week in November to the first week of December while the National Rodeo Finals and Convention is on. Sam and I would find plenty to do while we were there. Cowboys! :yess:

Vegas is becoming more family friendly. Also, like I said before, they could seperate the exhibits from the panels. It could be split up between more than one building.

Though Vegas is hot, it's a dry heat. It's the sun that hot. Plus, like I said, it's not like there isn't plenty of places to get cool there.

Since we're making "wishes" kinda.........here's mine:

I wish they'd move it to Vegas and also move it to the last week in November to the first week of December while the National Rodeo Finals and Convention is on. Sam and I would find plenty to do while we were there. Cowboys! :yess:

It's no where near as friendly as SD or Anaheim. I am sure those who run the convention think of it as a "family thing" too. I would want it to go to Vegas, but it's not gonna happen.

However, They could always do a trial run? Meaning try all 3 options a year, and see how the results fair.

Mandalay Bay could possibly hold it. They have held the NBA All Star game fan expo, UFC fanfest...and other events. But again, I don't think it can handle the number of attendees.

My bet, Anaheim.
Vegas is about 2 times bigger then SD and is like the 2nd or 3rd biggest in the US plus you have the Sands which is also in the top 10 right there too. There is a reason some of the biggest conventions in the world are there.

Anaheim to me is the worst idea. There are hotels but normally they are pretty booked all summer just for Disneyland.

It's no where near as friendly as SD or Anaheim. I am sure those who run the convention think of it as a "family thing" too. I would want it to go to Vegas, but it's not gonna happen.

However, They could always do a trial run? Meaning try all 3 options a year, and see how the results fair.

I don't think I'd ever take little ones to SDCC. I know some do, but I would never take them into crowds like that.

San Diego but something has to give, the show has to change or the venue does. It's been nuts the last few years.

I'm obviously for Vegas because I would have zero travel expenses, but damn it sure would lose alot of it's mystique, ambiance, and close knit feeling that it currently enjoys.

Personally I'd prefer it to stay in SD and that is coming from someone who has never attended (...yet) but of the three other choices I'd say I'd prefer Anaheim.

Vegas itself is extremely spread out, much more so than people realize thanks to TV and last July when we went it was still over 100 at 10 PM. I think Vegas while it sounds like a fun idea will be a cluster____ when it comes to execution.

No real problem with LA except the downtown area isn't too much of a draw for me. The Anaheim Convention Center being across from DL is littered with hotels and condos, restaurants are a plenty and the Downtown Disney area hosting the cosplayers, etc would be fairly funny.

Back