Christian Bale Sculpt...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great job dwing! Cast is truly awesome, its the best cast i've ever had and the smoothest, here is a shot of mine painted
Picture_1180_2_.jpg

more pics here https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30170&page=12

Kuato, how difficult was converting this to Takara body and how well does it work out?

Oh man, i dremeled for awhile, because i didn't want to damage the sculpt so i took my time, it wasn't that difficult, just find a loose ht head and copy it and it works great, check out the other pics on my thread, you can tilt the head pretty cool.

Chris

Oh man, i dremeled for awhile, because i didn't want to damage the sculpt so i took my time, it wasn't that difficult, just find a loose ht head and copy it and it works great, check out the other pics on my thread, you can tilt the head pretty cool.

Chris

I saw that, what'd you use to keep the head on, the Tak heads have the small plug thing.

I saw that, what'd you use to keep the head on, the Tak heads have the small plug thing.

Thats the only difficult part, i had to drill the perfect hole and widen it as i came down, sort of to mimic the post. It was slightly bigger so i just wrappede some foam on the post and its nice and snug now.

Chris

I just got a package in the mail. I thought it was another commission, but it was something even better. Someone sent me a Bale sculpt, acting, as the accompanying note said, "on an impulse many on the board felt." I am overwhelmed. I don't know who my mysterious benefactor is, or why I am so blessed with such amazing friends and support, but from the deepest depths of my heart: I thank you. I thank you, my benefactor, and all my fellow freaks who's impulse has brightened my week considerably.
In addition to being one of the proud painters on this board, I am also an actor in NYC. I'm making a good start at it, but budgeting forced me to cut Andy's amazing Bale sculpt out, and I was so disappointed to have missed out on such a remarkable piece of art. Every time I see such fine custom work generate on this board, I am filled with such pride to be part of an online community that not only talks, but creates! We are more than fans. We are the inventors, the makers of the magic we love. The goodwill I feel towards you all overflows. Beyond all the price-moaning, Medicom/Hot Toys debates, flipping, Krusades, and the "Red Scare" that followed in melvinpelayo's wake, I never doubted the heart of Sideshow Freaks.
This board overflows with artists, and with goodhearted people who go out of their way to be kind, even when no one's watching. Let me tell you something, living in NYC, that sort of generosity stands out even stronger.
I wish I could paint this amazing head right now and show it to you all in recompense for your extraordinary kindness. Unfortunately, I am going out of town for a month to play Lancelot in Camelot (if anyone would like to come, check out www.triarts.net.) I will still be on the boards during my gig, but I won't be able to return to my brushes in earnest until July 20th. Then I will be a flurry of paint to make up for lost time.
My sincerest regards, and deepest affection to you. To my mysterious benefactor, and to all of you. I am so proud to be a Sideshow Freak, and to be among such remarkable collectors.
-Michael 'Customikey" Padgett

Thanks woff for offering these up and Andy for his continued superb quality of work

DSCN3240.jpg

DSCN3241.jpg

DSCN3242.jpg

DSCN3243.jpg

DSCN3245.jpg

This sculpt is such a thing of beauty, Andy did a great job not only capturing Bale's face, but Bruce Wayne's emotion.

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

Beautiful shots, MF. We were spoiled with Andy B's 1/6 sculpts for a good run, but this sculpt reminds me that it wasn't nearly long enough!

I missed out on these...if anyone would be willing to sell me one, I would really appreciate it. PM me.

If I'm not mistaken that is the suit by Toy Soldier... they came in a few different colors and are around $20. Monkey Depot carries them. Pretty nice quality overall, I used one for a custom and definitely worth the money.

One last batch of sculpt photos, he's now off to Les for a paintup.

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

And one moody shot, he looks so alive here, I think.

24.jpg

Back