Captain America Civil War: Figure Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm just saying....had Sony put this design out, people would be pissed. Livid, in fact.

It's not that it's bad, but there is something decisively underwhelming about it. I do get why people are 'okay' with it compared to say, the ASM1 suit, but this is nowhere near ASM2 level, though I agree that design wouldn't "fit". In the end, I actually feel like an updated Rami Spider-Man suit would have been, or hopefully is what this evolves into. A darker red would be better. The brightness of the suit feels a wee out of place compared to the muted colors of the other characters.

Just had to make this pic after seeing that trailer... got me all in fanboy mode haha

12383470_248047148867414_666614292_n.jpg

Saw the pics on my phone, so only just saw the extra black "go-faster" lines.

Okay, that's unnecessary, but I still dig it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love the new suit! Can't wait for the figure. I'll add it to my ever growing Spidey collection. Can't sell any of them.

It's a great jumping off point as a new Spidey suit. Also keep in mind that this isn't the LAST Movie Spidey suit we'll see either. I'm sure it will look slightly different in the next film to feature the character.

I'm sure I'm in the extreme minority here, but I actually like the look of Tobey's SM2 outfit the best out of all of them. The eyes aren't too big nor too small and I like the design of the webbing on the red portion of the suit.

This design is pretty cool also and I realize that they have to do something different than making it precisely the same as its two predecessors, but I can't say it's my favorite design. I'm not too crazy about the emoting eyes personally at initial reaction, but I give them credit for trying to think outside of the box and do something different that no previous rendition has done.

Spidey suit looks cool but I don't like Spiderman as a child. So I'll keep my arfield figure as an Avenger.

I'm just saying....had Sony put this design out, people would be pissed. Livid, in fact.

It's not that it's bad, but there is something decisively underwhelming about it. I do get why people are 'okay' with it compared to say, the ASM1 suit, but this is nowhere near ASM2 level, though I agree that design wouldn't "fit". In the end, I actually feel like an updated Rami Spider-Man suit would have been, or hopefully is what this evolves into. A darker red would be better. The brightness of the suit feels a wee out of place compared to the muted colors of the other characters.

It's a great jumping off point as a new Spidey suit. Also keep in mind that this isn't the LAST Movie Spidey suit we'll see either. I'm sure it will look slightly different in the next film to feature the character.

I think it's the knowledge that the Russo Bros already said the suit is going to evolve. Also there is a reason that Stark calls him "underoos"

I love it. Feels like an Alex Ross painting come to life and the emoting eyes immediately give the costume looks of other artists. I wouldn't be shocked if by the end there was yet another suit.

I think it's the knowledge that the Russo Bros already said the suit is going to evolve. Also there is a reason that Stark calls him "underoos"

I love it. Feels like an Alex Ross painting come to life and the emoting eyes immediately give the costume looks of other artists. I wouldn't be shocked if by the end there was yet another suit.
The thing with the emoting eyes that confuses me is that, yes, I get that if it's Stark Tech it's likely going to give him different types of vision. But if it expands/contracts based on function, then it won't make sense for it to move based upon emotion; his vision would constantly be all over the place. So I think that will probably be a nod to his ability to emote through the costume in the comics, but not act as his means of doing so.

Unlesssss that's somehow "mapped" to his face, so he can express emotion to those he's talking to. Seems like a slightly excessive suit addition, but he is 15 in this, maybe he had a goofy request from Tony? Or Tony likes the wisecracking and thought it would be cool?

I'm sure I'm in the extreme minority here, but I actually like the look of Tobey's SM2 outfit the best out of all of them. The eyes aren't too big nor too small and I like the design of the webbing on the red portion of the suit.

This design is pretty cool also and I realize that they have to do something different than making it precisely the same as its two predecessors, but I can't say it's my favorite design. I'm not too crazy about the emoting eyes personally at initial reaction, but I give them credit for trying to think outside of the box and do something different that no previous rendition has done.

I'm with you on the SM2 suit! Can't wait to see a MCU HT Spidey!!!!

Ht will make more figures from CW than any other MCU film- we haven't even seen all the villian(s) yet.
I see new versions of all the Avengers in the film- even Hawkeye and Vision who haven't changed that much.

Back