Captain America Civil War: Figure Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since were all expressing opinions....
I like the new suit. It's something old and something new. The eyes are definitely throwback. While it's still being done on Marvel's Ultimate Spider-Man, it more reminds me of the old 1960s Spider-Man cartoon. While both use the eyes lenses to emote, the Ultimate changes shapes and thins out the whites while the new suit, like the 60s, increases the black around the white lenses giving both 2 different looks. The new suit doesn't seem to be any one exact era of Spider-Man but sort of an amalgam of several of the popular ones. I also wonder if the break up lines added to the suit are just a way of differentiating from past on screen costumes.
I'm sure we'll get an explanation as to why the lenses change. I like the addition of it. Having watched Spider-Man cartoons my whole life, I always felt that it was one of the things missing from the live action versions. I understand the reasons why, and the fact that they try to make the movies a little more reality based compared to the wild abandon of the comics and cartoons where physics is irrelevant, I'm just glad it's now part of the universe.
I also hated ASM1 suit and loved the ASM2 suit. I felt a little cheated by the symbiote suit from Spider-Man 3. I wished it was little more like the Secret Wars.
Ryan

Here's a clip of Spidey vs Ant-Man...

Spoiler Spoiler:

I get everyone has their own opinion... but wow. The hate for Spidey is crazy.
At least it seems like people here are just discussing why they do or don't like the new suit. I saw a lot of comments on Youtube that just said "why does spiderman sound like hes 12" or "didnt know they cast justin bieber as spiderman".

Regarding the suit, I think a lot of people said they wanted a throwback, classic look, which we got (minus web wings), so I'm sure there would have been people complaining if they didn't go with a classic look. People will complain either way. I'm just happy we're getting Spidey in the MCU, and I really like the new look.

At least it seems like people here are just discussing why they do or don't like the new suit. I saw a lot of comments on Youtube that just said "why does spiderman sound like hes 12" or "didnt know they cast justin bieber as spiderman".

Regarding the suit, I think a lot of people said they wanted a throwback, classic look, which we got (minus web wings), so I'm sure there would have been people complaining if they didn't go with a classic look. People will complain either way. I'm just happy we're getting Spidey in the MCU, and I really like the new look.

This. Y'all should be happy and grateful that this is even happening LOL. What a time to be alive for a comic book fan.

The comments section on YT videos unfortunately seems to be the biggest place on the Internet that draws the most amount of trolls, hate, degenerates and socially inept individuals.

Hate to be THAT guy... but I remember a rumor that he has a wardrobe change...

It's possible there's some scenes where Iron Man discovers Spidey in his standard first "make your costume at home" get-up. Stark probably takes a liking to the kid (because Peter is much like Tony in that he's a wise-cracking genius) and offers to make him a suit. Hence we get the "official" Spider-man costume.

So this is likely the last and final Spidey suit for the movie.

It's possible there's some scenes where Iron Man discovers Spidey in his standard first "make your costume at home" get-up. Stark probably takes a liking to the kid (because Peter is much like Tony in that he's a wise-cracking genius) and offers to make him a suit. Hence we get the "official" Spider-man costume.

So this is likely the last and final Spidey suit for the movie.

Good point. It's possible.

After all, if you first found him and he was wearing something like this, would you not be inclined to give him the handle "Underoos" as a nickname also? :lol

Spider-Man_151Pyxurz.jpg

Would be interesting if there is a tony stark figure with his mechanical glove.

Back