"Bring me Wesley's head" Commitment thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That sounds promising.

If push comes to shove, my professional sculptor friend might be able to do something. Recently he's been able to get access to computer scan technology at the Royal college of fashion in London, and had a an old portrait he'd done of Tom Baker scanned in, and a tiny duplicate carved out. I was looking at it today, and it looked marvelous.

He prefers to work larger, and so if we could get this lot to shrink it down for us, he'd be more amicable to the idea of having a go at a Wesley head.

So, if this other sculptor doesn't work out there maybe that to consider.
Here's he old portrait he did before it was shrunk. When I've managed to nick the shrunk copy back off him I'll post up a photo of it.

Sorry for the crap all over this, but it's been lying around in the garden for quite while would you believe.

Click to enlarge...

The artist I spoke with, "Wantedyou", from ebay seems to be willing to sculpt Wes with just 25 suitors instead of the 50 originally requested. I've sent her the pictures and the link from another "Wes-head topic" on this board. The only thing she needs now are the measurements. Does anyone have any idea what size his noggin should be in 1/6 scale?

I know that some may be sceptical about her product, which is understandable, but it seems to me that it wouldn't hurt to at least see what she can do since there aren't many other options available at this time.
thanks, james

forget wesley. im liking that charlie watts head. anybody know where i can get a 1/6 scale drumkit?

For the measurments I'd assume we'd want it in scale with the SS figures, so just take the measurments of one of the male figures, Spike, Angle or Giles I guess.

Hey Guys..I have a Wesley head partly done. It was a commission from way back that never came through. Would you like to see it?

Here it is...please note that he still needs work. I also put a SS head next to him so you can see the scale. Let me know if you want me to finish him.

wesley1.jpg

it looks pretty good spenser. but i think the hair needs to be changed. what does everybody else think? what were you using for reference?

Updated list as of 11-01-07
Anzik Hayes
The Obsolete Man
Kain's Ancient Blade
Serpentor
Thamesvalidude
Koipond
Seaward
Binky
james1976
leatherneck
DarkArtist81
wyrmn3500
abstractharmony
Protozaius
the vampire with soul
betic1
Kozin
The Craw
Ironman1188
UTtoyfan
Bradlee_Scott

Contigent upon the sculpt is:
Sueworld
Migwit
Murder of Crows

We are at 21-24 so far. Hey maybe SSC will reconsider!

I'm sure I was on this list at one point in time... please add me ;-)

Spenser That heads not bad at all so far.

The mouth looks a tiny bit too pronounced, but it's difficult to say without seeing a proper profile of it.

When it comes to working reference, did you use just that one image to base your sculpt on?

Updated list as of 11-07-07
Anzik Hayes
The Obsolete Man
Kain's Ancient Blade
Serpentor
Thamesvalidude
Koipond
Seaward
Binky
james1976
leatherneck
DarkArtist81
wyrmn3500
abstractharmony
Protozaius
the vampire with soul
betic1
Kozin
The Craw
Ironman1188
UTtoyfan
Bradlee_Scott
LordAzrael

Contigent upon the sculpt is:
Sueworld
Migwit
Murder of Crows

Spenser that looks very good. Sue might be on to something with the mouth, but it is slight. I think you have the general shape of eyes down, maybe a little too puffy on the lower lid and the the forehead might need the slightest thickening, but overall its fabulous.

YES! This is what I’m talking about. Spencer, this is not bad for a rough draft at all. If you don’t mind a bit more criticism/suggestions while you’re still in this early stage, I’d say the eyes look a little too big and far apart. The hair is short and spiky but combed down in the reference pic, and it doesn’t look like you’ve gotten to sculpting the “length” yet. As far as the reference pic, I recommend looking at others, especially ones from further back. That pic you posted especially, it’s kind of zoomed in and distorts and exaggerates AD’s features quite a bit (just look at his neck). They seem to do that quite a bit with these promotional photos I noticed. But please do continue, and keep us updated (ahem, all hypocrisy aside on that last bit, hehe).

The likeness isn't quite there, but the hairstyle and stern expression are perfect for a season 4 Angel style Wes. Having seen Spenser's previous works, I have no doubt the finished product would be top notch.

I'd love to see this rough sculpt photoshopped with some eyes and color.

The likeness isn't quite there, but the hairstyle and stern expression are perfect for a season 4 Angel style Wes. Having seen Spenser's previous works, I have no doubt the finished product would be top notch.

I'd love to see this rough sculpt photoshopped with some eyes and color.

its always hard to judge these raw sculpts especially when they dont have eyes. but i like it so far. be sure to check out these other photos Spenser:
https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17473

I didn't think about this... did you guys want a Buffy or an Angel Wesley?

This one is an Angel Wesley, he was supposed to have stubble when finished, I didn’t get that far.

I’ve been working off of several pictures and screen caps but anything helps. If you guys have a look you all agree on I’ll modify the sculpt to fit.

I didn't think about this... did you guys want a Buffy or an Angel Wesley?

This one is an Angel Wesley, he was supposed to have stubble when finished, I didn’t get that far.

I’ve been working off of several pictures and screen caps but anything helps. If you guys have a look you all agree on I’ll modify the sculpt to fit.

Definately and Angel Wes. Spenser, your Wesley looks very promising.

Back