Boromir in the House...Official IMAGE thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Boromir IMAGE Thread

MaulFan said:
I'm sure my girlfriend will give me a little grief for getting Boromir cuz she doesn't like him much, but to me, he's a noble man who just happened to fall to the power of the ring, much like Anakin being a good person who fell to the temptations of evil. The extended DVDs deffinately show you a more noble and honorable side to Boromir, I can't wait to add him to the collection.

Boromir is my favorite character, given that he is flawed. Aragorn is almost superhuman, but the character arcs of Boromir and Faramir are so incredibly human. The family dynamic, and how the brothers respond to their father's own issues is one of my favorite parts of the story.

Thanks WG for the info!

Re: Boromir IMAGE Thread

Thanks for the quick pictures, WG. Looks like another great release. Hopefully the waitlist comes through for me.

Thanks for combining threads Dave, very cool of you to honor Ol Gruff... Grrrr-uff, get that camera clicking bro! :D :cool:

Looking good so far. That funky hair line at the front does look a little weird, though. But the rest does look amazing.

For you repainters, I think he'll definitely benefit from a more blonde hair/beard color.

Wow. I expected to come home and see floods of pics showing Boromir in great poses. First thing, I was severely disappointed in the way the figure itself was packaged. The velcro circles were lazily thrown onto the box missing their mark because next to them there were premarked circles to put them on. One set of velcro circles was missing completely. None of the weapons or accessories were taped to their housings and were moving around loosely in the box. The figure itself had the stand c-clamp already around its waist (a new one at least for me) and it was put on quickly because it was thrown on and the black component just slid after because it bent the tunic backwards and created a weird crease. The box itself had creases and weird folds as well.

That aside I am really happy with figure itself, my wife mentioned that she felt it was the best looking LOTR fig yet and I'd have to agree with her. The production pics made the figure look really off but the photos couldn't be further from the truth, the figure itself was excellently done and the costuming is top notch. The Orc head was a lot heavier than expected and looks great at Boromir's feet. It is my favorite so far of the figures. On with the pics!
(Excuse the fuzziness of the pics I took the pics again after without flash because they looked horrid with it)

March5111.jpg

March5112.jpg

March5110.jpg

March5113.jpg

March5115.jpg

The materials used for the outfit are fantastic. The real-feel leather, the "silk", the chainmail, the detailing imprinted into the belt... all amazing textures that works well off one another. Its a striking result.

So, here's BOROMIR uncovered...

Futz2.jpg

With silk "kimono" blouse futzed:

Futz3.jpg

With leather tunic and gauntlets futzed:

Futz4.jpg

And here's the final FUTZED BOROMIR... (with flash and without - I kinda like the way the silk catches the light):

Futz1.jpg

Futz5.jpg

Last edited:
Very Shiny! Thanks again for all the cool pictures! His cheeks look really rosy with the flash, but the likeness looks pretty good and the costume work looks amazing. Is the chain mail the same as the Python Knights (just fabric)?

This looks like one of those figures where the outfit will only look better with time and handling, amazing! :cool:

oooOoooohhhh............gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme!!

............... wait, I havent even finished resculpting Legolas yet.

*be patient Darren...... be patient* :

Looks good to me. Definitely top button undone on my Boromir when he gets here.

Back