Boromir in the House...Official IMAGE thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Boromir IMAGE Thread

Seaward said:
Boromir is my favorite character, given that he is flawed. Aragorn is almost superhuman, but the character arcs of Boromir and Faramir are so incredibly human. The family dynamic, and how the brothers respond to their father's own issues is one of my favorite parts of the story.

Thanks WG for the info!

Boromir is my favorite too.

Wor-Gar said:
And here's the final FUTZED BOROMIR...
Futz5.jpg

Thanks for the preview/review Wor-Gar & JediMike...

He's lookin' good...my only comments from what pics are posted so far are...is the outfit that bright? I popped the dvd in and had a look and it doesn't "pop" like the one featured on this figure does...I'm hoping that the red & blue hues aren't quite so strong "in person"...also...from that close-up on your opening salvo (Wor-Gar)it's looking like the painters found a use for Kabuki Ani's lipstick...are they that dark? And Mike...that description of your packing woes almost seems like you got one that had been opened...hope not, but I'd hate to think Sideshow's gettin' sloppy....

My only other comment is...I wish this figure featured the cape he sported in the movie (on the mountainside)...the textured one with the fur trim...granted, that would have been tough to pull off effectively in this scale but...at least we have the Lothlorin one....

Thanks again for the preview, folks....I hope my waitlist order changes over soon...

Boromir's brother...captain...king....is awaiting him atop the Pass of Caradhras...

412782770_ea5f0f64c1.jpg

Oh alright...just the cold, windswept snowy hills of Vermont. Not a bad stand-in though, eh?

Keep the pics comin' folks...please. Thanks!

jedibear said:
Thanks for the preview/review Wor-Gar & JediMike...

He's lookin' good...my only comments from what pics are posted so far are...is the outfit that bright? also...from that close-up on your opening salvo (Wor-Gar)it's looking like the painters found a use for Kabuki Ani's lipstick...are they that dark?

No, the red silk underblouse (or whatever) is not nearly that bright. That is what happens with a flash in a dark room. The red is closer to a deep red/almost maroon color. Its probably brighter than the film source, but then so is Aragorn and Legolas' clothing. You'll like the red, trust me.

I hadn't noticed the Ani-lips...mostly his mouth is covered by his goatee. Remember, in real scale his head is quite small. Boromir's lips are a bit reddish and dark -- but no where near what Ani's were though. I wouldn't have even noticed if you didn't point it out.

I think Seward asked about the "rosy cheeks". Actually, its not so much his cheeks, my Boromir has a bit of redness under his eyes. I like it, makes him look tired and strung out.

Thanks the heads-up Wor-Gar....any chance of some mutli-angle shots of the post-futzed Boromir in your kitchen? Looking back over your other posts of figure pics, the natural light in there is a pretty fair representative of "what it is"...thanks!

jedibear said:
Mike...that description of your packing woes almost seems like you got one that had been opened...hope not, but I'd hate to think Sideshow's gettin' sloppy....

The same thought crossed my mind but the seals weren't broken so if it was futzed with, it was before the box was sealed. Maybe I got the one used for photographs. :lol

Thanks for the pix guys! Again, I hope Boromir makes up for the disappointment I got because of Legolas, and definitely Aragorn. But I have faith!
Whereas you have received the figure, I got the invoice today!!

jedibear said:
Thanks the heads-up Wor-Gar....any chance of some mutli-angle shots of the post-futzed Boromir in your kitchen? Looking back over your other posts of figure pics, the natural light in there is a pretty fair representative of "what it is"...thanks!

Yep, more to come today with better lighting.

My Boromir just arrived and he is fantastic. Looks much more like Sean Bean than any of the photos I've seen. No Theoden here... yet. I love the Orc head. It adds to my complete collection of Sideshow exclusive severed heads. :lol At least I'm 99% sure I have them all now. I'd be pleased if we even got this orc as a figure. Only the eyes would need to painted looking forward for it to a a living orc head.

Here's some better post-futzed pictures of Boromir in more natural lighting...

Boromirfutz3.jpg

Boromirfutz1.jpg

Boromirfutz2.jpg

BoromirCU.jpg

Here you can see the detailing in the belts, silk garment, gauntlets with straps, wood texture on the shield, everything is expertly crafted...

Boromirdetail.jpg

And the ORC!

orc1.jpg

orc2.jpg

The green elven cloak is the same as Legolas'...only this time the broach is in the correct spot. I don't really like it on Boromir as it covers up his collar detail so I haven't put it on him yet. I think I'll give it to Aragorn.

Also, whoever it was that said they'd make a fur cloak for Boromir, count me in. That would really bump this figure up from a 10 to an 11.

I'm still trying to figure out what is the BEST final pose for Boromir. I like the shield strap across his chest...but the shield is so well made that I really want to see it in front of him.

Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Great shots!! Mines due tomorrow and I cannot wait for it to get here. I like one of the poses you used (second one down) and was thinking of something similar but my guy will be wearing the Elven Cloak (which I still need to get for Strider).

jlcmsu said:
Great shots!! Mines due tomorrow and I cannot wait for it to get here. I like one of the poses you used (second one down) and was thinking of something similar but my guy will be wearing the Elven Cloak (which I still need to get for Strider).

Yeah, I'd have to agree, I like the pose with the sword and shield, ready for battle -- its similar to the pose they have on the back of Boromir's box.

Anyone here know if the Orc head is based on a character from "Fellowship"? If so, has anyone got a picture or screen-grab? I'd like to see how complicated the outfit is...I might make a custom Orc out of this exclusive. These guys need something to fight.

Yeah, I like the battle ready as well but I'm gonna study a screen cap website I have before I decide on a pose. The Orc I would say is a Moria Orc since that's the only place they come up against any before Boromir dies.

GREAT figure - the shield is better than the one on the Weta statue. You lucked out in getting the broach in the right place though. On mine it's just as displaced as on Leggie.

If Legolas wasn't so great I'd say this is my favorite of the LotR figures so far, but it's pretty much a toss up.

But I have to agree that he looks better without it.

Darklord Dave said:
GREAT figure - the shield is better than the one on the Weta statue. You lucked out in getting the broach in the right place though. On mine it's just as displaced as on Leggie.

The shield is my favorite part. It looks like real leather on the front and real wood on the back. Crazy how they got it so cool looking. I'll bet SS was even amazed.

That's weird about the broach setting being different, but someone said there's 6 finishing places :)confused: ) so maybe therein lies the difference.

The Orc head is a Moria Orc all the way... They had the more angular features and armor, to replicate the way they revered the Balrog... hence the "flame-like" pointiness of it all... :lol

There is a still that shows damn near that very Orc character with a grassy field behind him. Supposedly in a deleted scene where the Fellowship is chased from Moria to Lothlorien. :lecture

The figure looks great though.... I love what they are doing with this line. Even with my space issues. I can't see myself letting them go, they are all very well made and despite paint issues on Aragorn... top notch figures.

Thursday can't come soon enough.

Goblin1897.jpg

Last edited:
This Figure looks great! Nicely done Sideshow. I get mine tomorrow. Here's to new life being breathed into this line. Just wait till we get his brother, he looks even better. For all those nay sayers that passed on this line....:monkey2 :monkey2

Thanks Sideshow!

Back