Blitzway - Mask of Zorro - Zorro Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would never be using the unmasked sculpt, so that's just parts bin fodder.

He's not my favourite Zorro, but I ordered him nevertheless.

Ideally it would be Reed Hadley in the 1939 serial, Zorro's Fighting Legion.

reed-hadley-in-zorro_s-fighting-legion-1939.jpg

I would never be using the unmasked sculpt, so that's just parts bin fodder.

He's not my favourite Zorro, but I ordered him nevertheless.

Ideally it would be Reed Hadley in the 1939 serial, Zorro's Fighting Legion.

reed-hadley-in-zorro_s-fighting-legion-1939.jpg

That was fun to watch, but my favorite is still Tyrone Power from Mark of Zorro.

Likeness is always interesting. I saw Banderas in the sculpt immediately, but my wife thought it was supposed to be Jamie Lannister. Even after I told her, she said no its too chiseled, Antonio Banderas face has softer features.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was fun to watch, but my favorite is still Tyrone Power from Mark of Zorro.

That was a good one.

I went through my movie list and dug out all the Zorro titles I have:

The Mark of Zorro (Douglas Fairbanks, 1920)
Don Q Son of Zorro (Douglas Fairbanks, 1925)
Zorro Rides Again (John Carroll/Yakima Canutt, 1937)
Zorro's Fighting Legion (Reed Hadley/Yakima Canutt, 1939)
The Mark of Zorro (Tyrone Power, 1940)
Zorro's Black Whip (Linda Stirling, 1944)
Ghost of Zorro (Clayton Moore, 1949)
Mark of Zorro (Frank Langella, 1974)
Zorro (Alain Delon, 1975)
Mask of Zorro (1998)
The Legend of Zorro (2005)

Zorro's Fighting Legion is one of my favourites due to Yakima Canutt's stunt work, and the part it played for Lucas and Spielberg in the creation of Raiders of the Lost Ark.

There isn't a lot of Zorro 1/6 so I'll take what Blitzway's offering.

Everything looks great, aside from the unmasked head bearing little resemblance to Banderas ? how could they get the masked version so right, and the unmasked version so wrong...

Eh I do see a likeness there, especially when you compare with what appears to be their main reference photo, but it's definitely nowhere as strong as the masked sculpt.

fssdd.jpg

Nice movie collection Asta! :rock

zorro_the-mask-of-zorro_gallery_5d5433bac6206.jpg

zorro_the-mask-of-zorro_gallery_5d5433bec6b26.jpg

The unmasked sculpt is okay. I mean, just okay. Doesn't wow me. I agree the masked version is way better which is excellent, IMO!

As for being either Don Diego or Alejandro Murrietta, I'm actually okay with the character change once I learned a little back story behind the name in that its based on real people.

As for the price offered by KG Hobby.... Figures.... I already pre-ordered through SS. But thanks for the heads up anyway. :gah:

zorro_the-mask-of-zorro_gallery_5d5433d726e1b.jpg

Nice movie collection Asta! :rock

While pulling the discs out I found one I missed because it didn't have 'Zorro' in the title: The Bold Caballero (Robert Livingston, 1936).

I'm in the mood for a Zorro marathon, as if I didn't already have a mountain of things still to watch!

Terrific looking figure overall even with the unmasked likeness being a bit weaker. I wish I could reward Blitzway with a purchase, alas I must stick with my core licenses. I already buy too much.

Yeah, it?s an amazing looking figure!
Looking forward to seeing how this turns out in production.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

This is the first time I’ve taken notice of Blitzway and I’m very impressed. He’s pricey for sure but it actually looks a step above HT quality.
This is my childhood Zorro and the movie still holds up to my adult scrutiny today. Hopkins was inspired casting and Banderas was flawless too. I’m relatively new to 1/6 collecting and already find Hot Toys releases pretty tedious- even if I have decided to go all in on the Star Wars prequels- so seeing any unexpected ‘wildcard’ type release is instantly more exciting and enticing. Obviously this was PO’d immediately.

Of all of the new releases I have on preorder, this figure is so stunning that I'm looking forward to this one the most. I always wanted a cool Zorro 1/6 in my collection and all others in the past have been disappointing to me. I know its been over 20 years since this film was released but I'm thinking the wait was worth it! ~ Z

2.jpg

zorro_the-mask-of-zorro_gallery_5d5433bb71a36.jpg

zorro_the-mask-of-zorro_gallery_5d5433bcaefea.jpg

zorro_the-mask-of-zorro_gallery_5d5433bdd8c7c.jpg

zorro_the-mask-of-zorro_gallery_5d5433bd474ff.jpg

Attachments

• zorro_the-mask-of-zorro_gallery_5d5433bc65833.jpg
    zorro_the-mask-of-zorro_gallery_5d5433bc65833.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 336
I friggin' dug the film when I first saw it many yesteryears ago, I even dressed as him for Halloween. I'm AMPED for this figure!!!! :thud:

It's been 13 months since this thread was started and pre-orders have only just begun.

With a 2020 first quarter release date estimate, we'll be lucky to see these figures shipped within that seven month time frame.

The waiting is always the hardest part.

Seeing how well their Hannibal Lecters turned out, I would hope that this guy sells well enough to warrant a Diego De La Vega. The only problem is I don’t know whether I’d rather have the older version or him in the flashback as Zorro. What I do know is that this figure is gorgeous, and, between this and the HT Batman Forever stuff, it seems like these companies are intent on diving deep into my childhood and using nostalgia to get me hooked.

I had to order this. This hero to California turns 100 this year, and this film was an incredibly awesome theater experience. Plus, Blitzway killed it with this figure. Both head sculpts, the tailoring, the accessories. I've got their Ghostbusters, I know this Zorro will be incredible in hand.

Back