Blitzway - Mask of Zorro - Zorro Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ordered at BBTS with absolutely zero hesitation. What an incredible figure.

Dream come true for me.

Is blitzway usually right on with their dates?

Has anyone ordered directly from the Blitzway website before? Do they charge extra for shipping, or is that included in the price just Asmus does?

Finally! Q4 2019! This will be the ultimate Zorro collectible! And just in time for the character's 100th anniversary too! :rock

~ Z

Last edited:
The figure and all the accessories look really good. However, I have doubts about this actually making it to production. I'm curious, in general, about blitzway's licensing choices. Are they beholden to someone and are only allowed to make figures based on what this one individual likes? Do they just pick up whatever the sculptor wants to work on? They are capable of hot toys quality and tend to include a lot of great accessories but the properties they pick make little sense. I can't imagine that Cutthroat Island, Mask of Zorro and Bill n' Ted have high demand in Asia either when there is so little demand for them in the West. I pre-ordered just because it looks like a very well done.

What are some properties that blitzway could tackle that would increase the demand?

My totally selfish pick: Macready from The Thing. I don't know if it would sell better but it would definitely make a splash.
John Wick would have been perfect before hot toys jumped. I know that most licenses have been snatched up but there has to some that are underserved. I really want blitzway to get going so we have real competition at the highest level.

The figure and all the accessories look really good. However, I have doubts about this actually making it to production. I'm curious, in general, about blitzway's licensing choices. Are they beholden to someone and are only allowed to make figures based on what this one individual likes? Do they just pick up whatever the sculptor wants to work on? They are capable of hot toys quality and tend to include a lot of great accessories but the properties they pick make little sense. I can't imagine that Cutthroat Island, Mask of Zorro and Bill n' Ted have high demand in Asia either when there is so little demand for them in the West. I pre-ordered just because it looks like a very well done.

What are some properties that blitzway could tackle that would increase the demand?

My totally selfish pick: Macready from The Thing. I don't know if it would sell better but it would definitely make a splash.
John Wick would have been perfect before hot toys jumped. I know that most licenses have been snatched up but there has to some that are underserved. I really want blitzway to get going so we have real competition at the highest level.

Do Ghostbusters or Silence of the Lambs have large Asian followings either?

Do Blitzway release their figures on time? I have the impression their ghostbusters were delayed.

Yeah I'm really not expecting this as early as they've said. Mid 2020 is probably more likely. Still, it's awesome to see it finally go up and I will definitely be ordering.

When I first saw this I was impressed with the figure, but then I thought it was sad that talented companies like Blitzway are forced to sift through the IP scrap pile while Hot Toys hogs all the current properties. But I admittedly have no idea if that’s the real story. Anyone have insight into how licensing works? Does Hot Toys get first dibs on everything because of their track record or is there a bidding process? It would be nice if an IP could be sub-licensed so other companies could fill in secondary figure that Hot Toys no longer has the risk tolerance to produce. But from what I‘ve heard, Howard would rather see every other company fail.

Last edited:
For anyone still on the fence about this one. Perhaps this will help you decide.....

zorro_the-mask-of-zorro_gallery_5d5433bb1ffa7.jpg

zorro_the-mask-of-zorro_gallery_5d5433bbc48d2.jpg

zorro_the-mask-of-zorro_gallery_5d5433bc1f7af.jpg

zorro_the-mask-of-zorro_gallery_5d5433bd01bee.jpg

zorro_the-mask-of-zorro_gallery_5d5433bc65833.jpg

zorro_the-mask-of-zorro_gallery_5d5433d5dc6c1.jpg

zorro_the-mask-of-zorro_gallery_5d5433d840fba.jpg

zorro_the-mask-of-zorro_gallery_5d5433be2ca5d.jpg

Everything looks great, aside from the unmasked head bearing little resemblance to Banderas — how could they get the masked version so right, and the unmasked version so wrong...

Everything looks great, aside from the unmasked head bearing little resemblance to Banderas — how could they get the masked version so right, and the unmasked version so wrong...

Little resemblance of Banderas? You must be joking.

Clearly, people see what they want to see. But as someone who went to Art School, and has years of practice capturing likenesses, I just don't see much in the unmasked sculpt. Too many differences to be an accurate depiction in my eyes. If you're happy with it, so be it. Enjoy.

05520911.jpgscree166.jpg
scree167.jpg
scree168.jpg
scree169.jpg

Very. Ugh on the fence on that one.

I agree, zero resemblance to Banderas, at least in the promo pictures because the ones from SdCC look better.

this isn’t Zorro for me. Zorro is Don Diego.

That price!!!!

Back