Blitzway - Mask of Zorro - Zorro Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I honestly don't see why people are complaining about this figure....it looks pretty great to me...

Am glad it apparently looks great but if u are the kind of collector that appreciates fine details then apparently this fig could be better.

Mine has shipped; I am happy about that but could be happier from pics I have seen. There are companies that really put their back into a fig like ASMUS
or HT's best, like their 2 Doctor Strange releases.

IMO from the vids I've seen for one thing, for me, the back scarf is gonna get replaced with something more screen accurate. They could have added the whip holder for the belt, too.

Great review and damn nice figure.
I especially love the posing, this guy is good!

Enjoyed this review and the respect the man shows for the figure. His lighting is good too.

Am sorry tho I don't speak Spanish - or French; Virtual Devil's earlier review sounded hilarious except didn't understand a word.:cool:

Did anyone else receive a free extra Zorro delivered today from KGHobby??

My original tracking never updated beyond Monroe Township NJ, but I eventually received it about ten days later.

Now I've just received a second Zorro figure in the mail today.

That happened to me with the original Sideshow ROTLA Indiana Jones. I ordered one. Sideshow sent me six (a crate rather than a single). Called and e-mailed several times to try to ship them back. Nobody ever called me back.

Ended-up selling the other five to a local comic shop.

SnakeDoc

Michael Crawford has one of his excellent review of this fig up, with razor sharp pictures.
https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW-072020a.htm

Mostly agree, more or less. On the one hand IMO there are so many good things about this fig:) - IMO the masked sculpt has a great cheeky Zorro expression, and expressions seem to be hard to pull off. The unmasked sculpt has a great fierce expression; and some comments had me worried re the paint. IMO the paint is very good - subtle tho, and doesn't have the richness of Photoshopped studio shots. I'd rather not have clown paint. The irises on the unmasked sculpt probably should have been set slightly farther apart, at least on mine. But's it's bearable.

I dunno what to say 'coz haven't had a fig make me smile like this in a while *warm fuzzies*:lol. For sure Blitzway captured the look and feel of Banderas' Zorro, and IMO there's some stuff that's pretty effective, like whatever the plastic used for the gloves looks great. There's some nice detail touches like the clear gem in the metal necklace, and the hat looks good.

Then there's the other stuff that needs the WILL to futz. I added spurs (Redman fig) which IMO should have been included, tho not critical (but opening scene to movie, Blitzway! - the jingle of spurs and all that....:slap) The IMO inexcusable lack of whip holster:pfft:. A costume that maddeningly slithers around when posing, so IMO this guy needs some briefs and the shirt needs a rinse to soften it up. The stiff ankles for an athletic character r u kidding:pfft:.The sword hilt. The *&^%$ scarf....

scarf_backview.jpg

Not much info but the movie mask/scarf/rebozo was apparently hand woven Mexican rebozo; a craft with such pride apparently there are people who just weave the fringe:

Mexico_fringeweave.jpg

Blitzway could've TRIED. Pretty sure ASMUS would've. I don't mean hand weaving but fringe, at least. I still haven't been able to get a good look at the film whip holster - everything out there in 1/6 has snaps; not even sure snaps were around in 1820.

On the other hand I've got a horse on order:google and am having fun turning ASMUS' Door to Haberdashery into a Mexican cantina - WIP. Not sure I have the stones to Dremel a carved Z into the door:horror (as soon as I pry the boards off this diorama:horror).

Tablet pics:

Blitzway_zorro_ASMUS_door.jpg

Blitzway_zorro_ASMUS_door_unmasked2.jpg

Blitzway_zorro_ASMUS_door_unmasked_close.jpg

Blitzway_zorro_ASMUS_door_mask.jpg

Blitzway_zorro_ASMUS_door_mask_close.jpg

Overall IMO what Asta said, a few posts back. There's a lot good, like a solid body and the cape. And a lot that could be better for the retail price. For the customizers and kitbashers there's plenty to work with, and he looks good as is. It's a badass fig. D@mmit.:google:lol

That last picture captures his attitude perfectly. Drinking to your health after just robbing from you to fight injustice. Salud!

LOL. Thank you. Seems like something Zorro would do.:cool:

For all my grousing, a fig I am happy to have, and he looks amazing on the shelf, even across a room.

Because I really like this figure, I finally watched the sequel The Legend of Zorro for the first time tonight. It was much better than I was expecting, especially the ending with the train chase. I was unaware that it was written by Orci & Kurtzman, who wrote the 2 JJ-Star Trek movies. I'd love to see Bandares and Zeta-Jones do a third entry in the series to pass off the character to a new actor. All that aside, I now wish Blitzway had added a hatless masked version of the head sculpt, and boot spurs that were featured in the sequel.

Because I really like this figure, I finally watched the sequel The Legend of Zorro for the first time tonight. It was much better than I was expecting, especially the ending with the train chase. I was unaware that it was written by Orci & Kurtzman, who wrote the 2 JJ-Star Trek movies. I'd love to see Bandares and Zeta-Jones do a third entry in the series to pass off the character to a new actor. All that aside, I now wish Blitzway had added a hatless masked version of the head sculpt, and boot spurs that were featured in the sequel.

Agree on all counts - re Legend of Zorro far as I can tell the choreography of the fight scenes is pretty complex; plus appreciate the sets and lush costumes - nothing was skimped on.

IMO what Blitzway extended themselves on, they did really well. The spurs I added from a Redman fig work pretty well - not a perfect fit but workable. This is a fig I will be adding to and futzing with for a good while (like adding Tornado, eventually).

Down the road I might try for an extra unmasked sculpt and see what could be done re adding the scarf/mask. IMO the thing that might hurt the most is having to sand the hair down smooth:horror to get the film look under a cloth scarf/mask.

PS. Seeing this fig hit the 'bay at marked up prices from China. I'd definitely get him at retail IMO later trying to get this fig will be way too pricey.:horror

Pretty impressed with this set so far. The shirt is definitely the toughest part to get sitting right on the shoulders so he doesnt look neckless. Still need to do a bit more, but everything else is very nice!

IMG_2634b.jpg

Shirt was definitely a pain to get looking decent, but this was the best I could do. Overall a pretty awesome figure for fans of the movie or the swashbuckling action adventure genre!

IMG_2637b.jpg

IMG_2641b.jpg

Pretty impressed with this set so far. The shirt is definitely the toughest part to get sitting right on the shoulders so he doesnt look neckless.

The best way I found dealing with it was to pull it down and fasten it to the body with a strip of electrical tape. Before I did that it just wanted to spring out as the trousers aren't tight enough to hold it in place.

Back