Blitzway - Mask of Zorro - Zorro Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just received mine today, and I gotta say.... I think it actually looks pretty darn good. It's definitely not perfect right out of the box, and will require a bit of futzing and modding to look its best (especially when it comes to the shirt and wobbly hat brim), but I'm fairly used to that by now with anything not made by HT. The other thing I noticed with mine is the body having a slightly redder skin tone than the head, so I'll need to correct that as well.

The alternate head I think is actually painted fairly well, with the exception of the crossed-eyes... and the fact it just never looked much like him to begin with. :D

Other than the shirt riding too high, the outfit feels like a pretty good quality to me, and I'm not that bothered by the belt or holsters not being made of leather. I agree the metal sword and plastic crossguard look a bit odd together, but drilling in some holes and painting it more metallic should help with that.

All in all, while it is still very overpriced, there's a lot of potential here for a really cool figure, which is all I ever need in the end.

Just received mine today, and I gotta say.... I think it actually looks pretty darn good. It's definitely not perfect right out of the box, and will require a bit of futzing and modding to look its best (especially when it comes to the shirt and wobbly hat brim), but I'm fairly used to that by now with anything not made by HT. The other thing I noticed with mine is the body being a slightly redder skin tone than the head, so I'll need to correct that as well.

The alternate head I think is actually painted fairly well, with the exception of the crossed-eyes... and the fact it just never looked much like him to begin with. :D

Other than the shirt riding too high, the outfit feels like a pretty good quality to me, and I'm not that bothered by the belt or holsters not being made of leather. I agree the metal sword and plastic crossguard look a bit odd together, but drilling in some holes and painting it more metallic should help with that.

All in all, while it is still very overpriced, there's a lot of potential here for a really cool figure, which is all I was really looking for.

Is everyone getting crossed eyes? Noticed that in some in hand pics. Not a fan of poorly done eyes. Was hoping to use the second sculpt to maybe bash another look for display.

Wow can't believe I hadn't seen this before-- Banderas dressing up as Zorro again on Jimmy Kimmel last year. Sounds like the costume was all original except for the mask and boots. Pretty cool to see.

antonio-banderas-jimmy-kimmel-live-05.jpg

antonio-banderas-jimmy-kimmel-live-04.jpg

Is everyone getting crossed eyes? Noticed that in some in hand pics. Not a fan of poorly done eyes. Was hoping to use the second sculpt to maybe bash another look for display.

I just double checked and neither of mine are afflicted that condition.

The eyes do have a high gloss finish, and when bringing them closer to the light at certain angles they turn white and shine. So some of what may appear to be crossed-eyes in photos could be part of the iris looking like the white of the eye.

What I don't like about the second sculpt is that unless it's lit from directly above it appears like a lifeless, staring doll. The masked sculpt is the complete opposite, and is full of character.

Wow can't believe I hadn't seen this before-- Banderas dressing up as Zorro again on Jimmy Kimmel last year. Sounds like the costume was all original except for the mask and boots. Pretty cool to see.

View attachment 488517

View attachment 488518

Even though he is 60 or will be 60 this year, I wish he would do one more Zorro. Could be a trilogy. First one is becoming Zorro. Second is balancing his life and Zorro together and third is ending his time as Zorro and finishing the chapter as Zorro. Sadly James Horner died so we won?t have that awesome score he made with these films. Maybe someone who can make a score using his technique and the main themes? But Antonio said he was not wanting to do a third because he felt too old to play Zorro.

He always could be the new mentor figure and pass on the torch to a new Zorro. But they're never going to recapture the magic of that first movie again anyway, so it's probably best that they just leave it be.

No crossed eyes on mine.

I just double checked and neither of mine are afflicted that condition.

The eyes do have a high gloss finish, and when bringing them closer to the light at certain angles they turn white and shine. So some of what may appear to be crossed-eyes in photos could be part of the iris looking like the white of the eye.

What I don't like about the second sculpt is that unless it's lit from directly above it appears like a lifeless, staring doll. The masked sculpt is the complete opposite, and is full of character.

Thanks! Pet peeve is badly done eyes - crossed eyes, googly eyes, or the "pinpoint" pupil look where the effect is either someone staring in psycho rage or they just look like they got a huge bill.:cool:

I'll just go with any *staring lifelessness* as "steely badass determination; the stare that tells the opponent their remains will soon be on display in a jar...":monkey3

But, in the nitpick category, agree with darth dennis some tweaks would help. Think I wanna change out the scarf in back; the screen version far as I can tell was "flowy" and had fringe. The original costumer I think was working hard to make this character silhouette-wise strong, graceful lines. The black film scarf flows almost like long hair would e.g. I think they may have used silk.:dunno

Someone's picture - NOT mine.

zorroportrait.jpg

It doesn't suck IMO. Not what it could be or should be. But IMO display-able. Tho here a bit cross-eyed looking.

Finally he's here! After putting him together he is with out of doubt an amazing piece. The unmasked sculpt isn't bad but mines is crossed eyed so I won't use it. But overall the unmasked sculpt is awesome. Yeah the rubber belt is meh but overall with some futzing it looks good.

If anyone was wondering, here's what it looks like with the hat pulled off. It took a bit of effort, but after heating up the head a few times I finally wiggled it free. And I also noticed that the mask is just a thin piece of plastic over a regular painted head, so I think I'll definitely be replacing that with a fabric one now. Since the lower edge of the mask was a bit more raggedy in the movie anyway.

Unfortunately now that I have the hat off, it's clear that the unmasked head is about 10% larger than the masked one, so I won't be able to use it with the hat after all for a more serious expression. :(

20200627_192725 (2).jpg

The other thing I need to do is make a whip holder for the belt. I haven't been able to find a clear pic of it yet, but it appears to be some kind of metal clip. Kind of annoying that Blitzway didn't include one.

mask-zorro-movie-screencaps.com-13860.jpg

ip_452491.jpg

Blitzway continues to lead the way with their brilliant quality. I really hope they make some screen accurate horror figures soon... always impressive and I look forward to seeing Bill and Ted and Hendrix 1/6

Blitzway continues to lead the way with their brilliant quality. I really hope they make some screen accurate horror figures soon... always impressive and I look forward to seeing Bill and Ted and Hendrix 1/6

I'm glad I have Zorro, and he does look good on display, but I wouldn't categorise Blitzway as a company that's leading, but rather struggling to follow while charging HT prices. A bit like Sideshow in that regard.

Blitzway's only justification could be that they overpaid for the rights to The Mask of Zorro so they couldn't afford better materials, or a better paint job.

I'm pretty sure an unlicensed Zorro from Pop Toys or Xensation (i.e. Asmus) would have this beaten.

I assume the plastic wrap on the body is there to keep from staining of the shirt. Was trying to pull it off and ended up scuffing a bit of the chest paint. 😫

After scuffing the chest on mine I'll leave it on. As far as the scuff goes I covered it a bit with the shirt. But kinda feel like I'm going to need to replace it soon I can't have marks or damage on my figures. Will have to wait for parts to go up and get the body there.

I'm glad I have Zorro, and he does look good on display, but I wouldn't categorise Blitzway as a company that's leading, but rather struggling to follow while charging HT prices. A bit like Sideshow in that regard.

Blitzway's only justification could be that they overpaid for the rights to The Mask of Zorro so they couldn't afford better materials, or a better paint job.

I'm pretty sure an unlicensed Zorro from Pop Toys or Xensation (i.e. Asmus) would have this beaten.

Gotta admit tho was so impressed with Sideshow Jawas ordered Obi-Wan. IMO like ASMUS, Sideshow seems to be into costume details.
To me, so far, this fig seems like Blitzway was doing a "good enough" job vs. careful loving details. Shame about the hat thing, lack of whip holster, and so on. Think the shelf effect will be good, but it's a fig that could use some upgrades.:medic

I wish ASMUS had done this figure.

Unfortunately now that I have the hat off, it's clear that the unmasked head is about 10% larger than the masked one, so I won't be able to use it with the hat after all for a more serious expression.

Hopefully that was a wise decision on Blitzway's part for proportion reasons with hat/no hat, visually. Otherwise that's kinda odd.:dunno

Back