Blitzway - Mask of Zorro - Zorro Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The more pics I see, the more disappointed I get. 300+ USD for this (in Europe) and the HS is not perfect. That is not happening. Blitzway usually do very well, but for me, this is a miss. Sadly.
Congrats to everyone who is happy.
I hope someone will do a review on this. I still harbour a hope, that it will look alright in hand ...

The more pics I see, the more disappointed I get. 300+ USD for this (in Europe) and the HS is not perfect. That is not happening. Blitzway usually do very well, but for me, this is a miss. Sadly.
Congrats to everyone who is happy.
I hope someone will do a review on this. I still harbour a hope, that it will look alright in hand ...

It does look all right in hand...if you have long arms. :wink1:

It just doesn't shout high end or value for money when you consider the quality of the individual components. It's as if they made a high quality sword blade, then sourced the hilt from Hasbro; then sculpted a high quality masked head, and went to Hasbro again for the hat.

The figure is the equivalent of Hot Toys' Jawa and Gonk - over priced and half-assed, yet nice to have.

It does look all right in hand...if you have long arms. :wink1:

It just doesn't shout high end or value for money when you consider the quality of the individual components. It's as if they made a high quality sword blade, then sourced the hilt from Hasbro; then sculpted a high quality masked head, and went to Hasbro again for the hat.

The figure is the equivalent of Hot Toys' Jawa and Gonk - over priced and half-assed, yet nice to have.

I cannot tell you how much I appreciate your honesty. Thank you!

I cannot tell you how much I appreciate your honesty. Thank you!

Thank you.

It's my honest opinion, but as they say, 'your mileage may vary'.

As in my reply to your message, I see it like this:

Sassafras wrote a few days ago that there are figures by Asmus that you marvel at due to the quality and attention to detail. There are figures where all the accessories are like little works of art and stun you with the precision that went into their creation.

Blitzway's Zorro isn't like that, but the overall impression is good.

Thank you.

It's my honest opinion, but as they say, 'your mileage may vary'.

As in my reply to your message, I see it like this:

Sassafras wrote a few days ago that there are figures by Asmus that you marvel at due to the quality and attention to detail. There are figures where all the accessories are like little works of art and stun you with the precision that went into their creation.

Blitzway's Zorro isn't like that, but the overall impression is good.

I appreciate knowing ahead of time too. It's not that ASMUS has not had issues in the past...but they really WORK at it and you can see the commitment to details while keeping in the more or less affordable price range. Am certain that if they made Zorro the hat would be removable and cloth based, based on Gandalf's hat.
And the mask/scarf would have the fine fringe details; and the whip holster would be there. Their later figs have terrific paint/sculpts.

Other companies doing military stuff I've gotten parted out seem to do great work too.

So LOL good to know ahead of time so I don't get all *&^%. My first Blitzway fig. At least he LOOKS striking on the shelf, if overpriced and in need of some tweaks.
For me, anyway. He's a pretty high-priced fig to need tweaks tho.:slap

Thanks for the laugh:
It's as if they made a high quality sword blade, then sourced the hilt from Hasbro; then sculpted a high quality masked head, and went to Hasbro again for the hat.

:lol I do like my Hasbro Infinity Gauntlet.:monkey3:cool:

I have to say despite the so so reviews, I think this a fantastic figure. Having loved the character since I was a kid (anyone else remember the TV movie with Frank Langella), I was on the fence till I grabbed the last one in stock at Alter Ego. Glad I did. With a proper futz, and a whip holder I made out of a 4 inch black cable tie, this has incredible shelf presence.

Zorro.jpgZorro2.jpgZorro3.jpgZorro4.jpg

I have to say despite the so so reviews, I think this a fantastic figure. Having loved the character since I was a kid (anyone else remember the TV movie with Frank Langella), I was on the fence till I grabbed the last one in stock at Alter Ego. Glad I did. With a proper futz, and a whip holder I made out of a 4 inch black cable tie, this has incredible shelf presence.

Nice pics!:clap Like the use of unobtrusive white stands.

Hoping to get him in soon. Don't know what I'm gonna do about a whip holder - I'd like to get a look at the real one, but only pics of whip holder I've seen are for Indy. It's gotta be something where u can grab the whip fast?

Yeah, for all my bemoaning - probably not helped by getting another amazing ASMUS fig in (that has IMO exceptional detailing) - well, if I thought it was gonna be *unbearable* I would've cancelled.:google Really appreciate comments and reviews. Luv Zorro so unless the fig was absolute *&^%$ need him on the shelf.

I have had my Zorro for a few days and just was able to open it. I was worried by what some were saying about it but I love this figure. I loved Zorro ever since my dad showed me the old black and white movies. I am sure he regretted that decision because after that I would run around the house with a crayon marking Z on the walls.
My hat was a little off so I used some hot water and was able to reshape it.
I am super happy with this figure.
2f5ebd431ccffe5d08977b3f4408c051.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Cancelled, it looks like absolute trash.

Such false advertisement, the prototype looks so good! I know that is always subject to change but this is an abomination.

Skipped a bullet!

Cancelled, it looks like absolute trash.

Such false advertisement, the prototype looks so good! I know that is always subject to change but this is an abomination.

Skipped a bullet!

I ended up cancelling mine as well. I could not come to paying $300 (after shipping and tax) for the quality I have seen in pics. Big Bad Toy Store sent new the ship notice and I was able to stop it thankfully.

I ended up cancelling mine as well. I could not come to paying $300 (after shipping and tax) for the quality I have seen in pics. Big Bad Toy Store sent new the ship notice and I was able to stop it thankfully.

Keeping my PO. Even if it's overpriced compared to the best of HT and others. But didnt pay full price anyway with RPs. One thing Blitzway did well IMO was sucessfully pulling off an expression which not everyone manages. Probably the only 1/6 of this actor in this role ever plus shelf presence. Still looking forward to having Zorro.

Stealing poses from this guy - dont understand the Spanish but looks good here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3-CPDg_MxQ

This is my figure I love it, it,s not the prototype but it's quite good.

Thank you for posting the pics:) - what you said. The masked sculpt looks very good; far as I can tell the unmasked is pretty good - more
of a production paint thing. From vids at least the hair looks detailed/sharp. I know mostly that's not seen on display but it bugs me when production sculpted hair is soft/blobby/poorly done.

Did anyone else receive a free extra Zorro delivered today from KGHobby??

My original tracking never updated beyond Monroe Township NJ, but I eventually received it about ten days later.

Now I've just received a second Zorro figure in the mail today.

I sold the first figure I received, guess I might keep this one. :hi5: :yess: :lol

Jul 13, 2020 07:13 am
Out for Delivery
,xxxxxxxxx
Jul 13, 2020 07:02 am
Arrival at Unit,xxxxxxxxxx
Jul 12, 2020 03:28 am
In Transit,MACON,US
Jul 12, 2020 02:13 am
Accepted at USPS Destination Sort Facility,MACON,US
Jul 11, 2020 19:05 pm
Destination DC departure,ATLANTA,US
Jul 09, 2020 08:55 am
Destination DC arrival,ATLANTA,US
Jul 04, 2020 01:57 am
Destination DC arrival,ATLANTA,US
Jul 03, 2020 14:32 pm
Destination DC departure,Monroe Township,US
Jun 11, 2020 18:44 pm
Destination DC arrival,Monroe Township,US
Jun 06, 2020 02:23 am
Import customs clearance completed,US
Jun 06, 2020 01:00 am
Destination Port Arrival,US
Jun 05, 2020 01:39 am
Departure from origin country,HK
Jun 04, 2020 15:10 pm
Export customs declaration completed,HK
Jun 03, 2020 20:56 pm
RDC departure,Kowloon,HK
Jun 03, 2020 19:31 pm
MailBag receiving scan,Kowloon,HK
Jun 03, 2020 15:54 pm
Station depart,Causeway Bay,HK
Jun 02, 2020 20:51 pm
Package received (Customer Service email: [email protected]),Causeway Bay,HK
Jun 02, 2020 11:15 am
Shipment data received,HK

Did anyone else receive a free extra Zorro delivered today from KGHobby??

My original tracking never updated beyond Monroe Township NJ, but I eventually received it about ten days later.

Now I've just received a second Zorro figure in the mail today.

I sold the first figure I received, guess I might keep this one. :hi5: :yess: :lol

Long as they don't audit their records at some point and send u an invoice down the road.:cool:

Paid mine off from Sideshow...now the wait:(

Back