Blitzway 1:6 Ghostbusters - ECTO-1

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They didn't make more figures when they released the car, and the car is way more difficult and complex. If you want an Ecto 1 best be buying it now.

Ok, I?m told I?m finally getting in on this, I should hear back today if I?m finally being lifted off the wait list.

DISPLAYS! How are you guys displaying this beast?! I?ve looked everywhere and to get this monster in some kind of acrylic case is $500 easy. I?m afraid if I leave it open my two year old is gonna drive it to day care.

I?d love to see some photos of what you guys are doing and any suggestions.

Woohoo, just received my Ecto today and happy to report that the lights and siren all worked perfectly on the first try. :D No issues with the paint or decals that I can see, and the doors all close flush. Haven't tried out the mp3 player yet though.

This thing just looks absolutely gorgeous in hand. Any concern I might have had about this looking like a plastic Barbie car are gone, and it has a much more solid look and feel than my DeLorean and Batmobile. And while a weathered chrome would have obviously been preferable, the silver trim doesn't really bother me much, or make the car look any less impressive.

20200307_145229 (2).jpg

aac634754bb7ebb2c1f7efe58a0fd0e6.jpg

She surely is a beaut. Only thing is that I loaded the sd card with the siren but it won?t go on unless I plug the usb in the top and in my computer. I don?t understand why it won?t work with just the sd card in. Otherwise, super happy with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The MP3 player needs to be powered by USB to work, that?s why.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ecto has landed in Ireland. Was worried what would happen during shipping.
Cant get the back back light bar to rotate and passenger side door doesn't close flush.
But other than than its amazing, looks great and I'm so impressed with it.
833c8968f9e4924db0c7dd6d7d50be5c.jpg
69afab750e0063928afd67730a6f8b67.jpg
8f8c4334849ed8d88c28710a227b2be1.jpg
2055d9481f735746910be1211c754d6b.jpg
4a6700459496e43af5c4c6378c8496cc.jpg
fb794019e9f86a85d43bc5a6f5f9c8a5.jpg
f03fee07c697528bb8b86ef6c771b5ea.jpg

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

I contacted Collectibles Direct UK, and they said my order was in the 3rd batch, which is due for delivery at the end of this month. Clearing a temporary space for it, as we speak.

Thanks! Very happy it made it in one piece.

The bar light bar came to life by itself a few mins ago. Delighted

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Thanks for letting us know it's reached you and uploading the photos. It's awesome to know it's got to you in one piece. The box looks pretty good too considering how far it's traveled. Really hoping mine arrives soon in a similar state.

In case anyone is wondering, this is the MP3 board that they used for the sound. If you take apart things with this ecto you really see that they were cutting corners and cheaping out. The MP3 player costs about $1, maybe less if bought in bulk. They took the time to solder on the wires for the speaker even though there are screw terminals for the speaker on it, and a 3.5mm jack, but couldn't be bothered to add wires to run it off the battery which would have taken the same time to solder a couple wires on. Runs on 3.7-5V so it easily would have run off the battery pack on the roof...or even add another one inside that box if power is a concern.

People should be complaining about the lack of effort that went into this at the last mile. They phoned in the electronics...the only good news is that it should be simple enough to put in an arduino or something and run at lease everything on the roof off that.

MP3-Player-Module-with-2W-Onboard-Amplifier-3.jpg

I ordered from figurine-collector.fr a french collectors site, they said they should have had there order Monday but I’ve not heard anything yet!.

In case anyone is wondering, this is the MP3 board that they used for the sound. If you take apart things with this ecto you really see that they were cutting corners and cheaping out. The MP3 player costs about $1, maybe less if bought in bulk. They took the time to solder on the wires for the speaker even though there are screw terminals for the speaker on it, and a 3.5mm jack, but couldn't be bothered to add wires to run it off the battery which would have taken the same time to solder a couple wires on. Runs on 3.7-5V so it easily would have run off the battery pack on the roof...or even add another one inside that box if power is a concern.

People should be complaining about the lack of effort that went into this at the last mile. They phoned in the electronics...the only good news is that it should be simple enough to put in an arduino or something and run at lease everything on the roof off that.

View attachment 480740

Yeah it's so bizarre that they didn't power it off of the roof batteries along with everything else. Hopefully someone can post a tutorial on how to do that. I can solder and wire up LEDs, but don't know anything about how circuit boards or arduinos work.

Yeah it's so bizarre that they didn't power it off of the roof batteries along with everything else. Hopefully someone can post a tutorial on how to do that. I can solder and wire up LEDs, but don't know anything about how circuit boards or arduinos work.

Running the power over would be very simple but would require breaking the glue holding the box where the MP3 player is, and breaking glue holding the front of that box on. Almost would be better to abandon it and put a new board in with the other electronics with better playing options.

Back