Blitzway 1:6 Ghostbusters - ECTO-1

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hate how they changed the fin lights and made them overly simplified and toy like compared to the prototype ones

Have you seen his close up photos? He posted over fifty of them here:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/OneSixthSociety/permalink/2728619563890137/

Trouble is it's a group, so you have to be a member.

Nope, but I'm not joining that guy's Facebook group. I did pretty carefully study all the YouTube footage available. I'm confident that this will look pretty good under kind of dim but backlit lighting conditions sorta like how it would look if parked in a lit garage as opposed to a showroom. The drawbacks kinda are what they are, I see them and they annoy me especially when considering the cost. But it took nearly 40 years for a 1/6 Ecto to come along, I don't think I'll see another in my lifetime. It's the last movie car I want in this scale, but not the last vehicle:)

This thing is awesome! Not final display but glad everyone fits ! Lol CAD5254A-0C33-4FA8-81F3-A524CF9FC399.jpeg5471661C-59B6-4D69-B962-271A00704638.jpeg

Nope, but I'm not joining that guy's Facebook group. I did pretty carefully study all the YouTube footage available. I'm confident that this will look pretty good under kind of dim but backlit lighting conditions sorta like how it would look if parked in a lit garage as opposed to a showroom. The drawbacks kinda are what they are, I see them and they annoy me especially when considering the cost. But it took nearly 40 years for a 1/6 Ecto to come along, I don't think I'll see another in my lifetime. It's the last movie car I want in this scale, but not the last vehicle:)

I could go for a 1/6 Aston Martin DB5 or a Pursuit Special. However, the 1/6 Bond line does not appear to be successful enough to warrant a car and I don't think any company has the rights to Mad Max. Even if those vehicles were considered, the prices these days would be astronomical to cover production costs for such a niche market (as Blitzway is likely learning with ECTO-1).

If I'm being quite mad, my dream collection would include a 1/6 Orca from Jaws, but I would have to build that myself.

The electronics work great the front rotating lights are very loud though. The bumpers for me are fine not to shiny and not dull the mp3 is nice and loud as well but can be lowered if you want it’s pretty awesome

Congrats Jaymig, looks fantastic! Honestly I'm not too bothered by slightly misaligned stickers or tiny scratches here and there (since those would likely exist on the real car too), although the bumps under the GB logo are very unsightly so I hope mine won't suffer from those.

I'm still not clear on how the lights work though. Which switches activate what lights? Are there different modes, or does everything just turn on at once?

Personally I think the car is a bit oversized in comparison to the figures. The top of the doors should be no more than neck level.

That's my instinct from those shots as well.

I get that it's an ambulance/limousine, so it's a big car to start with, but it just seems really, really big.

View attachment 478123

Personally I think the car is a bit oversized in comparison to the figures. The top of the doors should be no more than neck level.

Yeah it?s slightly oversized but it has to be.
Joost from JazzInc mentioned this also in a recent video on Justin?s YouTube channel.
Has to be slightly oversized in order to fit the figures in.

View attachment 478123

Judging by pictures I would say you are correct but I can't say it bothers me as much as the noisy electronics that spin too fast for example. If anything I would much rather it be slightly oversized than underscaled, but I can see your point looking at pics of the screenshot vs. the Blitzway.

And those GB figures are already slightly oversized to begin with, so that must make the car even bigger. Fortunately I was planning to have the car displayed on it's own for the most part anyway, since it'll be hard enough finding space just for it.

Based on online specs for a real Delorean it should be 28 inches long at 1:6 scale, while the hot toys Delorean is listed at 31 inches which may be a little off so it should be pretty close to the right size. The seat of the HT Delorean is too high I believe plus anyone that has ever been in one will attest to how small it?s not made for anyone tall, coupled with the fact that HT figures don?t quite bend and move like a real person it?s not surprising that Doc doesn?t fit.

As for the Ecto, again according to online specs for a 59 Miller Meteor and the info for the Blitzway it would make the real life car 20 inches longer than it is, which for an over 20 foot long car is a pretty small difference. But yes it does seem to be a tiny bit oversized.

Back